[SOLVED] Windows 7, slow loading/can't move from map to map

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Aeiouy123
Newly Registered User

[SOLVED] Windows 7, slow loading/can't move from map to map

Post by Aeiouy123 »

Hi everyone,
I just started playing this game on my work computer, and have had absolutely no problem with it. However, I just dl'd it tonight to play at home in my Win7 machine, and I'm having connection issues. I can't enter caves or houses, and I can't switch zones either. In addition, all the NPC's are missing. However, when I walk up to where I know they are, and wait about 3 seconds, they will suddenly appear. This goes for MOBs as well. It looks like I'm having a connection issue, but the game is allowed through Windows Firewall, and no other applications are running. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Last edited by Aeiouy123 on 16 Jun 2010, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Windows 7, slow loading/can't move from map to map

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Update your graphics drivers and/or disable OpenGL.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Definitely sounds like a connection quality problem, not a graphic performance problem.

What kind of internet connection do you have?
Where are you locatded?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Aeiouy123
Newly Registered User

Post by Aeiouy123 »

Tried it just to be sure. Definitely not a graphics issue. Drivers are current, and I disabled openGL with no change. It has to be a connection issue as I seem to be getting server side lag, not client side. I have 16Mbps cable internet. I also play Guild Wars, and have played City of Heroes, both without problems. So my internet is without a doubt up to par. Any other thoughts/things I can try? Thanks!

Edit: Located in Colorado, USA.
theboomboomcars
Peon
Peon

Post by theboomboomcars »

Are you still having the problem. Sometimes the server gets a high load and gets laggy. Try connecting to another server, that isn't as busy, to see if you have the same problem. Just remember to not use your same user name and password for different servers.

If the problem persists then it may be on your end, if it doesn't then the problem is probably on the server side.
Aeiouy123
Newly Registered User

Post by Aeiouy123 »

If a mod could mark this as solved, that would be great. Turns out I needed to set up a port forward. Should have thought of that earlier. For those who can't find it, TMW uses port 6901. Just set that to port forward and you're good to go. Thanks for the replies and helping me get my brain working again. :wink:
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Aeiouy123 wrote:If a mod could mark this as solved, that would be great.
Just edit your first post and add that to the subject.