adding new weapons to TMW.

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Peon
Peon

adding new weapons to TMW.

Post by 1234 »

as i said earlier in another forum topic, there need to be more weapons. whats with all the knifes? why no axe or crossbow or normal sword? :? if you looked up "midevial weapons" on google you would find another 15 new weapons for the game. its just an idea, im not the dev. hope an update comes out with some awesome new weapons. keep up the good work you guys! ;)
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: adding new weapons to TMW.

Post by i »

1234 wrote:as i said earlier in another forum topic
I don't remember such thing. You must be mistaken.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Again, the reason why we haven't got any weapons except knives and bows is because the playerset hasn't got the animations for it. We are searching for an artist to add a swing and a trust animation to it for years.

Then all equipment sprites have to be edited to include said new animations.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Peon
Peon

Post by 1234 »

it was in the "higher lvl monsters better drops" forum. i asked about new weapons and monsters being added.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Crush wrote:Again, the reason why we haven't got any weapons except knives and bows is because the playerset hasn't got the animations for it. We are searching for an artist to add a swing and a trust animation to it for years.

Then all equipment sprites have to be edited to include said new animations.
I am sorry, but I posted a two handed swing in the graphics department, which was ignored for like 2 weeks, except for len.

Then i was directed to a post, http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... e&start=75

Only to release that it has already been done. So why waste effort in something that has already been fixed. And since there was zero feedback, except for you len, I dropped the subject.

But given all that, the player set in the above topic is horribly broken.

If you would care to specifically tell me what you specifically need, I can try to get make it for you. Just understand that changing the perspective is not an option, for reasons that are very clear.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The problem is that a dozend of people started a two handed swing animation but noone bothered to actually finish one.

Either shading and details are missing or there aren't all directions.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

are the playerset in the above post good enough to finish. I am willing to help you out of this, but you need to tell me specifically what you want done.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Peon
Peon

Post by 1234 »

i can give you all the ideas in the world for stuff, but i sure as hell cant do all the technical stuff you guys do :lol:. so if you need ideas, im your man :wink:
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

DarkWater wrote:are the playerset in the above post good enough to finish. I am willing to help you out of this, but you need to tell me specifically what you want done.
Below is the most completed player set expansion.

Problems with it: Female expanded set needs the white removed, needs to be properly aligned and polearm attack frames added. Female needs to have its side animations mirrored. Both need to have the magic casting frames fixed to where the arms are consistent (either up or down). The pole in the polearm attack needs to be removed. Both need shading consistent with the current player-set.

Others have also voiced what they don't like about it: The one and two handed attack frames might not have the feet positioned in a way that is desired, the magic casting frames themselves might not be ideal. There might be more criticisms that might cause one to pause on completing it, which is why it never gets done.

I was going to put time into this starting next week, but if you are volunteering yourself to fix, I could put my time elsewhere. I could also collaborate with you on completing it, depending on if and how you would like to work on it.
Attachments
player_female_base2_1.png
player_female_base2_1.png (23 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
player_male_base2.png
player_male_base2.png (38.59 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
Current character is "Abolish".
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i have some things i would like to finish up first...but after that i may chip away at this,get the eazy stuff out of the way(white removed,side animations mirrored,polearm removed)..ill post as i do.

this also maybe a good way for any new artist to get some practice in..

-skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Player set discussion has moved to graphics development.
Current character is "Abolish".