Crush, what part of not a discussion thread dont you get!

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Crush, what part of not a discussion thread dont you get

Post by DarkWater »

feline monstrosity wrote:So if it was stated in the rules that mods and admins are exempt from the rules then you wouldn't mind? *Sigh* Beauracracy. :roll:
As long as they where the rules that was continuously followed.

You see the problem is not the wording but the acting.

Crush wrote the rules. He knows the rules because he wrote them. He told everyone here that these are the rules and then runs around ignoring the rules that he wrote.

Let me give you a real world example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMMP2aG6kik

Is bad.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Every time I come by to lurk since my computer became a piece of Chocolate Cupcake, I've enjoyed reading Amun's opinions. Are you still doing your Internet magazine?

I'm also happy that there seems to be less upheaval and more of a desire to GSD. I haven't been around enough to have an opinion on this topic. Hope Crush will have more time in the future to get more involved again. His work has always been impressive.
Current character is "Abolish".
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Crush lurks behind the scenes and does many beneficial things for TMW. In my opinion, he's also one of the more sane and level-headed people involved in the project. Moderating this forum is not an easy task sometimes, and nitpicking does not help.

In fact, this sort of nitpicking slows down everything. Developers don't want to make changes because some users flip out at the slightest provocation. Admins don't want to make new policy decisions when they know people will act like children about it. GMs don't want to enforce the rules for fear of excessive backlash.

Personally I think that these excessively vocal/troublesome users should be ignored, as they are quite obviously in the minority. If they start fake "grass roots" movements, perhaps they should even be slapped around a bit with a large trout. Getting things done is more important than pleasing the minority of users, even if they are quite loud and obnoxious at times.

This thread is yet another example of a drama-laden trollfest by people unhappy with anyone holding power over what they do in TMW, and frankly it's quite silly. If you want more control of how things work here, become a contributor and work constructively to change the things you do not like. It's really that simple. There are very few games where users are that empowered.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

MadCamel for senate!
MrDudle
Peon
Peon

Post by MrDudle »

I really have to say that this thread makes me think poorly of the poster. Not because of what he is saying, he by all rights should say what he thinks.

But publicly attacking another member of this forum because they are angry is not acceptable under any circumstances.

If you had so many problems with Crush you should have taken it up with Crush directly in a private message or if you do not think he will listen to your concerns you should have taken it to a higher authority.
MrDudle
Peon
Peon

Post by MrDudle »

Expressing your concerns is. Attacking someone in public isn't.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

MrDudle wrote:Expressing your concerns is. Attacking someone in public isn't.
Because asking him in private works soo well. I mean he has been the repository for open mindedness and understanding. Were you born yesterday?

As we see, nothing is going to change, no matter if it is public or private. He will continue to abuse the system. I just do not want to be in that spot where I have to say told you so, and you scream back, you should have said something!

I said something.

End of story.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
MrDudle
Peon
Peon

Post by MrDudle »

I in fact wasn't born yesterday. I'm not disputing what you have said, merely how you have said it.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Discussing in private actually works rather well. Obviously it won't work every time and I wouldn't dispute this if that was the point. Most of the secondary server abuse problems were solved through chat rather than on the forums, as an example. Another example is toning down the difficulties within the GHB about a year ago.

My approach has tended towards playing down problems to find a practical solution in private after my initial "in your face" attempts largely failed. If you create a situation of defensiveness and resentment, you probably won't see much change occur.
Current character is "Abolish".
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Wombat wrote:Discussing in private actually works rather well. Obviously it won't work every time and I wouldn't dispute this if that was the point.
So far I haven't received any private message from DarkWater regarding her personal issues with me. Not that I really care about what she thinks of me, though. I have more important problems right now, like getting the Manaserv database layer to save the specials attacks correctly.

Edit: Ooooh, post 6000!
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

MadCamel wrote:Crush lurks behind the scenes and does many beneficial things for TMW. In my opinion, he's also one of the more sane and level-headed people involved in the project. Moderating this forum is not an easy task sometimes, and nitpicking does not help.

In fact, this sort of nitpicking slows down everything. Developers don't want to make changes because some users flip out at the slightest provocation. Admins don't want to make new policy decisions when they know people will act like children about it. GMs don't want to enforce the rules for fear of excessive backlash.

Personally I think that these excessively vocal/troublesome users should be ignored, as they are quite obviously in the minority. If they start fake "grass roots" movements, perhaps they should even be slapped around a bit with a large trout. Getting things done is more important than pleasing the minority of users, even if they are quite loud and obnoxious at times.

This thread is yet another example of a drama-laden trollfest by people unhappy with anyone holding power over what they do in TMW, and frankly it's quite silly. If you want more control of how things work here, become a contributor and work constructively to change the things you do not like. It's really that simple. There are very few games where users are that empowered.
check if someone talking for personal gain or for the sake of community. if constructive for the sake of community then shoudnt be ignored. And it's always better to complain politely.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Complaints about GHP members involved into community management are to be directed to me. Such complaint has to include VALID and CLEAR abuse evidence.

If you are not in possession of such evidence remain silent. By starting hell on forums you can only harm yourself, as I am, since months, suffering from sleep deprivation and horrible university buffet food, that makes me even more evil with my hand constantly hovering over ban button.

BTW: Crush, 6k posts...you are a spammer.

Regards.