eA developer? TMW contributor?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: eA developer? TMW contributor?

Post by Bertram »

Hi Platyna,
Bertram:
No offence, but being so long here and just yet noticing we have egos of size of average gas giant planet?
Jaxad's rank doesn't bother me even a little, nor I am going resign from mine.
Of course no offence, don't worry. :wink:
we have egos of size of average gas giant planet?
What? So... You mean... you, too? :lol:
More seriously, it would sometimes help newcomers not to see too quickly giant planets stepping on them, but more admins refraining their misbehaviour in a more sophisticated way. It's a details for veterans, it's a bad feeling for new ones, and it sometimes contributes to the electric ambiance here, or so I believe.
2 questions, a good, a bad one:
1. Could you or someone, at least, rename 'eA developers' into 'Developers'?
2. Doesn't it bother your gas giant planet ego as a Queen to be less powerful than demigod? 8)
It can't continue, otherwise both TMW and CR1 will perish.
No it can't, devs and artist have to learn how to cooperate. For seeing progresses made by Jaxad, Crush, IvanMorve, AxlTrozz, Saturn, among others, I can say we're slowly correcting the project's direction.

Best regards.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

1. Could you or someone, at least, rename 'eA developers' into 'Developers'?
When I was reorganizing groups I've set four of them:
- Administrators,
- Moderators - moderating all forums,
- Game Masters - moderating Courthouse forum,
- Developers - moderating development sections.

You need to ask a person who created those other ranks, attacking them with Ockham's razor would be nice, since I fail to see the reason why we should have management groups than those listed above.
2. Doesn't it bother your gas giant planet ego as a Queen to be less powerful than demigod?
I am the queen of gods, demigods etc. Jesus loves me. Anyway I don't want here any cry baby persons, who get emo about forum titles, in fact, I don't want here any cry babies, since they always ruin the communities and turn them into pokemon paradise with intellectual level of an average coffee mug. Our current community seems to have sense of humor and self confidence. TMW never was politically correct, on IRC/forum there are blasphemies and evil topics, we have several flamboyant personalities, Spock and Kirk, in fact that's all the charm of TMW.

Regards.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

:lol: :lol:
I love the coffee mug allusion.

Alright, you win: I'm done with trying to sort unsortable things.

Does anybody know who made the rank, I've just found back my own still-cutting Ockham's razor :twisted:

Best regards.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I created the new groups now and added some preliminary members.

Before I enable them everyone please review them.

Note that it is intentional that everyone is only in one group (the one with the highest permission level which applies to the person).

I added no members to the manasource developers group yet because it seems to me like everyone who is part of Manasource and has a forum account I know of also has some higher forum rank. When you know/are someone where this isn't the case please say so.

Also everyone who currently has forum moderator rank also has forum administrator rank, so this position seems to be superfluous. But feel free to make suggestions for people who should be put into this group.

I am also sure that there are a lot more people who deserve to belong to the contributor group. I just added the people from the existing eA contributor and CR project team groups. When someone comes to mind who also belongs there please say so (In my opinion the qualification for this group should be "created something which is currently online or pending release").

Those with access to the Administration Control Panel please also review the group settings of those groups with the prefix [new] in front of their name.

Manasource Developers
-

TMW Contributor
AxlTrozz
bcs86
Black Don
feline monstrosity
i
IvanMorve
John P
krazyjakee
meway
saturn
Cotillion
zipon

TMW Developer
Freeyorp101
Bertram
Doener
Exceptionfault
fate
Fother J
Kage
MadCamel
meway
MrDudle
peavey
poison_ivy
Rotonen
trapdoor
Turmfalke

Game Master
Alons
CapitanAwesome
Katze
Narus
Tiana
Vink

Forum Moderators
-
(everyone who currently has moderator status also has administrator status)

Forum Administrators
ElvenProgrammer
Rotonen
Bjørn
Crush
Platyna
jaxad0127
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Ok for me.

Thanks.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Should iru and axl be moved back into the TMW Developers group?

I notice in your list that meway is listed in both the developers and contributers group. Which one is the relevant one in your proposal?

I also suppose this is the reason that "[new] Game Master" (Shouldn't the group name be plural with the title singular, like it is now?) appeared in the moderators list for eA server development and TMW development on the index page? Why are game masters being added as moderators to development sections? Shouldn't this be disabled until the changes are ready?

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Dual membership is not an issue and people can set their default group (to be shown under their name when they post) to their liking.
This message used to be meaningful.
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

What are COPPA users? http://forums.themanaworld.org/memberli ... roup&g=960
Wikipedia tells me that coppa is a italian delicacy??
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

http://www.learnwebdesignonline.com/set ... lation.htm

Some USA specific crap we're not implementing, but phpBB seems to ship per default.
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I finally got around to activating the new groups and ranks. Please tell me when you see any problems. When there aren't I will proceed with removing the old groups.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

Maybe not a bug, but some colors disappeared, like your red, and Axltrozz's orange.

Best regards.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I made the names of important people colored again, although not necessary the same colors as before. When this topic is important to anyone please suggest hexadecimal color values for each of the groups above.
  • NOT a game master

Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

I don't think CaptianAwesome is any longer with this project.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Please add me and remoitnane to "TMW Developer" and remove MrDudle, as he is no longer with the project. I also don't know peavey's status with the project.

Also, could you change the hidden "Council" forum to "tA Development (Hidden)" or something like that, to reflect how it is currently being used.
Current character is "Abolish".
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Wombat wrote:Please add me and remoitnane to "TMW Developer" and remove MrDudle, as he is no longer with the project. I also don't know peavey's status with the project.

Also, could you change the hidden "Council" forum to "tA Development (Hidden)" or something like that, to reflect how it is currently being used.
Peavey isn't involved in TMW anymore.