Bugs

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Bugs

Post by Crush »

It looks like the server placed you on a new map (and thus is sending you positions of nearby players and NPCs) but the client didn't notice the map change or loaded the wrong map.

To pinpoint and fix this bug we need more information:

What exactly were you doing when this happened?

Can you somehow reproduce this problem at will?

(moved to technical development)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

Lol, I noticed another bug. My scythe is always above wall. :lol:
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_2.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_2.png (99 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
Salah
Novice
Novice

Post by Salah »

be careful "chiribo" its a ******* i know it because its my student so all can know whats im saying :D
Do you want to visit my Class Web Page :D
Der Loisl
Novice
Novice

Post by Der Loisl »

Why do you insult players which has a clean slate on The Mana World?
By the way, you didn't do anything wrong here, did you? :wink:

Back to the topic:
I also had such a problem in the past, similar to MrWho's story, except the insulting part. :P
My client crashed and after the login I appeard at a random place in the ocean, a client restart solved it.
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

Dark_Mag wrote:Lol, I noticed another bug. My scythe is always above wall. :lol:
I noticed also that this bug is going by all the wall. Please, fix it. :!:
swimmy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by swimmy »

It must be a layer bug. But if we fix it, it takes quite some time...
And next, the scythe will appear like this fairy.
TMW_Screenshot_133.png
TMW_Screenshot_133.png (19.04 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
who was...
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

swimmy wrote:It must be a layer bug. But if we fix it, it takes quite some time...
And next, the scythe will appear like this fairy.
TMW_Screenshot_133.png
Hm... I was thinking about this bug and decided to tell you what I understood.
If you'll fix this bug will appear this problems:
  • Long objects will be invisible, when they'll be in wall (bad)
  • Player will be looked as invisible monster, because of some equipments will be in the wall too (bad)
  • This bug will disappear (good)
Please, think about my points about editing this bug. No chance to solve problem, expect making long objects unavailable to reach walls and other objects.
kook
Novice
Novice

Post by kook »

Lord of the Flies wrote: If you press like down and over for example and hold your mouse over your character forcing it to do funky movements in a small area it will be like you get transported to some random part of the map. Usually when this happens I will be stuck and unable to move. If I just sit back and wait a min or two my charc will start walking on its own. I will walk straight thru buildings or what is ever in its way. If you remember the screen shot I posted several months ago of my character walking across the ocean that is how it was done.

well i pressed down and left and pressed mouse over my char and it did funky movements but no teleport. 29.1
LuCo
Peon
Peon

Post by LuCo »

Tried to enter the house on the new location between the old woodlands and the desert.
While I stood in front of the door, pressed up, the whole thing crashed down and since that, every time I try to start the Mana World, I can only go 'til the character menu. After pressing "Play", it always breaks down.

Does anybody already know this problem and could give me an advice, how I can save my character and find a way out of that crappy situation?
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

LuCo wrote:Tried to enter the house on the new location between the old woodlands and the desert.
While I stood in front of the door, pressed up, the whole thing crashed down and since that, every time I try to start the Mana World, I can only go 'til the character menu. After pressing "Play", it always breaks down.

Does anybody already know this problem and could give me an advice, how I can save my character and find a way out of that crappy situation?
What client version you using?
You can see version in setup dialog.
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

latest mana client (v0.1.0.20100711) not loading collision tiles on the map shown on the picture. But earlier clients working.
someone probably needs to check what changes in codes done from the earlier client.
Attachments
Copy of Mana_Screenshot_1.jpg
Copy of Mana_Screenshot_1.jpg (198.17 KiB) Viewed 2885 times
Last edited by iceslice on 13 Jul 2010, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

iceslice wrote:latest mana client not loading collision tiles on the map shown on the picture. But earlier clients working.
someone probably needs to check what changes in codes done from the earlier client.
This is well known bug.
LuCo
Peon
Peon

Post by LuCo »

4144 wrote:
LuCo wrote:Tried to enter the house on the new location between the old woodlands and the desert.

What client version you using?
You can see version in setup dialog.
I have quiet no idea. If it helps, I downloaded the game today, so I guess I'm using the newest one, don't I?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

For the first error, if you're under windows or wine, there should be a mana.rpt file where you installed the client.
LuCo
Peon
Peon

Post by LuCo »

Could it be a specific Mac OS problem? o.O Don't guess so, because the whole rest was working very well.