A number of MrWho's cronies fraudently said they could ban

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
BackAssward
Peon
Peon

A number of MrWho's cronies fraudently said they could ban

Post by BackAssward »

So it seems that, again for doing nothing, a bunch of players implied they had 'the connections' to get me baned. Also, they said they could make fake screen shots of whispers I never made, in order to facilitate this banning.

I didn't keep a complete list (the chat window only goes so high), but of the ones I saw: Mistakes, Arph3tic, kicksbestchar, to name a few (they did implicate MrWho as being a part of it).

Screenshot attached.

BackAssward.

Edit: Oh P.s. I don't know if Narus or Tiana are still admins, but they know of the previous attempts to discredit me.
Attachments
stupid chats.jpg
stupid chats.jpg (103.91 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
kickinyourface
Novice
Novice

Re: A number of MrWho's cronies fraudently said they could b

Post by kickinyourface »

BackAssward wrote:I didn't keep a complete list (the chat window only goes so high), but of the ones I saw: Mistakes, Arph3tic, kicksbestchar, to name a few (they did implicate MrWho as being a part of it).
wow i'm posting so much on this screenshot. a number + 2 words. :lol:
lvl 7X | God made Weed, Men made beer... In God we Trust
yourmistakes wrote::lol: lmfao @ people that think the internet is serious business.
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

:lol: lmfao @ people that think the internet is serious business.
BackAssward
Peon
Peon

Post by BackAssward »

So is the issue that the client can't keep long records? That people acting like pricks isn't important? Or that a game shouldn't be fun, rather one with pricks acting freely?

I fail to see the point of any of the responses. If a game is to be fun, the people not making it fun, shouldn't be allowed to do so. If the game isn't supposed to be fun, why all the programming?

Seriously, the responses lack logic.

Edit: To clarify: If a players fun comes from Duck with another. That is not the intent of a game like this. Also, the mods and admins should be pissed when a player acts like they are a mod or admin.

To say that as a petty person, bored, with nothing to do, they tell other they have control over them, they lessen the game. When I was a mod/admin (in other places), I would make sure to remove people who's fun was done by Duck with others, and FOR SURE to get rid of anyone who said they could ban others.

I assumed this place had the same level of professionalism.
kickinyourface
Novice
Novice

Post by kickinyourface »

BackAssward wrote:So is the issue that the client can't keep long records? That people acting like pricks isn't important? Or that a game shouldn't be fun, rather one with pricks acting freely?
lol u could actually have 50 screenshots of ALL parts of the chat and you would see i didn't insult anyone/break another rule. So why are you calling me a prick? i should report you man. :lol:
lvl 7X | God made Weed, Men made beer... In God we Trust
yourmistakes wrote::lol: lmfao @ people that think the internet is serious business.
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

yeah, he's definitely abusing you there kicks. players like that need to be banned.
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

Screenshots are no prove for anything. This includes your screenshots of the conversation.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Topic need to be closed.

You can't be ban with a (fake) screenshot...
*kick strongly her head*
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

joey wrote:So is the issue that the client can't keep long records? That people acting like pricks isn't important? Or that a game shouldn't be fun, rather one with pricks acting freely?

I fail to see the point of any of the responses. If a game is to be fun, the people not making it fun, shouldn't be allowed to do so. If the game isn't supposed to be fun, why all the programming?
here is the problem: each person's idea of fun probably varies significantly. the people not making it fun shouldn't be allowed to do so? i'm not sure if you're conveying the idea you meant to there . . but there are quite a few people that don't explicitly make this game fun for me. like all those afkers who sit in town and do nothing. they aren't making the game fun for me . . . ban them!
joey wrote:Edit: To clarify: If a players fun comes from Duck with another.
what?
Turmfalke wrote:Screenshots are no prove for anything. This includes your screenshots of the conversation.
yeah, i told him that too, but he doesn't listen
don't worry, joey . . i'm sure you knew what you were trying to say
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

First off: Nobody there claimed to be a GM, which is the only thing complained about here that could maybe get someone in trouble. I don't think claiming you have connections would be enough to be accused of impersonating an admin.

Second: As said, screenshots prove nothing, since people can easily make fake screenshots on custom servers.

Third: The admins' job is not to make sure people act nice. GMs enforce the actual rules, by botchecking, giving warnings to those who spam too much or refuse to speak english in public, and generally keeping the peace (to the extent of not allowing player arguments to take over and affect everyone, not settling petty player squabbles). Honestly, you can be as much of a jerk as you please, just like in most games, as long as you know when not to cross the line.

@Mistakes: LOL, no, don't ban pwet! He will return, greater and worse than ever before!

Basically - Not only is this not enough to demand MrWho be banned, but saying the same of those who were on his side is kind of silly. In general, people will only mess with you if you show that it bothers you, or react in an amusing manner. If you just chilled out and laughed when people try to get under your skin, you'd find most will stop trying.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

Joey how dare you drag MrWho's name into this scandal???
Everyone knows he is a good christian and he never ever did nothing wrong to anyone. I remember the good things he did and all the little kids he helped (not in the same matter you treat little kids JOEY).
He was the Ghandi of this game, he always avoided conflicts and always preached for world peace.

I don't know him personally but I've heard only good things of him. I'm sure there is a GOD above who watches your forum post and he will punish you for discrediting his name.

God bless you all

PS: Little kids stay away from JOEY!!!
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
BackAssward
Peon
Peon

Post by BackAssward »

Well.
Attachments
Stupid Chat2.jpg
Stupid Chat2.jpg (105.26 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Stupid chat mean that I am stupid?
If I want hug a squirrel, it's my problem.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You all know that screenshots aren't accepted as proof for abuse. Noone has a case here, so please stop wasting the time of the game masters by posting in the court house forum.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.