[CPT] [WIP soon] market place

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

IvanMorve
Novice
Novice

[CPT] [WIP soon] market place

Post by IvanMorve »

first concept for a little market in the village:

tileset used:

Is there a problem with big non tilable thing?
arikel
Novice
Novice

Re: [CPT] [WIP soon] market place

Post by arikel »

Very nice! There is no problem with objects taller and / or wider than the base 32 * 32 pixels tile : http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 430#p28430.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

IvanMorve wrote:Is there a problem with big non tilable thing?
There is no problem at all. Sometimes this is the only way, eg. mine ship - a huge non tilable thingy :P

I greatly appreciate your sense of good taste in pixelart. You are definitely going in right direction. If I may, here is a bunch of ideas:
- animated weather-vane on the roof (with cock, dragon, or whatever you wish)
- chimneys
- windows, doors, roof windows
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

When first I looked, the ground appeared to have a very visible grid; after playing around with it in Tiled, though, I found it is possible to remove this (obviously you did this quickly, and didn't have time for that), at least mostly.

The walls on the buildings are somewhat plain, but could be improved by windows, doors, stray bricks and cracks (of course that's not just the marketplace, it's the whole building, but I thought I'd mention it here).

As for the stalls, they would look very nice if used along with straight ones. The perspective is a bit out, though (it seems to vary between sections)

I made this for use as a reference, it may be a shade large but you can easily shrink it if you want to use it a a base:

John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

I think the focus of this thread is supposed to be the tilted produce/bakery tables.

Do you really intend to have a very nice tree in the center?
Is this going to be a 'one of a kind' piece not to be reused or will there be multiple instances?
How about duplicating that single table to be placed along the walls as well, maybe even under the covering?

Very cool idea. I think the tree would be particularly awesome if you can pull it off.
IvanMorve
Novice
Novice

Post by IvanMorve »

@Iru: yes, doors, windows and other things are planned, I will work on them soon or later.

@Poison: I take note of your stalls. Flat table with triangular edge are much more easy to draw.

@John P: I think I'm not able to make a very nice tree right now. Maybe we can use Saphy's one?
That will be a unique piece, at least for CR1. To avoid redundancy.
Drawing straight table shouldn't be so hard once these ones are done.
IvanMorve
Novice
Novice

Post by IvanMorve »

second attempt :
more "regular".