Opinions on 012-4

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Mr Anonymous
Novice
Novice

Re: Opinions on 012-4

Post by Mr Anonymous »

bigglesworth wrote: PVP may ruin the enjoyment as it's a good distance from the closest soul menhir in Hurnscald.
Instead of removing pvp, is it possible to have a soul menhir in the cave? or just outside of it where Blossom is?

Regards, :twisted:
We are Anonymous.
we are legion.
we do not forgive, we do not forget.
we can be horrible, senseless, uncaring monsters.
we are still able to deliver.
Expect us.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Okay, opinions, as you wish:

- The terranite gear looks different, and it's nice to have some variety to mix and match.
-The terranites themselves are pretty awesome, and are difficult enough to pose a challenge without being overkill.
-The map is huge, which is nice so people don't camp every spawn point (even if they still do here, haha).
-PVP gets lots of complaints, but I enjoy it.
-Mogguns are a fun swarm monster, and easy enough that not only high lvl players can kill them. Plus they're so damn ugly they're cute.

-Issue # 1: Terranite Legs Armor say +8 defense, yet only give 5 defense, plus a small other bonus.
-Issue # 2: Terranite Chest Armor says +30 defense, yet only gives 15, plus some other bonus/es.

The gear is still cool, but maybe either fix the description, or actually give them the defense they say, whichever works :P.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Thanks mr.grey for the bug report, I'll add it to my list. There will be a few adjustments to fix some of these early problems. My apologies for releasing the armor without a great reflection on what the xml reads.
Current character is "Abolish".
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Oh hey no need to apologize, it's still awesome haha. Besides, you find out the problems faster when multiple people see them in game I find.

Besides, the heart glasses description has been wrong for months lol, noone seems that hurt about it :P.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

ok there were many bugs in the cave:

-The over-layer was sometimes invisible when it should not have been
- the collisionlayer was incomplete (one pillar was missing)

So here is a fix for that. (just stuff mentioned above has been changed.)
Attachments
012-4.tmx.zip
(24.58 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
---
Peon
Peon

Post by 1234 »

@the dark finder. my apologies tdf. i was out of line on my part.
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

after playing some time there i come to the conclusion, the terranite quest isn't worth it. it's for grinding players and for such in search of some new outfit regardless of it's use. i don't want to play that much actually to get such an amout of items and money. (not to talk about the gem quests, yet.)

also the armor you get is not as good as warlord armor - it's better for mages, ok, but when the assassin's armor will be released, terranite won't be good for anyone anymore i think.

the mine is maybe a bit too far away and hidden, at least for ppl just searching for coal. a warp point could help out for the first issue, but just for the richer chars of course.

talking about coal: it's not just the terranite quests that need very much of it, but if you wanna buy regular armor (normally you wanna buy it below lvl 60 i guess), you already need to have a somewhat high level and much grinding time for getting the needed coal. i would recommend lowering the coal-prices for iron ingots and maybe adding some easier monsters that also drop coal. (or, for the variety of game experience, some ability to get coal without killing monsters.)

i'm not sure about the pvp. it makes the stronger chars getting even more kills, and thus making the weaker ones getting very frustrated completing the quests ever. but maybe these are quests for the highest and richest, then it probably's ok.

but then, maybe quests should be classified for their use or expensiveness, also more hints could be included, where to find or complete which quest. some kind of quest guide inside of the game - yet ppl are asking each other or looking up the wiki, so it seems to be needed.

i remember someone talking about terranites could be magical beings, to explain the magical power of the gems. but it would be incoherent with the fact that terranite armor still lowers your magic.

away from those issues, i like the new mine, it's design and the new monsters. ok the mogguns are really ugly, but it makes them somewhat funny.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

kinwa wrote: ok the mogguns are really ugly

Liar!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
My little mogguns are so sweet :oops:

The map is really awesome... It's fun to walk on ^^ but I wonder what do the skeleton on a map far away from the graveyard?... :wink:
Maybe undead people who wanted kill terranite monster....

