New castle wip 5: check it out

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

no, the game uses a lightsource from the southwest. haven't you read the graphic design guidelines on the wiki?
Golgo
Novice
Novice

Post by Golgo »

Crush wrote:no, the game uses a lightsource from the southwest. haven't you read the graphic design guidelines on the wiki?
Like this?.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

more like this:

think about the light source as over your left shoulder.
Golgo
Novice
Novice

Post by Golgo »

Crush wrote:more like this:

think about the light source as over your left shoulder.
Wouldent that be northwest?, hmm looks like ill just have to make longer strechy shadows.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

what i wanted to make clear: on your picture it looked as if the light source were very low on the ground.

what i meant was that the light source is behind, left and over the viewer.
Golgo
Novice
Novice

Post by Golgo »

Crush wrote:what i wanted to make clear: on your picture it looked as if the light source were very low on the ground.

what i meant was that the light source is behind, left and over the viewer.
The suns rays are powerful :p, its the desert, behind left and over the viewer..... so basically on top leaning a little to the left is what your saying?, this conversation might go on for a bit...,so ill look at the wiki page or show me a quick tile example (if you want to).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

the wiki is down at the moment. but you can find the link to the tileset development guidelines on the front page when it is up again.

In the meantime check out the shading on my woodland tileset. it is the result of a long discussion:
Golgo
Novice
Novice

Post by Golgo »

Crush wrote:the wiki is down at the moment. but you can find the link to the tileset development guidelines on the front page when it is up again.

In the meantime check out the shading on my woodland tileset. it is the result of a long discussion:
Thats pretty much coming from the west, alright ill ajust to that thanks.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I like the head, but it's not a camel (and it shouldn't be a camel).
This message used to be meaningful.
Golgo
Novice
Novice

Post by Golgo »

Rotonen wrote:I like the head, but it's not a camel (and it shouldn't be a camel).
Well, i wasent really looking at a reference pic when i ded it, so thats good then that you liked the head :D .
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Love the update golgo, keep up the good work.
The diagonal bends could be a bit more smooth... or are those just pieces of straight wall?
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Golgo
Novice
Novice

Post by Golgo »

Modanung wrote:Love the update golgo, keep up the good work.
The diagonal bends could be a bit more smooth... or are those just pieces of straight wall?
Thanks, the wall tiles in the corner left are barrier walls (walls that are a little after then the castle itself, as you have it in that 3d image), i also need to know what floor tiles we are using in this area?, i cant do fixed floor lighting with out knowing what tiles are going to be used for the floor.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Golgo wrote:Thanks, the wall tiles in the corner left are barrier walls (walls that are a little after then the castle itself, as you have it in that 3d image), i also need to know what floor tiles we are using in this area?, i cant do fixed floor lighting with out knowing what tiles are going to be used for the floor.
You should probably put your floor lighting in a different layer, so that we can always change the floor tiles easily later.
Golgo
Novice
Novice

Post by Golgo »

Bjørn wrote:
Golgo wrote:Thanks, the wall tiles in the corner left are barrier walls (walls that are a little after then the castle itself, as you have it in that 3d image), i also need to know what floor tiles we are using in this area?, i cant do fixed floor lighting with out knowing what tiles are going to be used for the floor.
You should probably put your floor lighting in a different layer, so that we can always change the floor tiles easily later.
Oh ok, ill do a transperency then.