Some Ideas for Current Monsters

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Acegi
Novice
Novice

Some Ideas for Current Monsters

Post by Acegi »

Silkworm - No change
Maggot - No change
Scorpion - No change
Bat - Limit 3 monster assists based on player level to bats
Squirrel - Limit monster 3 assists depend on player level (helps Fluffies, Pinkies)
Spiky Mushroom - x% chance to deal y% damage back to 1square adjacent attacking players due to spikes
Fire Goblin - x% chance to "burn" player, "burn" decreases defence
Fluffy - Limit 3 monster assists depend on player level (helps Pinkies, Squirrels)
Pinkie - Limit 3 monster assists depend on player level (helps Fluffies, Squirrels)
Log Head - Limit 2 log head assists depend on player level
Green Slime - x% chance to split into another green slime on death
Rudolph Slime - No change
Yellow Slime - No change
Cave Snake - Camouflage, can only attack when light is on. Lights on Xs, lights off Ys repeated sequence
Red Slime - No change
Sea Slime - x% chance to split into another sea slime on death
Red Scorpion - x% chance to poison
Giant Maggot - Easier to hit when players team to attack, x% chance to decrease attackspeed (some inherent slime defence)
Evil Mushroom - Drops Dark Crystal (side note: make dark crystals do something eg Use to make 1shot critical attack item/potion), x% chance to puff poison in 3x3 surrounding instant poison
Black Scorpion - x% chance to poison
Pink Flower - No change (nice bee trigger idea already)
Santa Slime - Easier to hit (can be hard for lower level players to get green presents)
Spider - x% chance to shoot web to (y% chance) slow player attack+movespeed, (x%-y% chance) to trap/freeze player attack+movement. Since in most areas spiders are in large numbers x% has to be low enough to be fair
Mouboo - Increase movespeed
Snake - Increase XP reward (soloing in snake pit gives better XP than in graveyard, but in groups GY is better for XP) to encourage more snake pit raiders
Mountain Snake - x% chance to shed damaged skin (unusable item) to avoid being hit, y% chance to spit poison attack in player direction (player can avoid attack)
Grass Snake - Increase movespeed
Fire Skull - x% chance to do "Burn" (see above), y% chance to inflame 3x3 area (damage and same x% chance to do "burn"), arrows do less damage since set alight on contact, increase chance for player to hit
Poison Skull - x% chance to release 4x4 toxic powder instant poison, increase chance for player to hit
Jack O - No change
Wisp, Poltergeist, Spectre - Can pass through walls/trees/stones etc (maybe decrease movespeed if this is too big an advantage)
Zombie - When player dies, raise another: zombie, (lady) skeleton
Skeleton - When player dies, raise another: zombie, (lady) skeleton
Lady Skeleton - When player dies, raise another: zombie, (lady) skeleton
Fallen - When player dies, raise another: Fallen, Increase movespeed

These are just ideas obviously and as a single person my imagination is limited so all comments would be appreciated.
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
Salah
Novice
Novice

Re: Some Ideas for Current Monsters

Post by Salah »

why you have thats ideas ?
Do you want to visit my Class Web Page :D
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

To make the game more interesting? I'm really surprised by watching some new players play by just standing and attacking (eg black scorpion) when they can make use of the warrior's +1 range. I noticed when I first started that you can attack a monster then move one step back right afterwards to avoid being hit by that monster's attack. This is because at the start there is no bow and everyone's vit is too low to tank. At the time, I also remember working together with several people to take down a giant maggot. Using tactics rather than blind grinding.

The point I'm making is that there is more to the game than just mindlessly standing and pressing attack. For example the new idea for the skull's AOE attack means to avoid being poisoned they can step back when the skull starts to use that attack and move back in range when it has finished (presuming there is some animation warning of it starting to use it's proposed AOE attack). Level dependent swarming means that as players get stronger the way they attack has to be re-considered rather than playing in the same way. Camouflage, monster splitting etc all try to make the game play more active. Perhaps even suggest teamwork (one attack as bait, everyone else ganks).

If you prefer a non-game where you can just stand and leave your character to be attacked and effectively just gain exp by doing nothing I suggest going out and washing your car and watching it dry. It might be more productive and people may come by and talk to you IRL which is better than staring at a screen to check if a GM is coming to suddenly stop botting and avoid punishment.
Ghost9998.
Peon
Peon

Post by Ghost9998. »

Silkworm: should split into other silkworms whn u kill it
Der Loisl
Novice
Novice

Post by Der Loisl »

Ghost9998. wrote:Silkworm: should split into other silk worms whn u kill it
That's quite a bad idea. TMW would be overflouded with silk worms till the next server restart.
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

Some great ideas up there
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

Der Loisl wrote:
That's quite a bad idea. TMW would be overflouded with silk worms till the next server restart.
I'm pretty sure a limit could be set for how many splits are allowed per map to avoid overloading the server. Besides the server should be able to handle lots of monsters look at snake pit.
Der Loisl
Novice
Novice

Post by Der Loisl »

Acegi wrote:
Der Loisl wrote:
I'm pretty sure a limit could be set for how many splits are allowed per map to avoid overloading the server. Besides the server should be able to handle lots of monsters look at snake pit.
I'm sure there is a way, but I don't see the reason to do this. Another point would be the problem with the drops, it's very strange if the silk worm gets split and still drop silk cocoons.

Most of your proposals are interesting, keep it up!
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

Thanks! I'm hoping someone in charge of content will look down and go "OK! That's a good idea I'll organise something and see if someone can implement it!"

I basically just grabbed the list of monsters from wiki and added some ideas hoping at least 1 or 2 (or more) will be worth putting into the game. I mean these are just ideas atm and as I've said before the more comments and new ideas the better!
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Cap all monster levels to lvl50.
This message used to be meaningful.
MrDudle
Peon
Peon

Post by MrDudle »

Ghost9998. wrote:Silkworm: should split into other silkworms whn u kill it
I think a better idea working off of that one is for Giant Maggots to become maggots when you kill them.
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

Yeah I like that idea! ^^

Is there someone specifically we should be talking to - to discuss real possibilities for putting these ideas into the game?