[WIP] Blue Tile Roof

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [WIP] Blue Tile Roof

Post by i »

So MerlinX420 is not a hacker... He is a ripper :D
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Iru don't make me remake all this shyt for him.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Merlin, please continue your work on the crypt. It will take considerable effort to complete. These new tiles are awesome, but yes, we can't use rpgmaker tiles. These tiles would be great for a solid city once the deviations are done with original art.

Others, please stop with the snide comments. Please help encourage development or work on your own projects. If you can contribute to this tileset, that would help it. Merlin doesn't need advice, he needs co-collaborators.
Current character is "Abolish".
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Sure no problem. This isn't that to far off from being done. I'm going to pull the shadows off this set and put them on a septate set for divisional purposes.

The funny off-topic remarks don't bother me. When you've been around as long as I have you come to expect these things. It all in good nature I'm sure.
I'm still waiting for Matt to bust in here tell me I suck and I need to restart from scratch.

I'm limited on what I can do in gimp. I could make something 10 times better in a week if he wanted to! imo
I rip but I'm only ripping of tmw graphics. Like the little stone coffin I made for the crypt from the GY fence post.
Sometimes it's nothing more then adding another function to a existing piece. The stone block archway I made from I's door frame.

The window was just something I had on the set and couldn't remember where I got it. The floor tile I actually had in a folder of tmw stuff accidentally.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

GPL requires us to cite our sources, so all of that is relevant. Thank you for your effort to ease packaging so far.
This message used to be meaningful.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Be sure to cite all sources of art alteration with urls. If original art, please be sure to announce what is original. Licenses not compatible with GPL will be rejected. If this problem continues to happen, all art from the artist doing it will be rejected and not used.
Current character is "Abolish".
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Wombat wrote:Be sure to cite all sources of art alteration with urls. If original art, please be sure to announce what is original. Licenses not compatible with GPL will be rejected. If this problem continues to happen, all art from the artist doing it will be rejected and not used.
I can't link I's block-wall set because it's not there anymore. I tried pulling it from the git and get nothing. I was told I was using an outdated version of the set and can't seem to find the updated one.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

MerlinX420 wrote:I can't link I's block-wall set because it's not there anymore. I tried pulling it from the git and get nothing. I was told I was using an outdated version of the set and can't seem to find the updated one.
Found it:
http://mruk.wordpress.com/2008/10/24/bl ... leset-004/
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Crush wrote:
MerlinX420 wrote:I can't link I's block-wall set because it's not there anymore. I tried pulling it from the git and get nothing. I was told I was using an outdated version of the set and can't seem to find the updated one.
Found it:
http://mruk.wordpress.com/2008/10/24/bl ... leset-004/
I was looking for it in the actual TMW repo's. That's why I couldn't find it. XD
Doesn't matter at this point, but TY crush.
MerlinX420
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

The pixel art at the link is quite beautiful :-)
I like the stairs.
---
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

MerlinX420 wrote:I'm still waiting for Matt to bust in here tell me I suck and I need to restart from scratch.
Why would you think that, I never discouraged an artist who provided original art here, in fact i'm still only around to look at good pixel works.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Matt wrote:
MerlinX420 wrote:I'm still waiting for Matt to bust in here tell me I suck and I need to restart from scratch.
Why would you think that, I never discouraged an artist who provided original art here, in fact i'm still only around to look at good pixel works.
I meant that in a good way matt! XD If I didn't get any offtopic remarks I'd think I was posting in the wrong forum. XD
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

argul wrote:The pixel art at the link is quite beautiful :-)
I like the stairs.
I do too. It's a shame I never finished them. I really like his tutorials and idk if it is but it should be in the sticky about pixel art.
MerlinX420
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Matt wrote:
I have been doing good than you never comment on my art about originality. I have to agree with Matt he does not "discouraged an artist" he tells everbody "you suck" so its not exactly directed tword them :p
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

meway wrote:
Matt wrote:
I have been doing good than you never comment on my art about originality. I have to agree with Matt he does not "discouraged an artist" he tells everbody "you suck" so its not exactly directed tword them :p
That's not true either.
This impression is created because of the big amount of ebnrs cycling this forums thus needing me to respond in a appropriate matter, resulting i many "You suck"s.