fluid magic quest (idea)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

enchilado
Knight
Knight

Re: fluid magic quest (idea)

Post by enchilado »

I preferred it when ores were rarer. 10k, they used to cost; now they're a third of the price. A mage can make six powders from one ore easily, meaning a powder's only worth 500gp. And then they get 8 hits with lightning, so each strike only costs about 62gp.

But anyway, a cost in money does not balance out a high attack which is not affected by armour. The balancing needs to be done inside the combat system, not by chucking a price on it.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Re: fluid magic quest (idea)

Post by Leela »

poisin, i think you make one mistake in this. you calculate only highlevelled mages. your example with 8 hits from ingrav counts for a 99 int + very advanced mage.
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.