whip

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

skipy
Knight
Knight

whip

Post by skipy »

i got a request to post this ...cant find old one
Attachments
whip show .png
whip show .png (15.01 KiB) Viewed 5234 times
whip moveing all 1 .png
whip moveing all 1 .png (2.39 KiB) Viewed 5234 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
skipy
Knight
Knight

Re: whip

Post by skipy »

this is without texture or the right color...but i think i have the movement where it needs to be

-skipy
Attachments
whip.png
whip.png (3.46 KiB) Viewed 5185 times
whipshow.png
whipshow.png (23.45 KiB) Viewed 5185 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Hi skipy. Do you think this is done? I'm wanting this whip in on a quick lower level fix. I'll test the graphics for it once you feel it is ready for testing. This could be in the game as early as next week if you feel you are done with it and the graphics work out.
Current character is "Abolish".
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

Whoa, I like it. Looks great!
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Wombat wrote:Hi skipy. Do you think this is done? I'm wanting this whip in on a quick lower level fix. I'll test the graphics for it once you feel it is ready for testing. This could be in the game as early as next week if you feel you are done with it and the graphics work out.
now its done (i hope) :lol: time for testing i would think..

if it needs to be worked on further let me know :mrgreen:

-skipy
Attachments
whipshow.png
whipshow.png (24.84 KiB) Viewed 5126 times
whip.png
whip.png (3.97 KiB) Viewed 5126 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Skipy, after some testing, I realized you use both bow and dagger attack frames for this weapon. I'll ask around and see what the possibilities of that happening are.

I really really want this weapon. It fits the weapon gap between the dagger and the scythe real good and I'm working on a low level quest release this week. It would also be the first range 2 melee weapon, which offers its own inherent advantages over all other weapons currently in the game.

Either way, if the whip could fit in this 128 pixel frame, it would help. It seems you can jump around on animation and I'll look more into it.
Crush wrote:Here a template for 128x128 px. This should be enough for most melee weapons:

Gimp file: http://www.crushnet.org/imageshack/weap ... _128px.xcf
Animation file: http://www.crushnet.org/imageshack/weapon-128px.xml.txt

When you want other animation sequences (remember: you can use all frames of the playerset in any order) or another size - it isn't hard to create one yourself. All you have to watch out for is that all "cells" are the same size and that the player character is placed at the same position of each "cell" (the last one is not really necessary as the positioning can be corrected in the animation file, but it makes it much easier).
Edited from this post a few things as I'm learning what the possibilities are. I'll keep researching.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

No need to limit to 128 pixels.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Wombat wrote:Skipy, after some testing, I realized you use both bow and dagger attack frames for this weapon. I'll ask around and see what the possibilities of that happening are.

I really really want this weapon. It fits the weapon gap between the dagger and the scythe real good and I'm working on a low level quest release this week. It would also be the first range 2 melee weapon, which offers its own inherent advantages over all other weapons currently in the game.

Either way, if the whip could fit in this 128 pixel frame, it would help. It seems you can jump around on animation and I'll look more into it.

Gimp file: http://www.crushnet.org/imageshack/weap ... _128px.xcf
Animation file: http://www.crushnet.org/imageshack/weapon-128px.xml.txt

When you want other animation sequences (remember: you can use all frames of the playerset in any order) or another size - it isn't hard to create one yourself. All you have to watch out for is that all "cells" are the same size and that the player character is placed at the same position of each "cell" (the last one is not really necessary as the positioning can be corrected in the animation file, but it makes it much easier).
Edited from this post a few things as I'm learning what the possibilities are. I'll keep researching.[/quote]

here is a re-working of the whip..doing it off the old attack frames ..should be much easer to work with and i think it fixes some fitting problems i had with it..idd i like to touch this up a bit before i can say its done... but you can test it with the melee attack frames...hope this helps

--skipy
Attachments
weapon-whip-show.png
weapon-whip-show.png (23.54 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
weapon-whip.png
weapon-whip.png (4.47 KiB) Viewed 5026 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

We'll juggle around with the whip release sometime soon. It won't come out this week, but I'd like to get all bugs on it fixed without rushing it through. Thanks for offering an alternative version. I like the idea of flipping around the animation with varying frames, so if it can work that way, I'd like it to do so. I'll update this thread if I discover a good way to do it, as it shouldn't be too difficult to do, from what I've heard. Hopefully I didn't create any confusion with my own confusion ;)
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

I'm just wondering, how would this 'rate' against the other default weapons, in terms of attack speed, power, etc?

Also, the knives in this game so far all share the same attack animation as far as I can tell... so would better variations of this whip use the same animation as this one, or would it be more encouraged to modify weapon appearance in said animation?
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Attack speed should mimic about the same as the scythe, which is a little slower than a dagger attack. It has a range of 2 and a +45 attack, as I wrote the stats for it, which makes it less powerful than other melee weapons, but with an edge of staying out of most monster ranges while getting a more rapid attack than longer distance weapons. Also there is the advantage of no ammo and it being a strength based weapon. Basically, it is the melee weapon in between the dagger and the scythe.

When we do equipment rebalancing, it is subject to changes with all other equipment.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

from what i can tell ((((((its done)))))..

-skipy

if it needs more let me know :mrgreen: .
Attachments
weapon-whip.png
weapon-whip.png (4.74 KiB) Viewed 4986 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Wombat wrote:Attack speed should mimic about the same as the scythe, which is a little slower than a dagger attack.
Uh, the scythe is the equal fastest weapon in the game right now, along with the setzer.

In more detail, most melee weapons have a type of 1 giving a base aspd of 700, the scythe and setzer have a type of 3 giving a base aspd of 600, and all bows have type 11 giving a base aspd of 900.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

After some discussion, the whip will have to wait because it breaks existing equipment. I'll try to keep my enthusiasm down a little so we won't feel things are done when they aren't.