Almost Ready Release Content: Some Work Needed

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Almost Ready Release Content: Some Work Needed

Post by Wombat »

Here are the candidates for art that can be released soon. Some might need fixing or icons while others might just need xml.
---

Meway's Bat
Meway's Witch Hat
Meway's Turtle
Image Skipy's Faceplate Chest Armor
Imagehal9000's wizzy hat
Image Skipy's Pan Hat
Cool Kid 782's Burglar Mask
Skipy's Female Alteration of VxD's Snake Armor
VxD's Snake Armor
ImageVxD's Snake Helmet
Skipy's leg platings
Dude's plate feet
ImageLizandra's plate feet icon

***Image Removed Due to Copyright Infringement***
MerlinX420's Dragoon Helm

Skipy's Candle Hat
Narg's Spider (i.e. Blood Mite, as I'd call it)
XML Here kr0n05931's gladiator helmet
Bankai777's Dark Knight Helm
i's Rice Hat
Last edited by Wombat on 28 Aug 2010, 12:14, edited 2 times in total.
Current character is "Abolish".
skipy
Knight
Knight

Re: Almost Ready Release Content: Some Work Needed

Post by skipy »

--Skipy's Faceplate Chest Armor
it may be to much of a mess to deal with this one..but maybe not...as is there are big problems with the shoulders moving and needs lots of clean up ....
--Skipy's Pan Hat
done maybe ..needs testing
--Skipy's Female Alteration of VxD's Snake Armor
done maybe ..needs testing
--Skipy's leg platings
needs some work but not lots
--Skipy's Candle Hat
50% done (on full set) maybe ..will needs testing and a Female set

that is where they are all at as of today its at.. i may have some things close to done not posted ....i will start port for them..

--------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Dragon Helm still needs to be finished. I should have it done in time in between my other stuff.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

The "face" chest plate, ****the dragoon helm**** (the dragoon helm can't be used due to copyright infringement), the plate boots all could be a single set if: The color is made to match, gloves are made for it and the animation works out. After the crypt tileset is done, this can be made a priority release for the inn.

For the reaper quest, skipy's "cursed item" will be offered. It will use an ammo type that is created with gemstones and fires area of effect damage. The "curse" of the item is more in how area of effect operates..which may expose the user to the explosions as well as its target...as well as the high cost of ammo. I'm thinking 100 uses per gem consumed in the crafting process of its ammo. I'll look more into the potential of this happening and hopefully I'm not speaking too soon on its actual operation.

Edit Add: The dragoon helm is no longer on this list due to copyright infringement. Bankai's dark helm will now serve as a potential candidate for this set, if redone.

New name for the cursed item: Death's Hand.
Last edited by Wombat on 28 Aug 2010, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
Current character is "Abolish".
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

face plate may be done.....it needs testing to see if it works...my test sever is down ..so if any one would like to help in testing.. i would be grateful....

-------------------skipy
Attachments
face plate.png
face plate.png (32.34 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Where is the female version?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Crush wrote:Where is the female version?
it will be on its way soon.....("face" chest plate female)
i may try to make the female version deferent looking from the male version(open to ideas...and i some things in mind)..(Candle Hat full set)...i will post soon female and male will look close to the same....moving faster then i was thinking it would.... :twisted:

--------------------skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Dude
Novice
Novice

Post by Dude »

Wombat, the boots you posted are not the lastest...please see the thread....I'll be completing the female version shortly and I'll work with skipy to get the colors to match....
Dude - lvl 99
...and yes I know where my car is.....
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Comments on the Art

Most of this is coming along really well. I don't like the addition of mindless hats, but that's a personal preference thing and as far as art goes most of them are okay.

The burglar mask, however, looks like a gradient'd silhouette though, and the Dark Knight and Gladiator helmets leave something to be desired - mainly texture and shading that doesn't look like it was filled into the outline. They should be part of each other.

The Turtle's shell also has no texture - it looks like its made of plastic or something. It also has no attack - but you might not be planning it for a monster.

And the Wizzy Hat's icon is tiny. What's with that? The hat itself is looking quite nice though, if you ignore that it's based on the Fancy Hat.

The Blood Mite could be a nice beginning, but it needs some fixing - it's very square, for a start. It shouldn't look like it's been forced into the square. The perspective is also a little out, especially on the side frames.

The Vampire Bat could also do with an outline, but it's not necessary.

The perspective is out on all equipment, but that's the fault of the playerset artist, not the costume one. I quite like the Face Plate (though not the name) and the Snake Armour.

Other Stuff I Feel Like Saying

The Candle Hat fits TMW much more than the Miner's Hat, and I suggest replacing the latter with the former rather than adding another item.

If I make a tutorial place, maybe the Pan Hat could be the first helm (unless you want to get it in the game now for a specific reason. If you can wait before adding it, I'd like to use it for that).

I'd also like to say it's brilliant that someone is finally doing something with this stuff. Most of it's been laying around getting dusty for years.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

I know you guys are going to hate me for this... but...

In the real world, plate armor is uni-sexed. There is no male or female versions. Breast would have to bounded up. Armor is and always will be made to force the blow away from the body. Having breast area would not only cause the blows directed in the body, but it would also chafe, badly. Only in a male sexist ideological system does form out do function. Even in archery, women bound the right breast as close to the body as possible.

Even new armor systems show every little diffences.
http://soldiersystems.net/2008/10/page/2/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/a ... _ap_01.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w24/ ... ge_315.jpg
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:T2Mq ... nt.jpg&t=1
http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/info_4483.html
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

However, women never wore armour at all back in the day. How do we know whether the breasts would have been noticeable or not on theirs, had they had it? And remember Xena the Warrior Princess?

Although actually, I would agree with you as far as realism goes. But without breasts you can't really tell a male from a female sprite.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

This is a fantasy game, not a medieval simulation.

Rule of Cool > Realism.
Flashy > Functional.

And sexy armor is definitely cool and flashy.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

DarkWater wrote:I know you guys are going to hate me for this... but...

In the real world, plate armor is uni-sexed. There is no male or female versions. Breast would have to bounded up. Armor is and always will be made to force the blow away from the body. Having breast area would not only cause the blows directed in the body, but it would also chafe, badly. Only in a male sexist ideological system does form out do function. Even in archery, women bound the right breast as close to the body as possible.

Even new armor systems show every little diffences.
http://soldiersystems.net/2008/10/page/2/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/a ... _ap_01.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w24/ ... ge_315.jpg
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:T2Mq ... nt.jpg&t=1
http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/info_4483.html
if we really want to spit hair on this .....if i remember right gladiators of Amazonia and Achillea had armor to bring the eye to the Breast or fought topless.....ether way it dose not matter in a "fantasy" game....coolness is what im aiming for with the stuff i pixel...

-----------------skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

i played a lil bit around with Bankais pixels...
Attachments
Chef´s version
Chef´s version
head-dark-knights-helm.png (2.51 KiB) Viewed 4904 times
Chefs´s version
Chefs´s version
head-dark-knights-helm-icon.png (768 Bytes) Viewed 4904 times
Bankais version
Bankais version
dark_knights_helm-4-empty.png (5.15 KiB) Viewed 4933 times
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.