[REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

Post by Merlin »

i wrote:MerlinX420, you are using obsolete version of tileset.
oh great news! XD I was wondering if I had the latest version. Even went hunting for it in git and couldn't find it.
Some of what I had was from a modified version that they were using on the BZ server. If you could point me in the direction of the latest one I would like to see how you finished it up differently. I never planned on raping your tileset this way, but I figured it can't look as bad as if they used that arena set. XD
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Looking back at the opening I think i have the wrong perspective on the wall totally different then what was suggested before.
opening.png
opening.png (33.29 KiB) Viewed 3129 times
They way I was making it look was as if the opening went back at a 45 degree angle. I should be looking at it straight forward. Argul tanks for keeping me looking at it again and again. I just noticed that we both had it wrong. XD
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

I don't know, if it is bad to use an obsolete tileset, i really like that tileset as it is.

So we need a new floor, if it is not GPLed :(

But then we are nearly done :-)

May i ask you MerlinX420, to split that tileset up into crypt_ground which contains walls grounds doors stairs and so on, and crypt_art which contains candles skulls (some broken bones) spiderwebs and so on?
I guess we need actually 2 tilesets, since in such a crypt there are lots of pixels;)
---
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

argul wrote:I don't know, if it is bad to use an obsolete tileset, i really like that tileset as it is.

So we need a new floor, if it is not GPLed :(

But then we are nearly done :-)

May i ask you MerlinX420, to split that tileset up into crypt_ground which contains walls grounds doors stairs and so on, and crypt_art which contains candles skulls (some broken bones) spiderwebs and so on?
I guess we need actually 2 tilesets, since in such a crypt there are lots of pixels;)
Well I'm still going to have to remake the whole set. I could separate the 2 sets. I don't like to represent I's work with an obsolete hackup. If I'm gonna butcher his work I might as well use the best we have. He could make this a lot better then I can. I dislike warping his walls to 45's. I guess they are good enough but they aren't perfect.

For a tile set this is kinda a rush rush project from my understanding even thou I never did get a timeline/deadline on release. Using I's walls as a conner cutting measure. Same idea applied to the floor idea. I think we still have a few choices that already exist in the tmw art repos that would work well enough to at least finish the content, even if we used a flipped and modified version of the arena floor.
MerlinX420
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

Just wanted to get everyone who is working on parts of the 'reaper quest' (as I will refer to it for now) on the same page. I was told that this will be part of the tileset used for the map where the reaper will be placed and that argul will do the map. Everything looks great and I am happy that the reaper boss fight will get a proper level for it and not just gm summoned somewhere for balancing/testing.

I started a thread in the content section to keep track of everything:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 13&t=11297
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I'd like this entire set to be redone with sources cited due to copyright problems. We can't use rpgmaker tiles nor tiles from copyrighted sources. If you find work to alter, please be sure to cite where the work is coming from. Art alterations should only come from within TMW or other GPL compatible sources.
Current character is "Abolish".
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Like I stated in the last thread and a few times before. It is from the block-wall set by I. The obvious alterations from the GY set are apparent.
There are NO rpgmaker tiles in this set. NONE. Never was. The only "issue" was the floor that has been removed once I dug thru ALL the tmw pre-existing art and realized i didn't get it from here and it was in the wrong directory. (That caused me to audit my working collection of stuff.)
The wall set from I is quite well know to those who know what's in the tmw art repos. You are making assumptions. I think I covered what that does in my other thread. I can't seem to find the link to I's block-wall set. If I can't link it then I'll scrap the whole thing and you can use what ever we have for the set.

Now that I have sufficiently made an ass out of myself I'm gonna GTFO and get something done instead of sitting here going back and forth about "Art reference Issues"
MerlinX420
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Hey MerlinX420,

so just a little question here:
Are you still on it, or did you leave?

I really liked your tileset up to now, and i guess it wont change ;)
Don't be bothered about timelines.

You did much work for the tileset up to now.
So wouldn't it be really cool when you finish that with the missing floor, so it makes it into the game?

Pjotr
---
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I too would like you to continue Merlin. You referenced your art, which is good enough for me. URLs won't be necessary. I have access to tmwart repo.
Current character is "Abolish".
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I'm still working on it. I have the 45% wall with tops created correctly. A few odds and ends cleaned up. I also completely redid the catacomb opening so it looks like it's at the right perspective. (TY argrul for continually pointing out that something was just wrong with it till I open my eyes and realized the error I made.)
You should have a completely tmw based set in a few days. I am still working out the re-color/desaturation of the tileset to remove a bit of the warmth out of the set along the lines that crush suggested. Sorry if I was over reactive in pulling all the linked work so far. I wanted to make sure all questionable content was removed.
I can't leave you guys hanging on this now. I'd hate myself every time I fought the reaper if I had to do it on a reworked arena tileset.
I also have a few different floors worked out, but wonder if I think i made the blocks to dark. Nothing gimp can't take care of. I used the texture from the gy pillar but it dosn't look all that great. I just did it last night so I still have some work to do to it before I post stuff and we can decide on a pattern/tile to use.
There is a floor on I's set that would work alright for this. Maybe we could use that floor. I went thru and audited my 200something MB TMW Junk folder so nothing like this can happen again. I download anything even worth looking at. I have horrible file management and tend to save everything of type in one place.
MerlinX420
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

I have horrible file management and tend to save everything of type in one place----as do i :lol: ...
any way ..just so we are on the same page....im still working on some small stuff for this set...
ill color them to taste.. when the floor is posted ill post them then...

MerlinX420 is on the job...we should not fear.. :twisted: ...just let him do his thing....

-------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

here is some flooring from old tile sets.....it may be useful ..

---------------skipy
Attachments
desertcityht2----floor.png
desertcityht2----floor.png (19.32 KiB) Viewed 3014 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

better demo

---------------------------skipy
Attachments
desertcityht2----floor-demo.png
desertcityht2----floor-demo.png (35.83 KiB) Viewed 3000 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

skipy wrote:better demo

The brown-dark tiles is pretty good :o ( the 5th of your demo) it look good on the crypt.... Its you who did them? :O
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Reid wrote:
skipy wrote:better demo

The brown-dark tiles is pretty good :o ( the 5th of your demo) it look good on the crypt.... Its you who did them? :O
no i did not make this ....just showing it (from.......desertcityht2.png tile-set)....just thinking it may work for the Crypt...may need some re-coloring....

-------------------skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido