Two map ideas for tmw

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Davius
Peon
Peon

Two map ideas for tmw

Post by Davius »

I just had two Ideas for new maps that could go into the game. My first idea was for a labyrinth map with a minotaur character to fight at the end. My second was for a enterprise map that could be accessed somehow through Spock or Kirk. I just wanted to know what everyone though. I would be prepared to make the map, and even design the Minotaur if necessary. questions:

Do you like either of my idea? If so, which one would you rather see put into the game.
Do YOU have any ideas? I'm using tiled and I thought it would be cool to get a few new places in the game.
Peon
Peon

Re: Two map ideas for tmw

Post by 1234 »

a minatour??? what is this? greek mythology with percy jackson???
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Davius wrote:I just had two Ideas for new maps that could go into the game. My first idea was for a labyrinth map with a minotaur character to fight at the end.
Would be great. As long as you have the skills to create the sprites and maybe a new tileset for the labyrinth.
My second was for a enterprise map that could be accessed somehow through Spock or Kirk.
No, thanks.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Davius
Peon
Peon

Post by Davius »

Yeah, I thought the enterprise Idea would be a little to much, I think I personally like the labyrinth idea better. And yes, the Minotaur is Greek mythology. You can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minotaur
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Everyone around has ideas. The one with the tilesets to realize the ideas gets the ideas into the game. Either find people to do the required graphics for you for your project or DIY.
This message used to be meaningful.
Davius
Peon
Peon

Post by Davius »

I could make my own tilesets if I had to....I have photoshop and I have made basic tilesets before.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Davius, if you help with the crypt tilesets, I'm sure they could serve as practice towards making labyrinth tilesets. They are a current priority and would see play soon, so your efforts would be great here.
Current character is "Abolish".
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Davius wrote:I could make my own tilesets if I had to....I have photoshop and I have made basic tilesets before.
That's great. We can always use fresh graphics.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.