Opinions on 012-4

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Arphetic
Novice
Novice

Re: Opinions on 012-4

Post by Arphetic »

A big map with PvP turned on is the best thing i've seen in this game since I started playing.
bcs86 wrote:This game is a long way from looking like something people could take seriously.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

Hello, Image
now i like to comment new maps&quest too, first i wanted to experience new things and I would say, I am at 33% of the whole quest. Time for a comment.

Wombat wrote:How do you like 012-4?
More monsters on the map? Less?
Terranite...too hard...too easy (should be difficult for 80+ characters to defeat)?
I am really happy to see something happens, big thank you to development team. New nice designed monsters, new equipment, new quests and new cave map seems for me well balanced, inclusive monster strenghts and droprates. I like it Image
Wombat wrote:Should Diryn offer a warp to 012-4?
I like travel cheap, so i dont use, but to have this possibility is well.
Wombat wrote:Should we enable pvp on 012-4?
Normally i like to have a PvP maps, its an option to use for events, like friendly battles or like "last Pinkie standing". But some dark mages abuse their powers to kill low leveled friendly people or poor warriors or mighty Pinkies for fun. Such players could get an 24 hours evil-flag, where they must run around naked or something else Image
Wombat wrote:Terranite Equipment, once it is acquired...pleasing or no? What could make it better?
Until now, i havent got any terranite equitment... I test it later
Wombat wrote:Any other suggestions?
Yes...
1.) Terranite monsters should get a better name, because they really look like Golems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem) and it could be a well background story
2.) Emeralds could be dropped by green Slime, like topaz by yellow slime and ruby by red slime. That would be the first reason to hunt green slime, or?
3.) A revival stone, a fireplace and some benches to sit would be nice at entrance to PvP-map
4.) One or two Jackos could appear from time to time at different places and follow a specific way to search some mages to eat Image
5.) For me, Mogguns would better fit to ice caves, they look like snow monsters
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

what about a warning sign for pvp, even better if it explains, why pvp is possible here and nowhere else?

if i only could use rain spell against their lightning... why not an outside pvp map also, maybe some day?

what would be the criterions for pvp being enabled on a certain spot? the spot being far far away (whatever that means) from a town?
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

another neat idea for pvp improvement:

let there be short, but wild and dangerous roads to important spots, having pvp enabled, and long, but safe roads without pvp.. ? also not just indoor maps.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

kinwa wrote:another neat idea for pvp improvement:

let there be short, but wild and dangerous roads to important spots, having pvp enabled, and long, but safe roads without pvp.. ? also not just indoor maps.
Great idea. I'll keep this in consideration for a future outdoor pvp zone.
Current character is "Abolish".
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

kinwa wrote:if i only could use rain spell against their lightning... why not an outside pvp map also, maybe some day?
Or disable lightning on indoor maps. I mean, there's no more reason for it to come out of the roof than rain, is there?
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

This does make sense. The animation comes from the sky. If it came from the hands (like on Star Wars - force lightning) it'd make sense. Currently all the JackOs are outdoors (except in Candor) so it wouldn't affect the original purpose of JackOs (monsters for mages). The mages still have their right to them.
"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise..." Inara, Firefly
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

maybe we can make fireball a less powerful, but faster spell that can be used in any environment and lightning as an outdoors only, but powerful spell? I'll talk to argul about it since he is now bottomlining magic.
Arphetic
Novice
Novice

Post by Arphetic »

I still dont see what inside/outside has to do with magic ....
bcs86 wrote:This game is a long way from looking like something people could take seriously.
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

Then rain inside is just as good ^^

Nah, seriously the more things added to the game the better so fireball should be interesting.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Arphetic wrote:I still dont see what inside/outside has to do with magic ....
Mh it has nothing so far to do with magic, but with their animation.
looks a bit strange to have lightnings form above in indoor maps...

I thought of not disallowing lightning indoor, but to make the animation go from caster to target.
If it came from the hands (like on Star Wars - force lightning)
When lightning comes from your hand, that would be a nice animation.
I actually thought of that. Then the damage could be divided by 2 and applied to caster and target as well...

I am looking for more nice ideas on that.
---
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

rain, rain arrows and lightning outdoors only makes sense because they are a manipulation of weather conditions to make the spell function, rather than summoning power from nothing.
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

are we seriously discussing how to make magic more realistic? it's MAGIC; it doesn't have to make sense.
Arphetic
Novice
Novice

Post by Arphetic »

Since when are arrow rains part of the weather ? Also could suggest working on new things instead of changing old things. The Damage/Defence rate of mages is always way different from warriors anyway.
Acegi
Novice
Novice

Post by Acegi »

Before you can consider adding new attacks/spells etc I'm inclined to suggest again to all players:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =2&t=11456

If no observations and comments are made then the new combat system could be just as badly made as the current one. I hate repeating myself but comments and suggestions on the new combat system in the test server should be one of the player's top priorities. This include magic attacks/defence.

The testing server isn't there just for appearance's sake. It's the player's chance to decide how the future of combat in TMW will be. If very few people care to comment then in the future whatever changes are made to combat, everyone else have only themselves to blame not the developers.