House Tiles - Tulimshar

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

degen
Novice
Novice

House Tiles - Tulimshar

Post by degen »

I guess this one should be needed ... ?

Well i have been kinda creative today after comming back from school and pool practice.

Here is my latest piece tiled into a wall of a house (the bricks are there for showing some variety :D ) :

Hope you enjoy it :)
and do come with critism ^^ it will help me alot more in the future.
hmm and modanung i am a bit skeptic about this "green" color maybe cream white or beige would be better after all ... *scratches his head as he walks of to the bed*
Let em tell da' king
Da the east belongs to Morglum
Da east belongs to da orcs
Da east is green
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

throw some more color or shades into it. bricks, niches in the wall, something. the bricks hole is creative though
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

one thing: TEXTURE & SHADING....
dont build houses from plastic, try build that from stone, sand stone, wood, or some other material. try to imagin endless efect and then draw. i dont see nothin special here, but i hope that u will change it soon. anyway keep working, improving, you've got potential, only your skills needs to be polished.

btw when i was thinking about houses i realize that we should brake convention. Straight vertical walls, are easy to draw, but dont look especialy good. Maybe we should eperiment with wall on angle ~ 80 degrees 4eg. I know that is hard to draw, but it is only proposition.

take care of those tiles.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I'd like to see house made of the wall tiles you already created, the ones on the grass. I think they could look a lot better.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I did a quicky last night as well. This is what came out:
Keep in mind it's still a work-in-progress. (that is not the edge of the house)
Last edited by Modanung on 24 Sep 2005, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
degen
Novice
Novice

Post by degen »

I said it was the beginning i think its jsut as important to get feedback during work as when the work is done.
Secondly there is only one wall section done atm and tahts the bricks ...
the other green part of the wall is just 32x32 filled with the green color...
Then we have the corners which is probably what i ahev been working mostly with ... not that i see any comments regarding them (which is also what i wanted to hear the most about yay i did alright then :D )

hehe yes there is alot of "need to do"s but that is about 5 hours of my time last night :)
(adding into that searching the web for inspiration, sketching in my books corners buildings etc to build it in my head and then i edited it for about 3 hours on the comp and thats what came out)

So i only wanted to point it out i wanted feedback on the shape and edges
since my objective last night was to get some round feeling to it and a mud hut stuff pof and bla bla i will show you a pic below... (which i proabbly should have pointed out in the first post but it was late me tirerd you know how it is) its only been 3 hours so far sheesh cut some slack you know take notice of what it is your looking at :P

Elven programmer sure i will bring them up (and change the grass on teh bottom >_<)
Let em tell da' king
Da east is green
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

degen: the shape is nice and rounded corners as well, but i guess you should do something similar to the basement, I mean avoid straight lines. And of course (I guess you probably already planned it) add some antialiasing to the lower border. I'll be waiting for more progress though before commenting more.

Modanung: really sweet, I love the curtain, the door and the yellow signs. Oh I love the wall texture as well.
degen
Novice
Novice

Post by degen »

ok Elven i will try that as (starts to search the google ... pixel and antialaising where was that page tralalalala ...)

:D

well on elvens demand i ahev also "fixed" the old tile set i did for desert house walls (now remember this is mostly lower part (i have only so far tried to make the first 2 tiles and the sides on this one was made thinking of a wall part so the shading can seem abit very rough rounded)

well it jsut happens i like this one mroe (probably because it has had alot more work to it before :P )

Let em tell da' king
Da east is green
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Modanung, your proposition for house tiles looks nice, and i think it really suits Tulimsar terain.

Degen, u still have to much to learn. But as we can see every day comes with progress.

Assuming, keep doing gr8 job.
degen
Novice
Novice

Post by degen »

I, thanks for teh comment but i am at loss here ... i cant seem to understand what type fo a city this is ? if it is the Isral african envirement (which povertry led by years of drought and scarce food resources gives me normal houses should in my opinon be buuilt by what resources for building thye have, bricks work as in ammny places IE india and pakisthan they build by using first bricks made out of sand/mud and then aplying mud untop to enahnce the coolness inside ...

<--- might be thinking to much about it but ... ooh well
If its a town built by using bricks thats fine by me could try to add some brick tiles as well

And the wealthier merchant aristocrat blocks in tulimshar is it palaces (smaller and large alot like alladin in disney easiest and fastest example i can come up with) but in smaller scales ?
Let em tell da' king
Da east is green
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Btw, weren't there some examples and referrences in the beginning of the concentration thread..? :roll:
This message used to be meaningful.
degen
Novice
Novice

Post by degen »

rotonen you jsut took my view of tulimshar and put into the concentration thread before i knew about the game
:D

http://www.mizyana.com/Album/Ksa%20Hadada.jpg
(The picture is to big to have in post but do take a look at it)

Thats tulimshar if you ask me :P
or the picture i had in my head atleast
but this is also the poor neighbor hood and should not be the same with merchant houses and nobility (or atleast alot more colorful as a sign of luxury that nobles always loves to show of to other friends and perhaps enemies within)
Let em tell da' king
Da east is green
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

but this is also the poor neighbor hood and should not be the same with merchant houses and nobility (or atleast alot more colorful as a sign of luxury that nobles always loves to show of to other friends and perhaps enemies within)
We agree. I was thiniing that the palace and some specific houses should be made of bricks and other materials, and the poor/newer houses from mud, remember that Tulimshar was once a prosperous kingdow and now is poor, so old and new coexists.
Last edited by Pajarico on 24 Sep 2005, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I agree.
Also note that houses from after the drought don't need to be water-proof.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Small update on the tulimshar house tiles:
Still work in progress.