Crush, what part of not a discussion thread dont you get!

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Crush, what part of not a discussion thread dont you get!

Post by DarkWater »

Is it the "not" part, the "a" part, the "discussion" part, or the "thread" part?

For the love of god, you people give crush the admin rights, enforce the rules unevenly, and then have crush directly contradict the gm's command.

Way to enforce common rules. Of course the rules do not apply to crush. Crush can do what ever the hell crush wants. Can we all say corruption and abuse. Why crush?

You are always mister "enforce the rules" but you unlock a thread, continue a discussion in it, then re-lock the thread AFTER THE GM TELLS EVERYONE THAT THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD AND LOCKS THE THREAD.

Are you that stupid? Another reason this server is lost. You have an idiot running around screaming not part of the server, breaking the rules, with full admin rights, and doing what ever he wants.

How about this, if crush is not part of the admin or development team, he gets all of his admin and development powers revoked until he wants to come back. So when a gm, that is currently helping the server, locks a thread and says no discussions, it could look like the rules are to be enforced.

But to allow him to use these powers just to tell people he is not part of admin anymore is mind numbingly stupid. Above and beyond normal stupidity found around here.

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 20&t=10973
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Crush, what part of not a discussion thread dont you get

Post by Crush »

I posted the comment before Alons closed the thread.

There is nothing more I have to say because the rest of your accusations are ridiculous.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Crush wrote:I posted the comment before Alons closed the thread.

There is nothing more I have to say because the rest of your accusations are ridiculous.
So you did not continue to discussion in a court house thread 2 hours after the gm told everyone not to discuss anything in this forum?

As for the rest, you repeatably said you do not have anything to do with the admin of this server, but you still have full admin powers?

Which is it?
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

I normally wouldn't participate in a thread like this, but I fail to see people's issue with Crush. He doesn't administrate the server, he administrates the forum. The post he made in that topic is hardly something to write such a long and angry post about, so what is your real issue with Crush?
~Feline Monstrosity
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

If people prefer to deal with my moderation, I'm fine with that.

I am only willing to do 2 moderative/administrative things on the forums: I delete posts and I delete accounts.

It might be difficult, but try to bring up your points calmly and rationally and relevant people will listen more likely. You might even get your points across.

The only point I've gotten here is "Crush is a hypocrite when it comes to forum moderation" with no detailed and well structured reason given as the basis of the argument. One comment in a GM forum thread (which I have not read) does not really sound like a valid trigger event for bringing out the torches and pitchforks.
This message used to be meaningful.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Forgive him, he is just a noob :(
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

feline monstrosity wrote: so what is your real issue with Crush?
It is about rules and expected values.

Crush has said repetitively that he is not in charge of anything. Period. His personal life is too busy to even consider anything. Period. Which is fine, but when it comes down to it, he is willing to use the same powers that he said he does not have to undermine a gm authority and abuse that power.

How can he have it both ways? How can he repeatedly say he can not help any players/developers, because he has zero time or power to do so, but then spend the time and use the power to undermined a gm, trying to enforce order, and use the power to abuse the system?

It is kind of like having a passenger in a car that randomly reachs over and grabs the wheel to "correct" you. But the other 99% of the time screams you are in control I want nothing to do with steering this car.

Here is my second problem.
crush wrote:For some reason he sent it to me and the whole "newly registered users" group.
His only reason for unlocking, typing and relocking, was to continue the discussion. In a courthouse thread, after 2 almost 3 hours after a gm locked the thread and told everyone no discussions.

What does that tell the community. Well if you are trying to explain why you are not part of the community, it is ok to break the rules? Does it say the rules do not apply only to a limited few? Does it say that there is this good old boys club which can and will do anything they want?

Yes to all. The community are like children. If they see dad run off and break the rules right after mom said no one is allowed to break the rules. They get this idea that they can too.

Crush could have used his powers to do many different things.

He could have move the topic. He could have started a new topic. He could have just ignored it. But no, he had to use his powers, which he says he gave up, to directly contradict a gm.

If you want to be taken seriously, the first thing you should try not to do is NOT be a joke.

If this community and game wants to be taken seriously, the rules apply to everyone evenly. When a gm in the courthouse says enough, you stop. When a gm in the game says enough, you stop. When a developer in the content section say no, you stop. When Jax says you are hurting the server, you stop.

That is the main point of this argument. Enough is enough. When someone tells you no discussions, take it else where, this subject is locked. It is over. Take it else where, stop talking, move on.

One of my favorite quotes.
Albert Einstein wrote:You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
Crush only cares about winning, not about the rules we all live with. He is willing to break the rules to win. If everyone did what he did, sigh we would be right where we are.

