[FND] Block Walls (City walls, Prison, Arena)

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: [WIP] Block Walls (City walls, Prison, Arena)

Post by Bertram »

Hi,
Thank you. Could you upload source files to tmwart repo? I don't even remember how to synchronize git repos.
-> You're welcome, and sure! If I can help artists get out of boring technical stuff... ;)
Some new tiles containing roof parts will be slightly repositioned. I got only 16 tiles of space left :(
-> Hmm, I guess it's not bothering the map editing if you make the image's height higher. Or maybe do you see the space left as a challenge to put the maximum tiles within the given size? Or am I wrong?

EDIT: Images uploaded with commit:
http://www.gitorious.org/tmwart/mainlin ... f75f572299
Thanks a lot!

Best regards.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

i wrote:
Bertram wrote:I'll update the files to the dev data asap.
Thank you. Could you upload source files to tmwart repo? I don't even remember how to synchronize git repos.

0.0.8 is scheduled on Sunday 10.10.2010.
Expected new content:
- Open doorway [done already]
- Two new windows [20% done]
- Some new wall add-ons [30% done]

Some new tiles containing roof parts will be slightly repositioned. I got only 16 tiles of space left :(
Perhaps putting the roof on another tile sheet would give you a bit more room.
I really need offset transitions for some of the walls. I find there are some things that I just can't do with the base set.
0.0.9 may be released on Sunday 17.10.2010. With some luck it may be marked as 0.1.0 - first fully functional and map ready set.

Next work would be then Block Walls Add-on Tileset containing:
- 4 frame gate opening/closing animation (open -> mid frame 1 -> mid frame 2 -> closed)
- wooden bridge
- some sculptures
- 8 directional stairs
- huge tower in Byzantine style

In same time I'll try to work on wall-clif integration.
The first thing that I thought off when I seen your archway around the door was that you were going for a Byzantine style.
Once this gets to a 1.0 status I should have a map within a few days considering we peg the grass tiles we're going to use. :)
Good work Irukard. Did you happen to make anymore tutorials about this work? I would like to know some of your techniques for some things. :) This is close enough to being done that I will start a thread to discuss the academy design. I got a buddy of mine to loan me his laptop so I put my HD in and have to get this all sorted with my software to work with. Since I've caught up with my school work today I should be free most of the week to get some things hashed out for the academy.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Guess what? 0.1.0 is here!

Release info: http://mruk.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/bl ... set-0-1-0/

Source files: http://lasdomogrod.pl/tmw/block-walls-source/

So... I suppose [WIP] tag is no longer relevant.
Len
Knight
Knight

Re: [FND] Block Walls (City walls, Prison, Arena)

Post by Len »

That's some professional looking work :P
Pixel Battalion
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Len wrote:That's some professional looking work :P
You may believe it or not but this is my second finished tileset. After outdated Inn those tiles may bring some freshness to game. I've also started [Block Walls Add-ons] tileset. So far I got outlines for:
- Byzantine tower
- Multi directional railings (balustrade)

After [Block Walls Add-ons] I plan to make [Block Walls Gate Animation] - 2 frames are missing. But ATM animations aren't necessary. After that there will be time for [Port Town] with her majesty Gema the Second :P
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Gratz on the block wall set being done after all this time.
It should provide something new for eA and a good start to CR1.
I have a map for eA that's just additional forest that makes a fork in the road. North of that will be the farming village that poison ivy is going to work on and south of that will be the port town.
I think a small detachment of soldiers will have a fort outside of the port town. ;)
I've been waiting along time for this set to get done. You have just made the best GPL tile-set I've ever seen.
I hope you keep up this new pace of yours.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

4 years ... woah.

You started so much in 2006, I hope you will live long enough to finish it all ;)

Great work iru!
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Matt wrote:4 years ... woah.

You started so much in 2006, I hope you will live long enough to finish it all ;)

Great work iru!
To be honest Matt, I've started this tileset 2 march 2008. So it took me about 2 years and 7 months.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

You started this thread in 2006? You choose to redo it, but it still counts!