Woodland Tileset ready for mapping

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Woodland Tileset ready for mapping

Post by Crush »

I hereby declare the woodland tileset as ready for mapping. so anyone who got enough of the desert can start making maps with it.

So download tiled from http://tiled.rpgdx.net/ (requires the Java Virtual Machine from http://www.java.com:80/en/download/manual.jsp), read the mapping guidelines on the wiki, download the tileset from http://www.crushnet.org/TempFiles/tmw/Woodland.png and you can start.

A guide about how to use the tileset most efficiently can be found on the wiki, too: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/Woodland_T ... ping_Guide
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Great work ;)
Verious
Peon
Peon

Post by Verious »

What's the deal with the guy at the bottom of the lake?
xand
Novice
Novice

Post by xand »

That's a gimmick ;)
Ask Rotonen where to use it.
Somewhere, a bit hidden, as Easter Egg :P
nayr
Novice
Novice

Post by nayr »

same with the sword in the rock :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

So, any volunteers who feel like trying at mapping? Matt? Verious? xand?

you can use my test map as a reference.
http://www.crushnet.org/TempFiles/woodland_map.rar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Chetic: !!!
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Rotonen wrote:Chetic: !!!
i don't get the meaning of that post.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

maci: !!!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i opened this thread one week ago. all the players said "good work" and that they can't await to play on new maps, but noone wants to do the work and make them.

you all just want to consume. have you ever thought about contributing something in return?

open source software doesn't live of people who consume and give feedback. it lives of people who DO. we don't want your money, we dont want you to play 24/7, we want your creativity and skill. don't just think about what the TMW project can do for you, think about what you can do for the TMW project!
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

And I can get into that.
If they don't feel they have the time, the skill or something else... they just live on their lives and play TMW once in a while.

Besides, playing is helping because players find the most bugs and report them.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

i think everyone contributes on his own way.

but i agree that someone needs to do a nice map with this beatiful tileset
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
biggeruniverse
Peon
Peon

Post by biggeruniverse »

Crush wrote:i opened this thread one week ago. all the players said "good work" and that they can't await to play on new maps, but noone wants to do the work and make them.

you all just want to consume. have you ever thought about contributing something in return?

open source software doesn't live of people who consume and give feedback. it lives of people who DO. we don't want your money, we dont want you to play 24/7, we want your creativity and skill. don't just think about what the TMW project can do for you, think about what you can do for the TMW project!
I think you're goofy. I'm busy working on Tiled for a release, so I'm absolved. :wink:
We are on the outer reaches of someone else's universe
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Ok Crush you're also a good mapper it seems, I really enjoyed your map. I guess we could add this one to the next release as soon as we find some monster to place on it.
Here comes a screenshot of my walk:

Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

Crush wrote:i opened this thread one week ago. all the players said "good work" and that they can't await to play on new maps, but noone wants to do the work and make them.
sorry, unfortunately I work fulltime (community service instead of army)... so i dont have time to make maps either play tmw :(
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(