[REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

skipy
Knight
Knight

Re: [REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

Post by skipy »

stuff,,,,,may need work...i need sleep..
------------skipy
Attachments
catacomb.png
catacomb.png (10.02 KiB) Viewed 2500 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Nice candles skipy.

I was thinking something more like this for the coffin:

It's not really right i think. I don't know if that's even a good angle or valid perspective. seems wrong for some reason i cant place right now.
Last edited by Merlin on 28 Aug 2010, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

It looks flat, but it is an excellent add. A little tweaking and it'll get good :D

Also, so far it looks like we are progressing quickly. The Arena modifications are a little rough still (which they should be). I'm almost caught up on my content priorities, so I'll start adding my art efforts again once I am caught up. Collaborative efforts on this and other priority [REQ]s are pulling together really good.
Current character is "Abolish".
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

the color may not be right...(or just to muddy)....
---------------skipy
Attachments
cript-part.png
cript-part.png (5.05 KiB) Viewed 2465 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Wombat wrote:It looks flat, but it is an excellent add. A little tweaking and it'll get good :D

Also, so far it looks like we are progressing quickly. The Arena modifications are a little rough still (which they should be).
What do you exactly mean?
There are different things, skipy did it more dirty, I tried to put up without much color change,
so which direction do you want us to go? a dirty crypt, or maybe two levels, where the first level is more like a crypt and the second like a dirty hidden place? or ...? please explain more :-)

sorry that i did not map the last days very stressful weekend.

Pjotr

Edit: @ MerlinX420:

Your wall is 7 tiles high. Thats 3,5 players. IMHO a bit too high for a crypt. Can you cahnge either the heigth? or should there be only one place int wall to put a body?
---
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

ok have a look please, if all that fits together?
This is just ground, walls etc.
candles and other decorative stuff will get an extra tileset I propose ;)
Attachments
crypt_inside_ground.png
crypt_inside_ground.png (150.96 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
---
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

argul wrote:@MerlinX420:
I like this Wall with the bodies inside very much MerlinX420. :-)
I would say: Keep up the good work. But which floor do you like to have with it?
Maybe we this floor from the arena tileset fits, but has to be recolored to be darker.
So that it fits to your basement fo the wall

@skipy:
If you look at the crypt from outside, would you expect such a dirty inside?
IIMHO in the crypt it is cleaner, more the wy MerlinX420 did the walls.
Since I don't know the plans for the whole map, I would propose that you work fits good for the chamber of the grim reaper.
This chamber could be located behind a hidden door in the crypt (I mean its another level deeper inside, below the crypt.)
Edit: The candles look nice, just seen now Oo.

So I would try to develop in different ways.
I just don't know in which direction I should go?

How do I create candles with shimmering light? I mean how to make a moving tileset? Or will this shimmer-effect be put there afterwards?

Pjotr
....disregard the tiles i did...(there not that good)..MerlinX420 is doing a grate job (imo)...
im working on stuff to put about (candles,bones,wall hangings,coffins and so on)....a bigger list of what we need in there for random stuff...is needed(imo)...
the cave floor may work ok...work better if there was a bricks here and there....
the walls i have seen up to 30-40 feet or taller in pic,s of crypts i have seen on-line.......

as far as whats going on....well ,i have no clue other then what you know....im sure Wombat has a good plan ..
also im sure he is vary bizy pulling all of this together...he knows what hes doing :wink:
all i can do is post what i make and share ideas..and hope for the best....you should ask Wombat for info if you really need to...

""How do I create candles with shimmering light? I mean how to make a moving tileset?"" ---the "thing that moves" will have to have its own sprite sheet (i think)the way i would do this is lots of layers of the same thing,start with the lowest layer get it how you want it...move to next layer up and change it to how it should be...then up an other do same thing...do this agen and agen till you think you have what you want...you can see how it moves in filters (in gimp)...after that you move the layer out EVENLY to a full sheet.......dont know if this helps (still a noob artiest i is).......

the map,
here is a idea on layout(IMHO) ...some thing like this would be cool...

-----------skipy
Attachments
map-idea.png
map-idea.png (9.25 KiB) Viewed 2453 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I think you all are doing a good job on selectively deciding what works. I'll step away from adding comments and let the contributors to this tileset decide when they are done. I'll just confirm its completion when it is announced.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

argul wrote:
Wombat wrote:It looks flat, but it is an excellent add. A little tweaking and it'll get good :D

Also, so far it looks like we are progressing quickly. The Arena modifications are a little rough still (which they should be).
What do you exactly mean?
There are different things, skipy did it more dirty, I tried to put up without much color change,
so which direction do you want us to go? a dirty crypt, or maybe two levels, where the first level is more like a crypt and the second like a dirty hidden place? or ...? please explain more :-)

sorry that i did not map the last days very stressful weekend.

Pjotr

Edit: @ MerlinX420:

Your wall is 7 tiles high. Thats 3,5 players. IMHO a bit too high for a crypt. Can you cahnge either the heigth? or should there be only one place int wall to put a body?
Your not suppose to use the whole wall silly. That's just a mockup anyway.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When you really insist on using the arena tiles as floor textures at least flip them upside down to fix the light direction.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

And off Merlin goes digging for a floor:

I'm gonna have to track this down. I think it was made for tmw but the color direction was wrong. (The floor in this mockup in question)

Sorry my mockup didn't give a good view on how I visualize the wall working.
I see it kinda like this:
cryptmockup.png
cryptmockup.png (230.12 KiB) Viewed 2425 times

Shadows would have to be added and i just wanted to give a quick visual with the new floor and the stone coffin i was working on.
MerlinX420
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Looks OK so far, but the colors are too warm for a creepy scenario. I used the Hue/Saturation/Volume dialog in GIMP to shift the yellow hue to blue and also reduced the gamma:
Attachments
cryptmockup.png
cryptmockup.png (225.05 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I like the shift. Idk about that blue but it seems to work.
If the floor meets everyone's approval then I will make a copy of the existing block walls and the new crypt ones and created a shifted set more along these lines.
I see the you plan on 45 degree walls. I have a tinkered with and made a 45 degree wall for this set. Unfortunately it suffers from the horrible re-sizing effect but
should be suitable.

In a few days I will post a compiled set. I might have a separate shadow tileset that I started making with my new roof. Perhaps I will pull that to a separate sheet so that can be pushed and used independently. Really this place takes on a whole new dimension once shadows are added. I find that it will be useful to have these shadows to use on an over-layer so they actually cast over the player sprite.
MerlinX420
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

FYI: Crypt will be dark like the Snake Pit.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

The mockup looks really cool :-)
The walls and the stair is really nice :-)
So there will be a upper floor where the Opferstein is located *planning map* ;)

I see there are pillars in the right lower corner.
They are really needed for a crypt, so maybe you can do a few different pillars.
( it would be really awesome if they look just a bit larger and more impressive. )

Pjotr
---