VisorHelmet, Barrel & co

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: some pixels...

Post by Matt »

Heh, great idea, Matt approves.

Does it hide you completly while sitting down? :)
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

Matt wrote:Heh, great idea, Matt approves.

Does it hide you completly while sitting down? :)
yes it does... you see only the eyes and the chara name at the front frame.. and just the barrel+chara name at the back frame :lol:
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

The barrel has potential, and I can see a use for it in the somewhat distant future as well.

There are just a few things wrong with it. Unfortunately, the first one of these would require a complete redraw of the item:

Perspective.

If you look at the little barrel and then the small one, you'll notice that the circles are different shapes. Since they're both from a forty-five degree angle, they should both be the same.

If you enlarge the small barrel and draw around its outside on another layer, then delete it, you could fill this in for your larger barrel.

The second one shouldn't be too hard if you're redrawing it anyway:

Texture.

Assuming these barrels are made from the same wood, the texture on each will be the same. That of the original barrel is rough, maybe slightly weathered. Yours seems to be smooth and freshly-cut. Zoom right on the small barrel and look at the way the pixels have been carefully placed - it's not random. Copy this pattern, but not the layout, onto your larger barrel. Because your planks will be wider, you could also draw the wood texture at a larger scale, but not too much. It shouldn't look like it's from a giant tree.

Those metal bandy things.

Three is a good number for such a large barrel, but make sure the middle one is precisely in the centre of them. They could also be a bit wider.

One last thing.

It's not a problem, but it might be cool if, when you're sitting down, the eyeholes disappear.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

The barrel is an excellent idea :lol:

It should even permit to avoid certain monsters, IMHO. Would be fun.

Best regards.
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

i have drawn a new barrel(2) without texture, shade...bla bla bla ...but it have the right perspective... 100:70
poison_ivy wrote:Perspective.

If you look at the little barrel and then the small one, you'll notice that the circles are different shapes. Since they're both from a forty-five degree angle, they should both be the same.
good idea but it doesnt work... cuz i think the player sprites dont follow the forty-five-degree angel rule... if I test the barrel at the chara, then it looks like it want to tilt forward(4)... and each time i look at it i think the side view have to look like this(5)... :shock:
maybe my "wrong perspective" is working better(1&3)...
but thats only my opinion... please improve me if i am wrong
Attachments
New Vs Old.png
New Vs Old.png (16.69 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

I guess I see what you mean.

Do you think you can fix the misplaced ring (hoop?) and mimic the texture of the small barrel?
Last edited by enchilado on 28 Sep 2010, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I like the tilt. Adds a comedic factor. Aggro shouldn't attack when you are sitting in the barrel. Or they should and the barrel has HP and would break leaving a naked Guy sitting there
sexy red bearded GM
Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

Post by Coolkid 782 »

Aggro shouldn't attack when you are sitting in the barrel. Or they should and the barrel has HP and would break leaving a naked Guy sitting there
and you could repair the barrel with raw logs and iron ingots/iron ore, creating a (kind of funny) quest.
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

Big Crunch wrote:I like the tilt. Adds a comedic factor. Aggro shouldn't attack when you are sitting in the barrel. Or they should and the barrel has HP and would break leaving a naked Guy sitting there
:lol: rofl :lol:

ok here are 2 new front frames... 1xstay & 1xsit ... new shadings and texture...the sit down frame have some dark transparent pixelzzz at the eyeholes... or spyholes? :mrgreen:
Attachments
barrel2-2frames.png
barrel2-2frames.png (6.79 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Beautiful! Unless another pixel-artist comes along and disagrees, I'd say those are perfect.

I think I already know how this can be used, but it won't be until after Hallowe'en. Page bookmarked so I won't forget about it :) .
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

here is the final version...
Attachments
barrel2.0-FinalVersion.png
barrel2.0-FinalVersion.png (16.42 KiB) Viewed 2269 times
kickinyourface
Novice
Novice

Post by kickinyourface »

ChefChelios wrote:here is the final version...
would like to see the death frame with playersprite once pls
lvl 7X | God made Weed, Men made beer... In God we Trust
yourmistakes wrote::lol: lmfao @ people that think the internet is serious business.
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

:twisted: rip :twisted:
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_7.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_7.png (37.54 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
JatLee
Novice
Novice

Post by JatLee »

ChefChelios wrote::twisted: rip :twisted:

Lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Regards Jat Lee.
kickinyourface
Novice
Novice

Post by kickinyourface »

ChefChelios wrote::twisted: rip :twisted:
lvl 7X | God made Weed, Men made beer... In God we Trust
yourmistakes wrote::lol: lmfao @ people that think the internet is serious business.