Player-set 1.5

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: Player-set 1.5

Post by Reid »

I do the .gif now

Edit : Why you use a big picture to do 16frames?... oO

Edit 2 : The weird gif
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Reid wrote:Image
I do the .gif now

Edit : Why you use a big picture to do 16frames?... oO

Edit 2 : The weird gif

shading sweetie, shading. Easier to get everything to match up if you see everything.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I'm not accepting this kind of behavior here. Reid, you have another priority you are working on, continue that. Darkwater, you volunteered to work on this Player-set for this game, do that and stop with the sniping.
Current character is "Abolish".
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

wow, wombat you really need to calm down. That kind of attitude will drive away people from helping your project. I was just trying to explain why I was using a big frame. It was not sniping. I place a shading model next to the model I am working on so I have a reference.

As for you attitude, if you think you are god here, good, make the game yourself! But if you think you are going to ask for help and make demands at the same time, you have lost the battle before you even started.

Now how about you look to your work and stop ordering people around.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Darkwater, you are no longer wanted for art work on these projects. I am relieving you of your art duties. If you want to continue independently, you can submit a patch to the git repo of your work. If you want to change how you approach people, perhaps we'll work with each other again in the future. I do not see that happening now.

Once we are done with our current priorities, either I or someone else will complete the player set, unless you beat us to it. Good luck on either path you take.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

I just wanted do a gif and finish a bit her work.. :oops:
btw, I send 2 time the same files... if you want to see the gif...
player_female_base.gif
player_female_base.gif (8.46 KiB) Viewed 3155 times
*run on her npc's xml*
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Wombat wrote:Darkwater, you are no longer wanted for art work on these projects. I am relieving you of your art duties. If you want to continue independently, you can submit a patch to the git repo of your work. If you want to change how you approach people, perhaps we'll work with each other again in the future. I do not see that happening now.

Once we are done with our current priorities, either I or someone else will complete the player set, unless you beat us to it. Good luck on either path you take.
If that is how the whole development team feels, ok.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

started thinking about a one handed swing....and im also thing of redoing one of the mirrored side frames to give the players a left and right side.....wile i was thinking of this and playing with shapes ...a question came to mind ...is it plausible that the arms of the player sprite to be on a other sheet ?? so the hands and arms can pass over the sprite with out getting in the way of other stuff like helms....doing this may make equipment pixeling easier in the long run... anyway just a idea ....tell me what you think..

--------------------skipy
Attachments
one hand swing.png
one hand swing.png (3.95 KiB) Viewed 3061 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

DarkWater wrote:If that is how the whole development team feels, ok.
There was nothing in your posts I found disagreeable. And even if there was I don't see how attitude on the forums matters if you want to contribute and are doing so. I also don't understand what Wombat meant when he said he was relieving you of your duties - you had none. Maybe he's going to find someone else to work on the playerset and ignore yours until you've finished, but that's a terribly silly thing to do. Why waste pixelling time by having two people race each other on the one thing?

Ignore Wombat and keep going. I doubt he'll actually decline your art when you present it.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i started trying to fix the side attack frames with the start of non-mirror sprites..legs still need fixing...but the idea is there...

--------------skipy
Attachments
otherside.png
otherside.png (3.79 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I don't think that it is a good idea not to mirror the side view sprites. It increases the work for equipment artists but has almost no benefit. Also note that almost every commercial game mirrors side view sprites without anyone complaining about it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Crush wrote:I don't think that it is a good idea not to mirror the side view sprites. It increases the work for equipment artists but has almost no benefit. Also note that almost every commercial game mirrors side view sprites without anyone complaining about it.
i do agree ....for some odd reason i had it in my head that this was on the to do list and needed to be done as to show a shield on the player and so the dagger dose not change hand when attacking.... i am wrong i will gladly stop....i was just trying to help get some of the important stuff done..and move to better stuff......my bad
-------skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I have no authority to decide on priorities at the moment. I am just stating my personal opinion. Rotonen and Wombat have a say on this.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

We are mirroring frames. It will keep it simple for the equipment artists to fix and make new equipment.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'd say: 1 prepare frame, 2 frame swing. Currently your swing is 1 frame and you have a 3 frame prepare cycle?
This message used to be meaningful.