After that.. I think who this quest/map/Monsters are really awesome, i just need to found the time to play... ^^
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

personally, i love the map. we need more huge maps like this.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

kinwa...would you think the assassin gear is an equipment set for 90+ characters? The terranite equipment might need more feedback after its bugs are fixed in the next reset. It isn't really for mages. Rather, the armor is to favor archers more.

For assassin gear, I'd rather it be for the high agililty/high crit class that has yet to shine out in the game as separate from the warrior class (i.e. rogue/assassin class). While the terranite can be a happy medium between the two.

On the other hand, maybe terranite should be adjusted into a mage armor and the assassin armor made more explicitly for the previous mentioned rogue/assassin class type?

Feedback on this would be great to help me determine which armor is meant for which class type.
Current character is "Abolish".
Ventole
Peon
Peon

Post by Ventole »

Wombat wrote:kinwa...would you think the assassin gear is an equipment set for 90+ characters? The terranite equipment might need more feedback after its bugs are fixed in the next reset. It isn't really for mages. Rather, the armor is to favor archers more.

For assassin gear, I'd rather it be for the high agililty/high crit class that has yet to shine out in the game as separate from the warrior class (i.e. rogue/assassin class). While the terranite can be a happy medium between the two.

On the other hand, maybe terranite should be adjusted into a mage armor and the assassin armor made more explicitly for the previous mentioned rogue/assassin class type?

Feedback on this would be great to help me determine which armor is meant for which class type.
My opinion is that the Terranite armour be adjusted to be a mage armour because Terranites are already somewhat magical beings. The Assassin armour should be for its own class, however that would also mean the release of weapons for that class (*looks at bone darts and the jackal*).
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

The new maps are great...the new monsters are good too.

100 coal is a bit extreme but do-able as long as you have the patience for those ugly Muppet rejects...the 10 Terranites, again a bit extreme but for someone with patience, is still achievable. It's nice having something for a higher level to work on getting, just not sure the armor is completely worth it.

For now...I'll be living in the caves I guess...

Dy
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

I like that map a lot
Especially that pvp is on there. For the simple fact that people have think twice if they wanna piss you off. Because if they do they get killed by someone.
So it is pretty much a calm place which i like.
Also really huge, you can totally get lost. First time I entered i had to kill myself because i didn't find the exit *lol*
Maybe some signs for the way to the cave wouldn't be too bad. I put blue arrows on fhe floor for me (with the mana plus patch) but not everyone has the patch.
At least some npc or a sign that tells you for example that there is that cave in the north-east or so... the sign could be at the blossom... something like that...

Also the terranites are nice to fight. They are not too fast and not to slow, they hit hard enough that you need really really good stats or you have to team up.
I find the xp you get fair. The drop rate is a bit low on the terranites.

The Moguns are really cool mobs. I love them. Exactly right for someone around lets say lvl 60 or so...

The long way also keeps most of the trolls away because who wants to go there, troll and get killed for it? not worth the effort. And this is also the reason why i would not like a soul menhir or a warp point there (sorry guys, kill me for that)

As for the quest.
When I saw what you need for it I decided not to do it. I hate grinding or wasting my GP for something that isn't better than what I already have.
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

if you are using the 4144 patch, just throw down a marker.

Face the direction you want the marker to point. tap the numpad 5 key. Then right click on the marker to give it a name ( to outside). You can auto walk to them when you want to escape, just press the right shift and letter/number (they will auto quick key themselves) of the arrow and you will walk back to that point, and now you know which way to go.

Of course be-careful, the ghp has decided that any automation is evil and will start to hound you if they think you are not manually writing machine code directly to the client every time you want to do anything.

So remember if you are asked, tell them you are entering all the code manually. To take one step is, 000100101000100010001110010100101110101, so they do not think you are using any automation.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

DarkWater wrote:Of course be-careful, the ghp has decided that any automation is evil and will start to hound you if they think you are not manually writing machine code directly to the client every time you want to do anything.
Keep lying about the GHP and you may find yourself banned. We have no problem with automation, as long as a human is there to watch it and respond to the GMs.