[WIP] dev.themanaworld.org

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [WIP] dev.themanaworld.org

Post by Merlin »

i wrote:
krazyjakee wrote:How can I test this?
First of all, you need Google Wave account. Then click this link:
https://wave.google.com/wave/waveref/go ... +SPuggCVFA

or

Wait until Sunday.

or

PM me with your e-mail address, and I send you tileset in PNG.
I went and logged into google wave, clicked the link but it tells me I'm not a participant in that wave.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

IvanMorve wrote:Thanks. I will redo theses craps soon. And maybe provide a frozen tileset.

Should I put the pavement on a different tileset in order to use it on the academy? (+ I have a road and a transition to grass in the work, somewhere in my worksheet)

What about the coastal house who "isn't usable in it's current state"? You need more tiles? Which ones?
The worksheet is coming alone nicely, what about some shadows in the house? I feel like the house looks very flat because there is no light interaction.

I think we could light up a bit the fountain also, is too dark.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Actually I have issues with the shadows in this game.
I would actually prefer to have a separate set of shadow shapes that could be used on a top layer to actually cast a shadow on the lower layers. I have experimented with this and I think I can come up with a working set based along the shadow guidelines for CR-1 grfx.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

MerlinX420 wrote:Actually I have issues with the shadows in this game.
I would actually prefer to have a separate set of shadow shapes that could be used on a top layer to actually cast a shadow on the lower layers. I have experimented with this and I think I can come up with a working set based along the shadow guidelines for CR-1 grfx.
@Merlin what kind of issues ? technical issues ? or graphic development issues ? shadows affects colors and with just a shadow layer sometimes you can't represent properly the colors underneath.

But was just a suggestion. If shadows can be layered and used I think is ok.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

graphical. nothing technical about it.
With the shadows attached to tiles it prevents them from being on a over layer and actually casting onto the sprite.
It would cast on any tiles below it but the sprite would be un-effected. Perhaps I'll make a visual reference to this to help explain what I mean.
MerlinX420
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

As for development:

- Addition of log rotation + zipping of old log files + bugfixes along thway. -> Almost done. Normal log rotation functional. Log per day under progress.
- GUI fixes in order to display the different character's attributes nicely. -> Done :)

Best regards.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi!

Merlin's map is in place.

Enjoy!

Best regards.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi!

As for bumping the topic and give some news:

Latest client data changes:
- Addition of a Alpha-academy map from Merlin.
- Addition of music from saturn into it.
- Manaserv bug fixing on the log system and SQL.

I request Merlin or whoever is willing to help to work from the map file
given here (so that the file links are correct.):
http://gitorious.org/tmw/client-dev
To download current client data:
http://gitorious.org/tmw/client-dev/arc ... all/master

Hacking progress:
Bertram:
- Addition of log rotation + bugfixes along the way. -> Done.
- GUI fixes in order to display the different character's attributes nicely. -> Done.
- (+ Bug fixes to attribute code, sql code and so on.)
- Addition of custom listen ports possibility. -> Done.
- Addition of sending the max available character per accounts number at login, and making the client display it nicely. -> Done.
- Add Meway's map in replacement of Merlin's one and add an author tag to every tilesets.
- Critical fixes in the movement system, especially for player who are remote for you. -> In progress
- Full review of the item and equipment system. -> In progress
- Addition of parameters handling for the monitor.
- Addition of a 'low-admin' tool to permit accounts creation and little admin tasks while I find them along the way.
- Addition of a manaweb interface for dev.themanaworld.org

Freeyorp:
- Addition of a central timer system (To permit cooldowns and used in core of auto-attacks) -> Patch and concept to review here: http://bugs.manasource.org/view.php?id=266
- Progress on the auto-attack system. (In order to get PvP running initially.) -> In progress.
- PvP

If everything goes well, Freeyorp will agree to create a personal remote repository showing his changes, and making us able to merge our work more quickly. If he doesn't, once I've got the item and equipment running, I'll ask for diffs every week, attempting to merge things as much as possible, while trying to keep the code sane.

Best regards.