BHI goes agains Privat RO-Server.

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Ultramichy
Peon
Peon

BHI goes agains Privat RO-Server.

Post by Ultramichy »

I found a Artikel on a German page, where they say that the BHI (the german RO company) is going against Pserver.

They also go against User who manipulate the client, and using the files (data.grf, graphics, etc).

Maybe this will be a problem in the future.
Sorry for my bad english.

I'm from Germany.
jui-feng
Peon
Peon

Post by jui-feng »

yes, this is a problem.

another prob is, that ro-clients could connect to the vidar-testserver we use. this is not good. maybe we should forget new_zone01.gat, delete all maps from vidar-server, and create some NEW tmw-map? And maybe we should even change a packet sent by login-server to prevent clients connecting to it.

:/
:> poor english i know ^^ hope you understood a half.. <:

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

As what I know we're not manipulating the client neither using its graphic or something else so we don't need to fear RO companies (maybe Squaresoft...). I found interesting instead the problem of the RO clients connecting to my test-server. Tha_Harbinger told me he is programming the tool to made us change the maps, so when we'll have differents maps there's no further reason because they connect to mine as it won't work. At this time maybe I can rename all the maps in vidar so the RO client doesn't recognize them, but it's a lot of work... or maybe we can chenge the login packet as jui suggested: maybe I have to ask if kth5 has already created the login server so we should modify it or I can create one while rewriting network routines.
VDM
Peon
Peon

Post by VDM »

Not intrested in making your own server and protocol?
Posts++
Chetic
Novice
Novice

Post by Chetic »

That's not alot of fun is it?..
Quote of the year:
<Sull> the diff with GPL and priced software,GPL is faster to install cause you dont have to put a crack/serial

xD
VDM
Peon
Peon

Post by VDM »

Might be, depends on what motivates you.
Posts++
Chetic
Novice
Novice

Post by Chetic »

you do it then :P
Quote of the year:
<Sull> the diff with GPL and priced software,GPL is faster to install cause you dont have to put a crack/serial

xD
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well TMW was born with the idea to grow as fast as possible so using a premade server was a forced choice. Anyway I'm sure in the future we will have a custom server (Alex and fabs are already working on a fully customizable rpg server) but also if someone is skilled in making game servers then they're welcome to start their own projects, maybe I can help on that but not that much...