cursed item

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

skipy
Knight
Knight

cursed item

Post by skipy »

i have a idea for a cursed item (hand of death)..

-you hit your target much like you do with the sword..
-it will lower stats int. vit. agi. ...
-%(1-50?) to do a instant kill on target..
-%(1-100?) it kills you when equipped..disappearing form inventory ...and maybe dropping the player down a lvl

i subject it as a reaper drop or some thing to be made from reaper drop.....

i made a icon to show..

------------------------------skipy
Attachments
weapon-dagger-hand-icon.png
weapon-dagger-hand-icon.png (763 Bytes) Viewed 3713 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Re: cursed item

Post by Turmfalke »

I have no idea how you would want to implement that into eA/tA. For manaserv I hope such items will be possible.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Turmfalke wrote:I have no idea how you would want to implement that into eA/tA. For manaserv I hope such items will be possible.
as do i..
can anyone tell me if it is possible...???? :mrgreen:

i put up a first draft to show what it may look like...

-----------------skipy
Attachments
weapontemplate_hand.png
weapontemplate_hand.png (21.68 KiB) Viewed 3686 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

The on-equip script and stats changes are easy to do.. But I don't think a percentage chance for instant death of a target is quite so easy. Weapons can break after a certain amount of use though. Perhaps it could have insanely high attack stats but break after a while?
Head of the TMW Illuminati
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

MadCamel wrote:The on-equip script and stats changes are easy to do.. But I don't think a percentage chance for instant death of a target is quite so easy. Weapons can break after a certain amount of use though. Perhaps it could have insanely high attack stats but break after a while?
insanely high attack stats but break after a while probably make more sents ....the idea was to be on keel with lighting spell(lighting = insanely high attack..but not instant death) .....so that works better (imo) :twisted: ...to make it just as expensive as lightning it would need to break after a while (randomly if doable )....
thanks MK for the info :twisted:

----------------------skipy

i will look more into this...

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Or, an idea I've been thinking of for a while: you could make it a weapon that isn't extraordinary by itself (ex: +50 attack), but have a fairly expensive spell that adds a significantly higher attack, or even one that adds a lot of magic damage. Considering spells like chiza, I'd say it's possible; just have it not consume the item to use the spell, or make it good for numerous uses before it's gone (if that's even possible).

In my opinion, this would give reason for a warrior/mage hybrid that was never too feasible before - People often make archer/mage hybrids, but the only stat that is Completely useless for mages is strength (aside from being able to carry more, that is). To me, that would be an interesting reason to use different stat builds :).
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Cause the item to be consumed when the character dies?

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Freeyorp101 wrote:Cause the item to be consumed when the character dies?

---Freeyorp
yeeaahh! it is the hand of death..just makes sents..
then you can some what control how long you have it...grate idea (imo) :wink:

mistergrey--i would like to stay away from spell casting...(being some one like others that hate typing :x :wink: )..magic damage is a must (imo) so warrior or warrior/mage hybrid can do magic damage with out haveing to cast spell....i like your idea and think it may work better for short-sword or arrows..or any thing that you can put in your hand other then things that have mana/magic in them already....(imo)..if you like i will work on something like that (poison-arrow?) :mrgreen:
-------------------------skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

This might be shot down immediately but how about a grim reaper drop that if used imbues the normal farmer scythe to "Death's Scythe". The reason that this might be shot down could be because the scythe is a quest unique item. Unless you create a way of getting new scythes that doesn't include creating and killing new accounts.

Speaking of this I'm starting a new topic for a grim reaper type quest and this could be one of 3 magical objects. (I mean magical not in the manaworld-must-use-spell sense.)
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Well, the idea I mentioned would work equally well if it just had a certain amount of physical damage, and magic damage, therefore providing a reason to up both INT and STR at the same time at once for maximum damage.

I just like the idea of a weapon one can cast a spell on as well, heh.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

I do like the idea of having more classes, this probably deserves it's own topic but to have the int-str class an idea could be some form of close range (melee) telekinetic punch that makes use of spiritual energy by using up all mana for a single powerful hit (attack+mana points). Optionally worth considering is if weapon damage is included and if this attack can be "spammed" (used quickly) in the sense that if your int recovers fast then you can keep using it or you can just attack normally. Something else to consider is that because this is a spell we can consider if it's a "switch on mana-attack" spell or a "1 incantation - 1 hit" spell.

Alternatively if you take the word "intelligence" literally then you can "learn" martial arts. You use a new class of "spells" that are types of combat attacks. This could easily be counted as a skill and would open up a whole new way of thinking for close quarter combat.
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

hand of death

-it will lower stats int. vit. agi. when equip ...
-250? magic damage to target
-Cause the item to be consumed when the character dies

this is how i see it so far (imo)

---------------------------------------skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

skipy wrote:hand of death

-250? magic damage to target

this is how i see it so far (imo)

---------------------------------------skipy
here you go skipy...now you can mess with it...
Attachments
weapon_hand.png
weapon_hand.png (3.64 KiB) Viewed 3575 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Speiros01
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros01 »

mistergrey wrote:Or, an idea I've been thinking of for a while: you could make it a weapon that isn't extraordinary by itself (ex: +50 attack), but have a fairly expensive spell that adds a significantly higher attack, or even one that adds a lot of magic damage. Considering spells like chiza, I'd say it's possible; just have it not consume the item to use the spell, or make it good for numerous uses before it's gone (if that's even possible).

In my opinion, this would give reason for a warrior/mage hybrid that was never too feasible before - People often make archer/mage hybrids, but the only stat that is Completely useless for mages is strength (aside from being able to carry more, that is). To me, that would be an interesting reason to use different stat builds :).
If it has the spell factor back on it, wouldn't that just be advantageous for mages again, and not for the other two types of players on the game? Plus in armour, it might not be useable. I am unsure on this, but just a point.
A.K.A "_speiros_", by a mistake I made...lol
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 837#p94837

maybe this will work as a good quest item for the reaper....

candle helm

-250? magic damage to target with arrows..

if it can be done having it turn arrows in to flame arrows....if its a mater of pixeling the fire for arrows .....im willing to give it a try..
this is how i see it (imo)...

--------------------------------skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido