Player-set

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Player-set

Post by Rotonen »

Equipment artists would have a field day with a less stick-like of a body shape. As said, especially leg space would make a lot of them happy.
This message used to be meaningful.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Player-set 1.5

Post by Wombat »

Player-set 1.0 (done, male and female): Stand, Walk, Sit, Dead, Dagger attack, Bow attack

According to Rotonen's last list of priorities, removing all questionable ones, we have:

Player-set 1.5: One hand swing attack with shield potential, Two hand swing attack, Attack animation for weapons which have a long stick in them, Prepare magic, Cast magic

This fits all priorities, just needs shading consistent with player-set 1.0, clean-up and a female version.

I am now taking lead of player-set 1.5
Current character is "Abolish".
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi Wombat,
This fits all priorities, just needs shading consistent with player-set 1.0, clean-up and a female version.
I am now taking lead of player-set 1.5
:arrow: All players, artists, and developers would then owe you one.

Best regards.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi again,

The playerset doesn't follow the perspective rules, and the player seems to be laying on the floor.
Do you think a REQ should be opened to correct the frames, little by little.
(It would be a great start if someone at least corrected the idle frame, so that other artists could get an idea about what to do for the rest.)

It seems the special attack was also wanted, IMHO:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 282#p61282

Could you have a possible look?

Thanks and best regards.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Bertram wrote:Hi again,

The playerset doesn't follow the perspective rules, and the player seems to be laying on the floor.
Do you think a REQ should be opened to correct the frames, little by little.
(It would be a great start if someone at least corrected the idle frame, so that other artists could get an idea about what to do for the rest.)

It seems the special attack was also wanted, IMHO:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 282#p61282

Could you have a possible look?

Thanks and best regards.
Not interested. This is only an expansion on what exists. If someone wants to do a player-set 2.0 (or whatever) that does that, it is a different project than mine. This player-set will use everything from player-set 1.0 (the one used currently) and add on it.
Current character is "Abolish".
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Bertram wrote:The playerset doesn't follow the perspective rules
A few things on this subject.
1.) We can either do the perspective rules, break all current equipment, complete destroy the need to have new pants and shoes, and make the job of doing the work a 100% harder. The biggest issue with keep prospective is that the characters would be all head. There would be very little else showing.
Or
2.) Just not worry about. I did some asking around, and the general opinion is; What prospective problem? I really just want a new weapons! A lot of people really do not care about it.

But you can do us all a favor, if you could get a mmo game that has only 45% angle and matching characters. It would be nice to see what we should copy.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

DarkWater wrote:1.) We can either do the perspective rules, break all current equipment, complete destroy the need to have new pants and shoes, and make the job of doing the work a 100% harder. The biggest issue with keep prospective is that the characters would be all head. There would be very little else showing.
For manaserv, that isn't an issue, as frames will be different anyways.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

jaxad0127 wrote:
DarkWater wrote:1.) We can either do the perspective rules, break all current equipment, complete destroy the need to have new pants and shoes, and make the job of doing the work a 100% harder. The biggest issue with keep prospective is that the characters would be all head. There would be very little else showing.
For manaserv, that isn't an issue, as frames will be different anyways.
Jax, you are wrong. The server software has nothing to do with the pixel art. Yes, breaking equipment is a non-issue, but please be accurate about what you actually state to avoid further flamewars between artists and non-artists. We've had enough drama lately.

I have stated multiple times over that I am willing to compromise perspective accuracy over equipmentset detail.

The special offer of CR1 still stands: the first usable playerset will get used.
This message used to be meaningful.