[REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

Post by Rotonen »

MerlinX420 wrote:
Rotonen wrote:Not elegant and done yet, but deemed mapping-safe?
I'm not quite sure what you mean.
As we both said, the tileset layout is locked, but not all tiles are finished?
Attachments
wall-inconsistencies.png
wall-inconsistencies.png (165.17 KiB) Viewed 2833 times
This message used to be meaningful.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Rotonen wrote:
MerlinX420 wrote:
Rotonen wrote:Not elegant and done yet, but deemed mapping-safe?
I'm not quite sure what you mean.
As we both said, the tileset layout is locked, but not all tiles are finished?
I think that was just bad layering by me done on the fly.
Yes the tiles could use some finishing touches.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Haven't time to read all this right now, so not sure if it's been mentioned, but where the walls meet the floor the latter should be in front of the former a bit. The wall should sit among the stones, not on them. If that makes sense.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

skipy wrote:is there a other version ....it would be helpful if you could post it...
Why should I?
kickinyourface
Novice
Novice

Post by kickinyourface »

i wrote:
skipy wrote:is there a other version ....it would be helpful if you could post it...
Why should I?
cuz otherwise no one will buy your chainsaws anymore :P
lvl 7X | God made Weed, Men made beer... In God we Trust
yourmistakes wrote::lol: lmfao @ people that think the internet is serious business.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

kickinyourface wrote: cuz otherwise no one will buy your chainsaws anymore :P
Actually those are German chainsaws :P Give me another reason... please.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i wrote:
Why should I?
for the betterment of the game...and for the enjoyment of the people that play the game....
:roll:

---------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

poison_ivy wrote:Haven't time to read all this right now, so not sure if it's been mentioned, but where the walls meet the floor the latter should be in front of the former a bit. The wall should sit among the stones, not on them. If that makes sense.
A lose floor (Dirt,grass,straw,gravel) would be above the bottom lvl of the floor just slightly. To make it look like the pavers protrude I could raise them, but then that would be custom floor/wall tiles for every wall bottom and that would break layout. If it was a flat floor the wall would be built on top of the floor.

If Irk doesn't want to release it before it's ready he doesn't have to. The first time he suggested I was using an outdated set I went digging thru the forums and the tmw git and couldn't find a newer one. Crush I think posted the link that was on Irk's blog and it had the same 0.0.4 version I was using. I have limited resources and have alot of chaos in my life atm and I don't have the time to nit pick and play games to get a project done. I get it to do what we need it to do and move on to the next.

I was able to edit up a set that serves the purpose to portray a crypt environment in a short period of time because I was able to use the set that Irk previously released as a gpl tileset. (among the other tmw art and helpfull suggestions along way)
If he updates and releases a final version then I will revise my editing of his set into a new set that will maintain layout.

I will try to make the correct top corner turns that Rotonen pointed out. I think I just over-layered stuff for alot of tight turns to show the even and odd set transitions. (The tight circle shapes could be nice)

If there's anything else that the mapper needs or that should be done immediately before layout is froze and work goes to FND I need to know now as I might not get anything done for a few more days if not a week or even longer considering alot of my future is up in the air atm.
Last edited by Merlin on 23 Sep 2010, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

I think whatever sort of floor it was the wall would be built first, then the floor laid around it.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

poison_ivy wrote:I think whatever sort of floor it was the wall would be built first, then the floor laid around it.

Have you built a block wall? A load bearing block wall mind you? It would sit on concrete. This is a stone floor that seems rather flat. I have many times with many different materials. I know how a wall is built.
I wouldn't put a load-bearing wall in dirt where it could sink. It would be on the base foundation.
(edit:sorry if I seem rude but I'm kinda cranky atm! XD )

One thing I did was try and keep the tiles so that they build the same way as Irk's block-walls. I wasn't going to alter total wall layout. That's they way he made the walls and I kept them that way.
MerlinX420
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

ImageImage

Not the best job I've ever done, but hopefully you can see what I mean.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Unless Irk plans on changing that bottom on his whole set, I'm not gonna make this set dimensionally different then the original block wall set. Needless to say the wall would not be "In" the floor. It's on top of it.

Now that would be the way to do it if I had a tile floor or a wood floor that was layered on top of the real foundation.
Those would be floors that are laid around the wall.

I see no difference except the bottom block is a little smaller.
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

After looking at it again I noticed that irregularities that Rotonen pointed out are from the original work and has been fixed in I's latest release. The layout is still locked but I will attempt to make the changes based off what he has done to improve upon the block set.
MerlinX420
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

MerlinX420 wrote:Unless Irk plans on changing that bottom on his whole set, I'm not gonna make this set dimensionally different then the original block wall set. Needless to say the wall would not be "In" the floor. It's on top of it.
Primo - I'm not planning
Secundo - My author code is Iru not Irk (it's also placed on my wikipage http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/User:Irukard)
MerlinX420 wrote:After looking at it again I noticed that irregularities that Rotonen pointed out are from the original work and has been fixed in I's latest release. The layout is still locked but I will attempt to make the changes based off what he has done to improve upon the block set.
I'm not so sure that I fixed that consciously. Better check it twice. For next week I managed to finish gateway and some windows.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

/facepalm

Now if I didn't lose all the stuff I had as temp files I would be able to change all that in a second. (I really need to get a computer that's mine. I need linux and not this horrible fischer-price os.)

Actually you did fix it in your latest version.
MerlinX420