[REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

Post by Merlin »

Since I'm not sure that my word-press blog doesn't distort the png somehow I've decided to include all files in a tar ball.
http://digitalmasterminds.net/wp-conten ... ets.tar.gz

The updated Fringe sets include a single tile set and a x3 high set to help with the mapping.
If you need the extra tall stuff broken off the x1 set to a taller set let me know.
I've made different colored and framed windows but they might be considered to "bright" for anything other then the first lvl.
I've included some rudimentary shadows that should serve as enough to make things look alright.
If all things are considered acceptable then I would like to freeze layout on these sets. I did make them with extra room so I can expand or add on as needed and I'm still open for other odds and ends that people come up with that might add to the set.
I would like any mappers to take notes as I will about certain things you can't depict in this set. (Some odd ends or ways to end or intersect walls just aren't in this set.) I would like to make sure the people who did some of this art work I ripped up are attributed so make sure if you did any of this you are on the pixel tag. :)
Skipy I put you candles on the fringe. ty for you help with those even with all the gear and npcs you are doing. I would also like to get I's block-wall set committed as well unless he feels it's not ready.

I can't say I did a real good job on this, I did a quick job. I hate having to rip on a perfectly good tileset but I think I came up with a suitable set for our crypt and the recolor could serve as other inside's of structures.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

this is going to make the Crypt_indoor look and feel grate ...i may just have to camp there..
good work (imo) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
i may add to this if some thing pops in my head...but i dont have anything in mind..
-------------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

ok, i am trying to make a map with this tileset, but i have some questions.

A: How can i make a curve to the right again?
The offset of the wall positions is different in the shown tiles, which tile to use?

B: The upper wall is not as height as the lower wall, especially the middle piece is missing for corners.
So you have to do tricky workarounds with multiple layers to get a wall making this curve which is in usual height of 3 tiles.

C:
IMHO the shadows are a bit strange. There are a very bright pixels at the left of the stair ending.
EDIT: just put an extra shadow layer over it, now it seems pretty nice.

Pjotr
---
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

the tiles dont got the same effect and lightcolor... It's a crypt, dont got thousand source of light... ^^

Maybe do the column more .. 'dark blue'?..
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I could show you how to make that turn.

Run a wall along the path and use a sidewall over it till you hit the corner.
I can't actually show you. I can't even work on this set anymore.

Seems that both my computers died this weekend and I am without anything atm to work on.
I'm glad I posted these files up and have them on a usb stick, but some of my stuff wasn't so lucky.
There's alot of things that I think were never done for this set and I really don't know what I was going to do about adding stuff on if he was even going to finish this particular set.

If someone wants to continue on making alterations or changes feel free as I can't work on this anymore.
I am very disturbed at the loss of my computer and don't know if I will get back to working on this in due time.
Wish you guys the best of luck with the crypt project and I'll be stopping in once in awhile when I can borrow a computer here and there.

"It's dead Jim!"
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

ok can you show me please detailed how to make that curve, merlin.
Just tried it over and over again. I did not get it.

Pjotr
---
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Here's an attempt to show you how to make that corner.
The back wall on on the ground layer. The shadows go on the top layer to overlay the sprite, then the sidewall is drawn on the over layer to go over the shadows and the back wall to form the cornner that you see in my example.

I am not quite understanding if this is what you mean. You talk about a "curve" and there is no curve in this example.
Attachments
example.png
example.png (48.13 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

After looking again at your post I think I understand you problem.
The walls are not set the same. You can't get what your wanting with this tileset atm. Your just gonna have to use straight turned corners instead of curves in some places. It's actually on my list for addons but I will not be getting to that till I get a new system and that will not be ready till well after this planned release.
Attachments
exapmle2.png
exapmle2.png (51.2 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
MerlinX420
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

MerlinX420 wrote:After looking again at your post I think I understand you problem.
The walls are not set the same. You can't get what your wanting with this tileset atm. Your just gonna have to use straight turned corners instead of curves in some places. It's actually on my list for addons but I will not be getting to that till I get a new system and that will not be ready till well after this planned release.
How much time will you need? In other words, what is the estimated time of arrival for your new system?
Current character is "Abolish".
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

(Merlin goes and puts GIMP on the CNC Machine)

I went and made some additions to the fringe x1 set that should provide the parts needed.
I believe these were the corners you were trying to make. (also I included an offset copy of the windows. I like them better centered myself.) I just put them on the fringe set to avoid having to create another tileset when this one wasn't even full.

(Unrelated note: I found a Leveno Laptop from a person in Chicago on craigslist that is a great deal. I should be getting it in a few days. Just found it yesterday and should be figuring when I am getting the cash and getting there today.)

Attachments
exampleofnew.png
exampleofnew.png (241.95 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
MerlinX420
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Not elegant and done yet, but deemed mapping-safe?
This message used to be meaningful.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Rotonen wrote:Not elegant and done yet, but deemed mapping-safe?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. All previous sets are locked in layout so I would say it's safe to map with the sets. Any changes wouldn't effect the existing set.

If there isn't any other wall or block parts needed I can start re-doing these same additions to the normal block wall set.
I would like to get that in a use-able state so I can finish my roof project. GIMP runs like such a sloth on this old thing that working with it is a major pain.

Hopefully any direction wall combination can be made with these tiles. I experimented with them briefly myself and seem to be satisfied with the workability. This isn't a very refined set but all together I think this will give us a suitable crypt environment and other possible uses. I actually plan on using this set to make the pass under dimonds cove finally.
MerlinX420
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

You are still using obsolete version on block walls :P
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i wrote:You are still using obsolete version on block walls :P
is there a other version ....it would be helpful if you could post it...

----skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

i wrote:You are still using obsolete version on block walls :P
I'm using the last one you posted on your blog and it's the same as the one in the CR1 repo.
If there's a new version then I've never seen it. :) Version 0.0.4
http://forums.themanaworld.org/download ... hp?id=1060
MerlinX420