TMWeAthena + Hamachi?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

DUSTY
Newly Registered User

TMWeAthena + Hamachi?

Post by DUSTY »

I have recently downloaded the eAthena server and, since my isp won't allow me to run a real server, I tried using Hamachi. So I changed all of the IPs in the /conf to my Hamachi IP, but my friend is unable to connect. Could it be the ports that are the problem? I also opened port 6901. Someone please tell me why my friend cannot connect. ):

Thanks
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: TMWeAthena + Hamachi?

Post by AnonDuck »

It's probably not the ports as Hamachi leaves everything wide open. Can you connect to it yourself? What specific error is your friend getting? Can your friend ping you on your Hamachi IP? Is there anything in your log files? Need more details.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
DUSTY
Newly Registered User

Post by DUSTY »

MadCamel wrote:It's probably not the ports as Hamachi leaves everything wide open. Can you connect to it yourself? What specific error is your friend getting? Can your friend ping you on your Hamachi IP? Is there anything in your log files? Need more details.
I actually just figured it out, I played around with the settings in Hamachi, and it randomly started working... xD

I knew it wasn't my server being the problem :(

Thanks anyway~
natsuki3
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki3 »

just me too i tryed it on my PC with Hamahi and updates and i ws playing but when my friend tyed to connect from other PC with hamachi IP and then the server download the updates but when he touck the "Play" butoom say "couldnt connect to the remote host"
Its blue like the sea.