[REQ]New areas

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Der Loisl
Novice
Novice

[REQ]New areas

Post by Der Loisl »

We had such an idea regarding a japanese-like monster in another topic. I though about it and got two ideas regarding new areas. I don't want to mess up the current development, but I want to get some skills in pixel art so I guess it's quite a good way, because I can get a feedback from professional pixel artists.

Back to the two possibilities:

1.)An egypt-like area located somewhere near the desert. A couple of pyramids with labyrinths in them. Other buldings like temples and regular residences as well. There would be tons of possibilities for bulding add-ons like mummies or golden jewelry or ...

2.)A japan-like area. Especially the ordinary buildings look just great in my opinion. Here's a nice photo which shows a bulding I have in mind:

There would be also a lot of ways for add-ons. In addition, we already got some graphics fitting this japan theme, for example the shuriken. Also note Tengus awesome avatar.

I don't know if they fit into the backstory or if there's a way for the backstory writers to get it somehow into the story. If there is no way to use these proposals, it would be nice if you could post any open graphic tasks, which I can use to get some skills and of cours help this project.
Feel free to post your opinion, I'm here to learn and need you to assess me.

Thanks in advance,
Der Loisl
Last edited by Der Loisl on 29 Jun 2010, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [REQ]Completely new area?

Post by John P »

A desert temple is in the planning. I think this would be a cool area for eA focus as well, since people miss the beach.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

John P wrote:A desert temple is in the planning.
More like "given up half-finished months ago". When someone wants to continue the work, the original thread can be found here:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2377
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Der Loisl
Novice
Novice

Post by Der Loisl »

While reading the topic, I found this graphic by Modanung, which is a great concept:

Crush wrote:Instead of the rectangular hole in the middle of the platform i would suggest an entrance building with a staircase in it that leads to the lower levels of the temple.
Of course with such an building to get into the complex.