[REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

skipy
Knight
Knight

Re: [REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

Post by skipy »

looks grate... :twisted: ...
the stone coffin is grate as well....only thing i would add would be have some of them spilt ,cracked, some parts of them missing maybe...
but i bet you already thought this :wink: ......

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: --------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

argul wrote:The mockup looks really cool :-)
The walls and the stair is really nice :-)
So there will be a upper floor where the Opferstein is located *planning map* ;)

I see there are pillars in the right lower corner.
They are really needed for a crypt, so maybe you can do a few different pillars.
( it would be really awesome if they look just a bit larger and more impressive. )

Pjotr
Those stairs are the rough version i got from tmw-bz. I have a cleaner version and I have to work on making a better side rail transition to the floor.
I really don't want to make the pillars to big, but I can try and see how it looks.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

skipy wrote:looks grate... :twisted: ...
the stone coffin is grate as well....only thing i would add would be have some of them spilt ,cracked, some parts of them missing maybe...
but i bet you already thought this :wink: ......

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: --------skipy
yes when i do things like that I make the normal version first then make the variant ones.
I post the first normal ones to get feedback.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

A modified tileset based along what crush did. I didn't go as blue but I took the warmth out of the rest and gave it a colder look.
Shadows and other thing included from what I was adding on with on my other set.

I'll see about the workability of this set and still could use some more addons.
Last edited by Merlin on 28 Aug 2010, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
MerlinX420
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When you remove the warmth of the tileset by reducing saturation you don't end up with "cold", you end up with "boring".

The hottest hue is 0/360 (red), the coldest cyan (180). If a color is warm or cold depends on to which one it is closer. The average hue of the walls is about 40, so you are technically still on the warm side of the color spectrum.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

I am really impressed by this art :D :)
So I begun to play with it as a mapper...
Here is what I found:

-There might be an perspective error::
You can see the right wall at the door, but not the right side at the grave.

-This green carpet hanging on the wall: looks nice, for better usage maybe you can
remove the underground(wall with corner), so it can be placed anywhere not just
at corners (by using another layer.)

-The diagonal wall isnt finished i guess, since I didn't find end stones for the upper closing.

-How do I use these shadows? I (ok solved by myself, just have a look if it is this correct? )

-the upper closing of walls: (most upper red circle): How do I use that Tile correctly? I did not find solution which looks that way I thought you considered it to be used.

Do not take this as heavy criticism, it is really good work you are doing!

Pjotr
Attachments
map.png
map.png (174.23 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
---
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

argul wrote:I am really impressed by this art :D :)
So I begun to play with it as a mapper...
Here is what I found:

-There might be an perspective error::
You can see the right wall at the door, but not the right side at the grave.
I really don't know what your talking about in this case. Considering that the archway is an exact copy of the door arch idk how they could be diffrent.
I'll zoom and look and see if I can see what your seeing.
-This green carpet hanging on the wall: looks nice, for better usage maybe you can
remove the underground(wall with corner), so it can be placed anywhere not just
at corners (by using another layer.)
There is a stand alone version. I shouldnt have even put that in the set imo.
-The diagonal wall isnt finished i guess, since I didn't find end stones for the upper closing.

-How do I use these shadows? I (ok solved by myself, just have a look if it is this correct? )

-the upper closing of walls: (most upper red circle): How do I use that Tile correctly? I did not find solution which looks that way I thought you considered it to be used.

Do not take this as heavy criticism, it is really good work you are doing!

Pjotr
Nope I still have to make a top for the diagonal wall. Shadow usage is okay.
I will have to show you. You have to learn to work with the layers. :)
MerlinX420
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

What is the source of the floor tiles used here? I want to make sure we can point to the origin of these tiles for the sake of GPL.
Current character is "Abolish".
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Crush wrote:When you remove the warmth of the tileset by reducing saturation you don't end up with "cold", you end up with "boring".

The hottest hue is 0/360 (red), the coldest cyan (180). If a color is warm or cold depends on to which one it is closer. The average hue of the walls is about 40, so you are technically still on the warm side of the color spectrum.
As I was sitting there messing with the different lvl's i didn't want to go as blue as your version. Maybe I misunderstood the technique that you used crush.
I'm still not 100% satisfied with the outcome so I will prolly give it a few more attempts to get the lvls right.
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Wombat wrote:Image

What is the source of the floor tiles used here? I want to make sure we can point to the origin of these tiles for the sake of GPL.
I found where I got it and contacted the artist. It simply stated that we couldn't use it for "commercial use". I contacted him with a brief explanation of wanting to use that floor in this project. It was just a day ago. If I don't receive a response within a few days I will pull the floor from the set.
MerlinX420
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

MerlinX420 wrote: I really don't know what your talking about in this case. Considering that the archway is an exact copy of the door arch idk how they could be diffrent.
Ok I actually mean behind that archway.
You can see both (left and right ) archways. Thats ok, because of the game perspective and geometry.
But look in the grave behind the archway at the right side.
If you can see both archways, you also should see both walls inside the grave.

Yes, I figured that out by myself. The picture above was created using tiled with your tileset,
so no copy/past of singe pixels....
So I used 3 different layers.
Just the resizing and marking with red was done using gimp.

Pjotr
Attachments
map2.png
map2.png (37.51 KiB) Viewed 2503 times
---
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

argul wrote:
MerlinX420 wrote: I really don't know what your talking about in this case. Considering that the archway is an exact copy of the door arch idk how they could be diffrent.
Ok I actually mean behind that archway.
You can see both (left and right ) archways. Thats ok, because of the game perspective and geometry.
But look in the grave behind the archway at the right side.
If you can see both archways, you also should see both walls inside the grave.

Yes, I figured that out by myself. The picture above was created using tiled with your tileset,
so no copy/past of singe pixels....
So I used 3 different layers.
Just the resizing and marking with red was done using gimp.

Pjotr
I know what your talking about now.
No you wouldn't see the wall on the right side.
You see the inside of the arch because it dosn't go that deep in.
If both walls run at the 45% from the edge of the archway then the right side ways angles inside to the right like the other wall not to the left where it would be seen. I'm pretty sure that if I made a perspective error I would have heard about it from crush when I first posted it.

I don't see how or why you would see the right hand wall.
MerlinX420
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Floor must be removed if it is not GPL. We only use GPL for work in the game. I don't want artists demanding different licenses within this game and this leads to a slippery slope of that happening. I find that unacceptable.

Edited: We just aren't going to accept non-GPL work. The tiles can't be used. Is there other works on this thread that are not GPL? What about the wall tiles? Where is the source for that?
Current character is "Abolish".
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

As you all know, any license which forbids commercial use is incompatible with the GPL because the GPL includes the freedom to use it for any purpose including commercial use.

The wall tiles are safe to use. They were made by Irucard who is very familiar with the GPL and a strong supporter of it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

MerlinX420, you are using obsolete version of tileset.