Forum Name Change?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Forum Name Change?

Post by Armadeus »

I was wondering if I could get a forum name change to "Hidden" or "6 Feet Under" if that's taken. I don't like the name "Hades1" so much and was just wondering.

I know; I probably should have messaged a forum admin, but I felt the need to ask here.

~Damis
Last edited by Armadeus on 21 Jul 2010, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
Arphetic
Novice
Novice

Re: Forum Name Change?

Post by Arphetic »

You felt the need to get attention?
bcs86 wrote:This game is a long way from looking like something people could take seriously.
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

I'm sorry you feel that way.

My intentions weren't for attention, I posted this because this is where most admins view and I didn't feel like messaging each and every admin. Is that a problem?

If so, bank on it buddy.

:roll:
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Admins can. PM Platyna and plead your case.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

No forum name changes are possible. Unless you were a victim of sql dump glitch and your name became unreadable, however there is only one change possible and you already used it.

Regards.
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

Platyna wrote:No forum name changes are possible. Unless you were a victim of sql dump glitch and your name became unreadable, however there is only one change possible and you already used it.

Regards.
Actually, I didn't. Don't you remember? Damis was glitch, the "i" and the "d" were custom letters and I tried to log in to it but it was a bunch of letters custom, with like... a0934kadslsald <-- something crazy from glitching my custom name. So technically I was a 'victim' of an sql dump glitch. My name was unreadable.
natsuki3
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki3 »

you can create a new account with the you want :wink:

(if you want) :)
Its blue like the sea.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Hades1 wrote:
Platyna wrote:No forum name changes are possible. Unless you were a victim of sql dump glitch and your name became unreadable, however there is only one change possible and you already used it.

Regards.
Actually, I didn't. Don't you remember? Damis was glitch, the "i" and the "d" were custom letters and I tried to log in to it but it was a bunch of letters custom, with like... a0934kadslsald <-- something crazy from glitching my custom name. So technically I was a 'victim' of an sql dump glitch. My name was unreadable.
You already received a rename.
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

jaxad0127 wrote:
Hades1 wrote:

Regards.
You already received a rename.
My name had to be changed though because I couldn't log in to it, so that wasn't my free one? ):
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Why not just create a new account that links to your account profile as well as land of chaos? It would keep you linked to your user history as well as give that name change you want. I don't know the reason you are concerned about keeping your post history connected with who you are, but this would answer that.
Current character is "Abolish".
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

Wombat wrote:Why not just create a new account that links to your account profile as well as land of chaos? It would keep you linked to your user history as well as give that name change you want. I don't know the reason you are concerned about keeping your post history connected with who you are, but this would answer that.
Mind explaining how I link a profile to this profile? And it's not about the post count, or the join date, it's just that I have no need to make a new account when they could just give a simple name change... I don't understand the fuss. :?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Two ways to link your profile to your current one. One way is to add it through your new profile's signature. The other way is to add it as your webpage for your new profile.

I couldn't tell you their fuss other than they have better things to do, but I also can't understand your fuss. If it isn't a big deal, I recommend you follow my suggestions or stick with the name you got.
Current character is "Abolish".
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

Wombat wrote:Two ways to link your profile to your current one. One way is to add it through your new profile's signature. The other way is to add it as your webpage for your new profile.

I couldn't tell you their fuss other than they have better things to do, but I also can't understand your fuss. If it isn't a big deal, I recommend you follow my suggestions or stick with the name you got.
I'm not making a fuss, but they could easily just spend about thirty seconds to go to my profile, administrate user, and change the name, then save. It's a matter of thirty damn seconds instead of me making an alternate account on the forums I don't need to make.