[WIP]flying monster

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

skipy
Knight
Knight

[WIP]flying monster

Post by skipy »

opening a topic for this so things don't get messy....

here is a moving demo..

still needs a good bit of work...but its a start..

-----------------skipy
Attachments
monster-flying.gif
monster-flying.gif (6.26 KiB) Viewed 3479 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
kickinyourface
Novice
Novice

Re: [WIP]flying monster

Post by kickinyourface »

skipy wrote:opening a topic for this so things don't get messy....

here is a moving demo..

-----------------skipy
nice mob skipy but if i were you i would do 2 pics more one between the first and the second pic in the animation and the other one between the second and the third one.
cuz it seems to me that the flap isn't that liquid it should be.

regards kicks (:
lvl 7X | God made Weed, Men made beer... In God we Trust
yourmistakes wrote::lol: lmfao @ people that think the internet is serious business.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

kickinyourface wrote:
skipy wrote:opening a topic for this so things don't get messy....

here is a moving demo..

-----------------skipy
nice mob skipy but if i were you i would do 2 pics more one between the first and the second pic in the animation and the other one between the second and the third one.
cuz it seems to me that the flap isn't that liquid it should be.

regards kicks (:
i was seeing that to...it needs it.... maybe if it was a humming bird i could get away with 3 ...but this is to big for that need 5 (6 if you count if its not flying).....
other thing will come first but ill chip away at it.....still lots and lots to do for this...

more to come on this sooner thin later i hope...

-----------------------------------------------------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

here is more frames of wings moving....need a little bit of fitting still and clean up..but i think i got the form down :| ...
in my head i see it flying to move and landing and attacking (have got 60% done on attack frames ((not posted))still fitting)....

i was thinking that this -------->http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... n&start=30
could work well with this...

more soon

--------------------skipy
( added attack)
Attachments
monster-flying3.png
monster-flying3.png (75.11 KiB) Viewed 3400 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Hi Skippy

I noticed that your monsters have very blurry textures. This is quite different than the usual crisp pixel-art style of TMW. Your monsters would fit in much better when you would work with a 1px hard pencil brush and a fixed palette of colors.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Crush wrote:Hi Skippy

I noticed that your monsters have very blurry textures. This is quite different than the usual crisp pixel-art style of TMW. Your monsters would fit in much better when you would work with a 1px hard pencil brush and a fixed palette of colors.
Smoke monster?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

thanks for advice ...Crush

the reason for it being like that is just to get the form (shape)....so think of this as a sketch..
after i have i moving right and looking good (like this) i will go back and "hard line" the details in..like inking in comic book art or in older cartoons... before this is done i will go over it with 1px hard pencil brush and a fixed palette of (around 8-15 colors)..

should i keep it in black and white so it can be dye-able???????????

(Reid "Smoke monster?")this started as a "people eater"...and i was thinking of making a Smoke monster with no wings and glowing red eyes..but not this one ... ...i was thinking maybe this was like its like a big pinkie...

--------------skipy :mrgreen:

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

nice skipy. that's would be a nice addition.
really your cranking out some nice stuff and I noticed your off sketching method seems to work to get a rough prototype.
I'll have to get gimp on this ancient thing and try that myself.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

MerlinX420 wrote:nice skipy. that's would be a nice addition.
really your cranking out some nice stuff and I noticed your off sketching method seems to work to get a rough prototype.
I'll have to get gimp on this ancient thing and try that myself.
sketching method may not work for all ..but it helps me get the shape..
thanks for looking....and feel free to mess with it ... :twisted: :mrgreen: ---------skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

here it is closer to done ...fix the fuzziness ..and did some clean up...still lots to do for it...

---------------skipy
Attachments
monster-flying3.png
monster-flying3.png (24.81 KiB) Viewed 3299 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

skipy wrote:here it is closer to done ...fix the fuzziness ..and did some clean up...still lots to do for it...

------------_--skipy
What's wrong with it's mouth?
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

baseballboy wrote:
skipy wrote:here it is closer to done ...fix the fuzziness ..and did some clean up...still lots to do for it...

------------_--skipy
What's wrong with it's mouth?
not sure ....you tell me..

----------skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

wow it looks very nice IMO.
that make me remenber an topic an other flying monster

Lien... & Wario
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

lien wrote:wow it looks very nice IMO.
that make me remenber an topic an other flying monster

Lien... & Wario
i do like that one as well and hope that some one finishes it some day....imo it looks close to done ......i did some more to the one i am working on...
---------skipy
Attachments
monster-flying3.png
monster-flying3.png (27.03 KiB) Viewed 3172 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

This mob would be perfect for the crypt. Can you finish it off?

I do have one suggestion: make its mouth open and close slightly across the diff move frames. You could use the default closed frame, the 1rst attack frame where its only slightly open, and maybe a new in-between frame if necessary. This would give some movement to an otherwise stagnant large portion of the mob.