[WIP] Blue Tile Roof

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: [WIP] Blue Tile Roof

Post by meway »

yay I made Matt respond bwhaha. yea idk. Little off topic.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Since my the editing of the the crypt is just about done I kinda went back an reduced my roof set to a 16x16 tile set.
Still needs a little touching up, but I found this to be enough to make just about any roof combo.
(Some of the 45% wood is off and I seem to have chopped part of the top of the archway off on the window.)
After seeing Ivan's roof for CR1 it makes me want to scrap this one and start over but I think it still goes well with the block wall set and the existing tmw gfx.

MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Another update to the roof. Changed the hip and added a ridge cap. Added some tiles for different transitions. Removed a few redundant tiles. I created a variant of the the front fascia with nails and cut ends. I might do some for the other.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi Merlin,

Is this tileset intended to be included into CR1, too?

Best regards.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

It wasn't originally intended for CR1.
If it is considered suitable then it may also be included in CR1

It's not done and layout isn't frozen just yet. pay no mind to the version 1.0 tag. i'm lazy and didn't feel like re-making the tag. XD
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

After looking around for that window in question, I seen a roof that looks just to much like this one.
I'm scrapping the window and the roof tile to avoid any questionable content.
The tiles are to small and the even set grid causes it to look to tiled.
Technically this window is my 3rd strike and I will not be submitting anymore gfx work to tmw after this is done.
(I still can't find this dang window glass but I'm removing it anyways.)
MerlinX420
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

The idea I just couldn't leave alone came back.
I edited Ivan's Port town roof into the blue tile concept I had.
I initially made errors in my first editing, after talking with Ivan I corrected what I did wrong.
I didn't like the way the woodland road looked with the block walls so I made a road-able set out of Ivan's stone floor.
I chose to mate these to the different ground types to still be able to try and help simplify the layers while mapping.
Using a technique pointed out to me I also mated the bottoms of the block walls to the existing grass.
I plan on using this technique for other ground types if requested/needed in the future.
Getting a realistic wood texture and getting it to tiles isn't that easy. I'm pleased with the limited testing results I have so far. I plan on resurfacing and adding the rest of the trim in the darker more textured pattern.

(Crush you did the grass right? I need to add your name to the tag.)
MerlinX420