setzer quest is down??

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

skipy
Knight
Knight

setzer quest is down??

Post by skipy »

setzer quest is down?? i tried to help some one get theres today ...and no luck on starting it.....not sure what the problem may be or if there is one...(maybe a bug?

--------------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: setzer quest is down??

Post by Crush »

Can you please be a bit more specific which part of the quest doesn't work?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

nicholas(npc) is not letting the quest start...(dose not offer to make your sword stronger)...

i do not have a any names of my own that cant do the quest.....and was helping a other player at the time...she had a short-sword , is lvl 61 and and had plenty of ore.....

if there is some thing im over looking i apologies for wasting your time ...

-----------------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

In order to continue rip off the little guy, the powers that be, have decided that everything is to cheap for the poor guy. So they are going to make it harder, and if possible, impossible to get anywhere in the game, to protect the rich from either spending their money, and from people becoming richer, the developers have decided to balance the economic problems on the poor. See united states government and bank bailouts for there prime example.

To do the seltzer quest you need(if I remember right) 10 ingots not ores. So you need 50 ores, 10k, and 100 coal on top of the other stuff already needed by the quest. The powers that be have decided that the lvl 60's are the ones that are destroying the economy and have decided to make it really hard to
get anywhere in the game, also see the united states economy.

It if funny because this has zero effect on the already wealthy, which are just storing the money until the poor scream uncle. Which is what the rich always have done. Which is what people holding power have always done for them. Take from the poor, while letting the rich slide.

So the simple answer is. She now needs ingots not ore.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Ignore the above

it is 3 ingots and 6 coal.

So you need 15 ore, 3k, and 30 coal to get the 3 ingots. Sorry for not looking at the code before posting, the rest still stands.

L_SetzerQuest:
319 if ( (countitem("IngotIron") < 3) | (countitem("Coal") < 6) ) goto L_SetzerNoIngot;
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Skipy, did your friend get monster oil offered yet? I believe the problem is related to the forest bow quest, which must be completed. If there is still an issue I'll look more into it.
Current character is "Abolish".
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Wombat wrote:Skipy, did your friend get monster oil offered yet? I believe the problem is related to the forest bow quest, which must be completed. If there is still an issue I'll look more into it.
I am soo tired of asking this, but in what stretch of the most twisted imagination does a melee fighter have to complete a range fighters' quest to get a melee weapon?
Tiana
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Tiana »

The player in question did at least get to the part of making monster oil. From my chats with her she just did not have the correct items in her inventory to have Nicholas offer to upgrade the short sword. Once she did all was fine!

Thanks to those who offered advice and assistance :)
Tiana - former GM of TMW
Forum avatar designed for me by my dear friend skipy