WIP Naga

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

stava
Novice
Novice

WIP Naga

Post by stava »

New naga I made, feel free to edit it. It's WIP

and another monster or npc I made, it's a floating magician..
Attachments
NpcMonster.PNG
NpcMonster.PNG (1.02 KiB) Viewed 2856 times
Naga.PNG
Naga.PNG (2.29 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
Sookill
Peon
Peon

Re: WIP Naga

Post by Sookill »

The first image looks blury to me =/.

and Why do i get the feeling that the 2nd one is half ripped from your previous attempt ? which was infact someone else's :( .

Also from where im looking at it, it looks as if the prespective is gone wild :? , or maybe its just my mini screen?
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

I found parts of the outline that matched but not really enough to convict him...
matchup.png
matchup.png (12.56 KiB) Viewed 2761 times
Pixel Battalion
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

Edit: I don't care what you think. I'm not gonna bother, whoever thinks it's stolen, it's your choice. I know I haven't stole it.
Last edited by stava on 07 Jun 2010, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Well that kind of story always repeats itself :)

What do you want to hear, it does look good!
A bit oversaturated maybe... so deliver a full spritesheet of your creature and I will make sure it gets ingame.
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

Matt wrote:Well that kind of story always repeats itself :)

What do you want to hear, it does look good!
A bit oversaturated maybe... so deliver a full spritesheet of your creature and I will make sure it gets ingame.
Maybe when I get rid of the stress.
These forums are really stressful for me. I made 3 topics and in every of them I got people telling me I stole something.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

stava wrote:Maybe when I get rid of the stress.
These forums are really stressful for me. I made 3 topics and in every of them I got people telling me I stole something.
Because you did! And you also lied when we accused you of doing so until unrefuteable evidence was presented!

You might think that it is not a big deal, but by continually posting artwork based on other work you are bringing this project in big danger. What we are trying to create here is a game consising only of content which can be freely used under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Any third party claiming copyrights to any of our graphics could pretty much kill this project because we can't afford lawyers to defend ourself in court.

That's why we are very carefully with everything you post.

Edit: Removed some postings because of excessive swearing.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

Man, if you find those 2 same, then I can simply tell your sprite is same as RPG maker xp one because it's a human with a head. :wink:
Phantom
Peon
Peon

Post by Phantom »

[edit by Crush]Removed post because of excessive swearing[/edit]
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

In truth it's not impossible (but you should avoid Nagas or do your best to make sure it's a completely different composition from your first one as that brings back bad memories)

BTW don't think for a second that anyone believes that Phantom isn't you (your only showing people here that your dishonest)
Pixel Battalion
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Just let the guy be for now and prove himself to us before you frustrate him away.

The piece of outline being the same is IMO not really an argument. Ultimately there are not that many ways to outline a corner in pixel art.
This message used to be meaningful.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Rotonen wrote:Just let the guy be for now and prove himself to us before you frustrate him away.

The piece of outline being the same is IMO not really an argument. Ultimately there are not that many ways to outline a corner in pixel art.
Lets move on to technical issues then I see some pillow shading particularly on the belly/chest scales
Last edited by Len on 07 Jun 2010, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel Battalion
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

Len wrote:
Rotonen wrote:Just let the guy be for now and prove himself to us before you frustrate him away.

Lets move on to technical issues then I see some pillow shading particularly on the belly scales
I guess I still haven't learned how to shade this angle, I only know isometric.