This may be a sinking boat, but I will spend my last breath trying to fix it.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Crush has said repetitively that he is not in charge of anything. Period. His personal life is too busy to even consider anything. Period. Which is fine, but when it comes down to it, he is willing to use the same powers that he said he does not have to undermine a gm authority and abuse that power.
It was my understanding that Crush was part of the forum administration team. He in fact does contribute in many ways.
How can he have it both ways? How can he repeatedly say he can not help any players/developers, because he has zero time or power to do so, but then spend the time and use the power to undermined a gm, trying to enforce order, and use the power to abuse the system?
You haven't given any particularly good examples of Crush using power to "abuse the system". In fact, exactly what is "abusing the system"?
His only reason for unlocking, typing and relocking, was to continue the discussion. In a courthouse thread, after 2 almost 3 hours after a gm locked the thread and told everyone no discussions.

What does that tell the community. Well if you are trying to explain why you are not part of the community, it is ok to break the rules? Does it say the rules do not apply only to a limited few? Does it say that there is this good old boys club which can and will do anything they want?
He was clarifying a point. For starters that's not, strictly speaking, discussion. It certainly isn't an act of great evil for which you must make a huge forum post self-righteously attacking him as though he has destroyed everything that is good for his own gain and satisfaction.

Crush doesn't help players because that is the job of a GM. He does however aid in the development of the game.
Crush only cares about winning, not about the rules we all live with. He is willing to break the rules to win. If everyone did what he did, sigh we would be right where we are.

This may be a sinking boat, but I will spend my last breath trying to fix it.
Well aren't you a valiant knight, fighting evil for the greater good till the last stand. ¬¬ Believe it or not Crush isn't an evil dictator out to opress "the common man" (you must be thinking of Platyna :twisted: ). Posting in a locked topic is an incredibly minor crime. If something like that bothers you it's time to turn off the computer and go outside for a while.

Hang on a sec... I think I need to go for a long walk. :lol:
Last edited by feline monstrosity on 28 Jun 2010, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
~Feline Monstrosity
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

feline monstrosity wrote: It was my understanding that Crush was part of the forum administration team. He in fact does contribute in many ways.

You haven't given any particularly good examples of Crush using power to "abuse the system". In fact, exactly what is "abusing the system"?

He was clarifying a point.

In order.

1.) He has repetitively said that he has a new job, but so do I. You are right weak argument.
2.) The whole subject is about that point.
3.) Once again, continuing the discussion, after a gm said no discussion.

Amun is 100% correct, we are not asking for his head. Only that the rules are rewritten to allow it, or he follow his own rules.

And you are right, I am not a knight, but I care. If you do not want people around here that care then you will get your wish.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

DarkWater wrote:And you are right, I am not a knight, but I care. If you do not want people around here that care then you will get your wish.
The point I was trying to make is that there are more worthwhile things to care about. What, then, you might ask, am I doing posting in this thread? A very good question indeed. And with that thought I bid you good day.
~Feline Monstrosity
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

feline monstrosity wrote:The point I was trying to make is that there are more worthwhile things to care about.
We should all not care about a check and balance system and making sure the rules apply to everyone evenly. That should always be on the bottom of the list, because equality, respect, and ethics are just not worth wasting the time on.

Got you.

feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

This thread isn't about having an ethical community. This thread is a personal attack on a single member of the community. Is that ethical? Is that an example of how a healthy community should behave?

If there's a problem with the whole community then make a thread about it (and I know many have in the past). If there's a problem with a single person sort it out by PM or just forget about them. It is after all just one person.
~Feline Monstrosity
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

:shock: what's going on here?

well, admin members have no chance to be partial. but i have seen examples of in times (probably i shouldnt disclose).

But threads of this kind is always unhealthy for a community of this kind.
I hope everyone will take it easy & positively.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Lord of the Flies wrote:This thread isn't an attack. This thread is shinning light on an issue some of us would like to see remedied. All we are asking is for Crush to follow the policies he wrote. If anyone is being attacked it is us the community by him failing to do so.
Completely agree. We are only asking for him to behave has he asks us to behave.

What is soo hard about that. He came out and said, many, many, many times that the gm authority is the last word on anything in the game and in the courthouse.

All we are asking is if he would follow his own rules.

This is not attacking crush, only trying to get a set of ground rule in which we can start to build a proper community from. Building anything on shifting sand (the rules) will be impossible.

So if he wants to reserve the right to edit and comment when ever he feels like it, fine, just have it in the rules. Hell if anyone would like to edit and comment when ever they feel like it, fine, just make it into the rules.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

So if it was stated in the rules that mods and admins are exempt from the rules then you wouldn't mind? *Sigh* Beauracracy. :roll:
~Feline Monstrosity