Private Store - Feature?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Private Store - Feature?

Post by Peacemaker »

hi

you know... after lvl35 it becomes more difficult to level up without arrows... Arrows are expensive (and that?s good!) and so the ppl need to sell the dropped items ;)... ok you can sell them to the npc or to other ppl to make benefit by "spamming" the chat ... :D

Just two ideas:

1. a separate worldwide chat-tab for selling/buying (not very affective...)

2. Lineage2 (i only played beta) has a nice Feature for that. They call it "Private Store". Everyone can sit down and open a Private Store. ppl can add different items (max. 5? cant remember) to their store. They also have to choose item among, price and a shop title. Once the shop is created, the user can go afk or something... If the user moves, the store closes.

Other ppl can buy from the private stores like from a npc...

(i think the current npc shop code needs only a few improvements to handle that? but the dynamic creation of the shopscript for every private store would be more difficult!?!?)

here is a screenshot i have found on google. The background shows the passive ppl sitting around and selling stuff to the active ppl.
http://www.lineageii.com/images/guides/ ... S-shop.gif

I think such a system would make the world more dynamic and realistic.

what do you think?

and sorry for my bad english ;)
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

In Ragnarok Online you could open up a shop only if you were a merchant:

I think we will add a system like that, but it's not for the moment, probably when we will have the new server... :roll:
Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

cool :)
ElvenProgrammer wrote: but it's not for the moment
yes, i know... there a a lot more important things to do :)
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(
xand
Novice
Novice

Post by xand »

A little off-topic maybe but you mentioned expensive arrows...
Thats itching me too as I am a true archer (well I spent nearly all of my stat-points
on Dex and run around with a bow most of the time, so I think I can call myself an archer :twisted: )

So how about:

- get back some of the fired arrows (missed or still intact)
as this would also be a realistic approach
- let dedicated archers craft their own arrows or repair broken ones

So if someone fired 50 arrows maybe 10 are completely intact (landed in grass)
and 40 are broken to some degree -- and 20 / 40 can be re-used after fixing them
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

yeah i was thinking abut the shop idea too...

sure ou would need to have the skill for that
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Adding the crafting ability it's really easy server side, but adding it client side will require a bit of tricking. Sure it is possible and it will be added in future versions, but I can't assure when. I was thinking in the meanwhile to create an npc to whom you give some items and it creates arrows for you.
xand
Novice
Novice

Post by xand »

Hmm what does "give some items" mean ?
I guess you think about something like sticks or piecees of bush.
But where does the player get enough of that to create enough arrows.
I know thats me but sometimes I use 1000+ arrows / hour... :twisted:

Would that mean 1000 sticks needed ? (and maybe 200 stones for arrow-tips)
And this also sounds like collecting pieces of wood. :) (like mining)
Maybe I could contribute a little...
If you need an NPC, I could do it. Maybe I could also paint a little stick if artists out of time ;)

[ And have you read the "Monster Points .." Post ? A different approach would be
that you get everyday-items (can't think of a better word:roll:) like arrows in exchange
for Monster Points... (or Potions, Meat, Bread, Lodging) ]
bladewarrior
Peon
Peon

Post by bladewarrior »

Back to the store idea, would it be possible to create like a General Store that could hold a certain number of different items and maybe an unlimited (or limited) number of the same items then all players could talk to the Store Manager and it would pull up a box with all of the items in it. Then you could just buy and sell items straight from there? If anyone has ever played Runescape its kind of like that.

I don't know if you would want to use an idea straight from another game but maybe you could modify it to everyones liking (or at least most people's liking).
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Would the general store be somewhat like the marketplace described on the wiki?

http://wiki.themanaworld.org/Dynamic_economy_system
bladewarrior
Peon
Peon

Post by bladewarrior »

Yes, it would be. Sorry, I didn't see that. However one small change, instead of saying that before you can buy anything it first has to be sold change it so that more basic items (pots and such) can always be available to buy from the store and if it runs out of these items have it set to regenerate over a certain period of time. Also be able to sell anything at the marketplace but if it was armor or such you would not be able to get as much money out of that item.
skeptisk
Peon
Peon

Post by skeptisk »

plz put serious limits on possible merchant feature.

I hate games where maps are crowded with merchants everywhere.

(I apologize for being incoherent, drunk as a skunk)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Skeptisk, in the Netherlands we have a saying "drunkards and children tell the truth"... and I happen to agree with you. :P

I think you should be able to lose money while running a shop as well. I was thinking about a system where you hire an NPC to guard your stand. Every time you return to the stand you can collect the money the items sold brought up. But the NPC costs money.
It would be best to pay him before he starts selling. Let's say 100 GP per hour... or: [total_item_value / 100] per hour. The total_item_value would be the total value of the items you leave behind for selling.
So if you want to open a personal shop you walk up to the market operator. You tell him you want to rent a stand with salesman. Then you give up the items you want to be sold. Then you difine for how long the items should be available for selling, out of which a price rolls out. You pay the price and return after the time has elapsed to collect your money.
One stand can be rented by multiple players at once. The items that are displayed first should be the ones that the highest total value. 5000 arrows, not 10 redscorpion stingers... 1 dragonscale armor, not 5 sharp knives. The items with the highest total value are the ones that best represent the stand's assortment.

I picture the market as a square with a big central stand with one non-rentable NPC-salesman and several stands (8-16) along the edge that can be rented at the market operator.
Every stand could display 5-10 items it's selling putting the graphics representing the items on the counter.

This system is a lot like the Putting-your-items-on-display and Player-run-store sytems described on the wiki.
But I think this is more overcrowdment-proof as well as the pay-per-hour-per-value system seems better to me.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
xand
Novice
Novice

Post by xand »

Sounds nice and would be nice I think, but I see 2 problems though:

1.) Implementation. Don't think it's that easy with eAthena (and our server
needs much time as it seems)
2.) Number of Players:
If there's a high amount of Players, say 100+ I believe that at least 50 want
to sell something. The reason for me is that the shop NPCs are really greedy
and don't give a reasonable amount of money for most equipment.
So you'd need many stands. And things need time to be sold. Some items
might take really long to sell. All that time those stands are blocked... :evil:
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

xand wrote:1.) Implementation. Don't think it's that easy with eAthena (and our server needs much time as it seems)[/url]
Why would we implement big systems on a temporal server? I think there are a lot of things that we do after we have our own server. Like the magic system and such.
xand wrote:2.) Number of Players:
If there's a high amount of Players, say 100+ I believe that at least 50 want
to sell something. The reason for me is that the shop NPCs are really greedy
and don't give a reasonable amount of money for most equipment.
So you'd need many stands. And things need time to be sold. Some items
might take really long to sell. All that time those stands are blocked... :evil:
That's exactly what I thought about too and that's why I added a fee per hour, that way the market won't be crowded with useless stuff. And if items take really long to sell, then people probably don't want it. Then you make no profit and that's the whole idea behind a market.

I was thinking maybe we could have different kinds of stands. Like "armor", "weapons", and "drinks/eddibles"
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io