Boss Encountering

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

What do you think?

Player Choose Boss Room
42%
Warp to the first empty Room
17%
Both
42%

Total votes: 12
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Boss Encountering

Post by Bear »

All this talk about Boss Monsters :o

I enjoy fighting bosses >.>

Anyhow here, i made a script with 2 variations...

1. Acts as a normal warps, checks through 12 rooms. Max players is 12 in every room.

2. Acts as a normal warp, asks what room the player wants to go to. If the room is full, goes directly t o the next, and so on...

iv already finished it

Just want to know which you think is better.
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

does 1) fill up a room before starting the next one, or does it distribute players evenly? the latter would really suck for parties...

anyways, asking "which 100% identical copy of the boss arena would you want to enter" immensely breaks the game immersion, so i'd go with the 1st.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

anyways, asking "which 100% identical copy of the boss arena would you want to enter" immensely breaks the game immersion, so i'd go with the 1st.
I dont quite get what your saying here :roll:

Eeh.. let me go into more detail.

First choice:
Checks the first room, if its full, goes to the next room.
if all rooms are full, then the player has to wait.

Second choice:
Allows the player to choose rooms to enter, all containing the same boss, this option would be best for parties. Allowing players choose a room to enter with their party/guild they can be together while fighting, aslong as others dont fill it up first.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i don't like either of the concepts. do we need multiple boss rooms at all?
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

absolutely not, these are just for option :o, i didnt mention any other ways because im just seeing wether or not i should make one or the other >.>

If none of them are used, so be it >..

i dont realy mind.

just to keep a few options open ahead of us. so we dont need to work on it afterwards >.>
nym
Novice
Novice

Post by nym »

I dont like any of these ideas at all. This feature has been implemented in private ragnarok online servers, and i dont think it works too well, as it takes the fun out of finding a boss and killing it before someone else does :)
YOU ARE READING THIS!
degen
Novice
Novice

Post by degen »

I agree with nym ...
its better to ahve the boss randomly be spawned in 2-3 different "map screens" and let the players find him as that will both be competitive and make players work towards the same goal and the winner takes it all :) while the loser/losers will have to wait :P as it is a part of the game :)

Or another solution to that would be to have "rooms" as you said and go with 1 but if so make it would probably be more nice to have it as instances like in wow ... or that might be a copy of existing game ... hmmmm is it? well either way i say random spawn or go with nr 1
Let em tell da' king
Da the east belongs to Morglum
Da east belongs to da orcs
Da east is green
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I think the whole idea of a boss should be that it's an obsticale. It should be a test to determine whether or not you're worthy of continuing into the next area.

Ofcourse we could have random, big, hard monsters besides that.
Last edited by Modanung on 23 Sep 2005, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

GREAT idea this will eb sweet with like 20 people LOL