reaper

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: reaper

Post by Wombat »

skipy, you are da man. You brought da boss. Dat is da noise and let the frenzy begin :)
Current character is "Abolish".
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Wombat wrote:skipy, you are da man. You brought da boss. Dat is da noise and let the frenzy begin :)
vary glad you like it...(thanks :mrgreen: )

if im missing some thing for it... let me know and ill fix it..or if anyone see some thing i did not feel free to tell me or fix it your self..
idd say 97% done(i dont know)

it will punk-rock to see it in game ..

next on my list ((((npc s)))

-skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

does it have any sort of particle effect or sfx to go with the attack?
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

yourmistakes wrote:does it have any sort of particle effect or sfx to go with the attack?
it dose not ...but i would love it to have a particle effect..(something i have no idea how to do)..i have lightning on some other layers that can work ...or it can just summon other stuff to kill for it ...i dont know ..im still up for ideas ..which reminds me i should finish the lightning.. :shock: :roll: :wink:

hhhmmmm maybe purple fire balls..
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

Well done on the design of the reaper! ^^ I'm now curious to it's actual combat behaviour rather than visual effects. For a boss monster (definitely looks like one!) it should be more unique than the typical JackO that just follows whoever happens to attack it most recently. Maybe it chooses the weakest player (lowest defence) or even better randomly decides to change targets inflicting massively high criticals.
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Particles will probably be used for attack, make it much slower than the jacko and a distant range attack. That is just my opinion. I like very much. I want to say it is done since all frames seem to be represented. All movement and all attack frames are included. Again, good work skipy. This may be the first real TMW boss in the game.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,
This may be the first real TMW boss in the game.
8) You're on a roll, skipy!

Since the lightnings and the frames are all here. All that is to be done is configuration.
I trust Wombat about that.

Best regards.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

here is more frames (movement or walking) and a clean up of whats there..i think its all there now..
i also have made the lightning (that Spit23 and AxlTrozz helped me out in making,thanks you 2)..have them saved as 2 xcf files..(not sure how to post them)..so here they are in a png..

as far as combat behavior is concerned (imo) i think it should attack everyone at the same time at range ..and move vary slow. :twisted: .i trust Wombat will do some thing fitting to how it should be :twisted:

thank you all for the encouragement..

-skipy
Attachments
monster-reeper -lighting-.png
monster-reeper -lighting-.png (25.76 KiB) Viewed 3185 times
monster-reeper-working.png
monster-reeper-working.png (24.62 KiB) Viewed 3185 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi skipy,

For the xcf files, can you zip them just like Spit did?

I'll upload the reference file into the tmwart repository, here:
http://gitorious.org/tmwart
That way it won't be lost or forgotten. ;)

Best regards.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Bertram wrote:Hi skipy,

For the xcf files, can you zip them just like Spit did?

I'll upload the reference file into the tmwart repository, here:
http://gitorious.org/tmwart
That way it won't be lost or forgotten. ;)

Best regards.
thank you Bertram...i hope it is done and i can start work on some other things in my head.. :mrgreen:

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi skipy,
thank you Bertram...i hope it is done and i can start work on some other things in my head.. :mrgreen:
You need to give us the xcf files first! ;)

As for the reaper, Wombat will be able to tell you the exact plot about it. :)

Best regards.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

This monster boss will be released with a future "Wizard's Tower" release, but it will still be some time before that happens. If someone else comes up with a concept before then, I'll consider my options once I get to the mentioned release.
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

I will try to help with getting the reaper working.

The problem right now is that the reaper's sprite sheet is missing frames for looping walk animation.

I tried a bit to add a frame to a default front and back walk anim but its still lacking. It would be great if I could chat with skipy about it.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

nmaligec wrote:I will try to help with getting the reaper working.

The problem right now is that the reaper's sprite sheet is missing frames for looping walk animation.

I tried a bit to add a frame to a default front and back walk anim but its still lacking. It would be great if I could chat with skipy about it.
feel free to message me any time you wish.
as far as the walk animation , i made the south ,north and east walk ...north walk in 3 frames , south and east in 2 frames..west walk frames can be fliped from the east frames..
i will grid the reaper out on a monster sheet (put parts in order,and center the frames )unless someone beats me to it :wink:
..ill try to get it posted tonight....

im open to subjetions on movement if it done not look right ..after it is set up

----skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Bertram wrote:Hi skipy,
You need to give us the xcf files first! ;)

As for the reaper, Wombat will be able to tell you the exact plot about it. :)

Best regards.
i have no clue how to get a xcf posted on here :cry:
im going to put the lighting in the sprite sheet on the attack frames..its the best i can do with the knowledge i have..
should be up tonight ((hoping))..

-------------skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido