Player-set 1.5

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Player-set 1.5

Post by Crush »

I think when you remove the middle frame of the swing animation it would have a lot more *bam*.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Crush wrote:I think when you remove the middle frame of the swing animation it would have a lot more *bam*.
heres a look at it with out the middle frame of the 1h-swing(is now 3 frames each)...i like the way it came out.. :twisted: .. :twisted: :mrgreen: thanks for the input Crush..

-----------skipy
Attachments
Swordattack_all-less.gif
Swordattack_all-less.gif (8.11 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

That with motion trailing for weapon sprites and you've pretty much gotten the core concept there.

Also bear in mind you are not bound to standard intervals between sprite shapes in the game client as you are with GIF. You can somewhat emulate this with adding spacer frames into a GIF.
This message used to be meaningful.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Rotonen wrote:That with motion trailing for weapon sprites and you've pretty much gotten the core concept there.

Also bear in mind you are not bound to standard intervals between sprite shapes in the game client as you are with GIF. You can somewhat emulate this with adding spacer frames into a GIF.
motion trailing for weapon sprites will be needed....i started to put what is there in a sheet (still needed lots of work)..

-------skipy

[[edit]]----i have put all the needed frames on this sheet and put them in some sort of order...it still needs some cleaning up and detail ..

--skipy
Attachments
player-sprite-sheet-male-1.5-.png
player-sprite-sheet-male-1.5-.png (106.24 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
Last edited by skipy on 27 Oct 2010, 06:02, edited 2 times in total.
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

Duck awesome, i like it! great work skipy.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

here is the start to the female-sheet.. :wink: :twisted: ..(still needs lots of work)

------------skipy
Last edited by skipy on 26 Oct 2010, 06:47, edited 1 time in total.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i started to put the spell frames together..i changed where some of the arms where ..i think it looks better this way.(with arms down)...

------skipy
Attachments
player_male_spell.gif
player_male_spell.gif (6.59 KiB) Viewed 3573 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

THE SHADING NEEDS DONE, BUT OTHERWISE IT LOOKS GOOD :D
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

skipy wrote:i started to put the spell frames together..i changed where some of the arms where ..i think it looks better this way.(with arms down)...

------skipy
Is the in-between frame necessary? Or could it even be done with only one frame?
This message used to be meaningful.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Rotonen wrote:
skipy wrote:i started to put the spell frames together..i changed where some of the arms where ..i think it looks better this way.(with arms down)...

------skipy
Is the in-between frame necessary? Or could it even be done with only one frame?
i was hoping you or someone would say that :mrgreen: :wink: .....i really don't like the arms being out...here is a look at 2 frames each....and maybe it can be done with just 1...but first we look at 2 :mrgreen:......

here it a look at what im trying to do with the pole attack frames...(just a ruff demo)
yourmistakes wrote:THE SHADING NEEDS DONE, BUT OTHERWISE IT LOOKS GOOD :D
yes needs shading....glad you like it..thx for the feed back..

-------skipy
Attachments
player_male_pole-side.gif
player_male_pole-side.gif (2.11 KiB) Viewed 3558 times
player_male_spell-2.gif
player_male_spell-2.gif (4.48 KiB) Viewed 3558 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

more pole attack frames...
still needs works...
Attachments
player_male_pole-face.gif
player_male_pole-face.gif (1.96 KiB) Viewed 3548 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

A spellcasting animation is superfluous, in my opinion. We can just use the normal swing animation for this.

Remember: every additional animation means additional frames which need to be drawn for every piece of equipment. More work for creating equipment = less equipment in the game = less variety in visuals and gameplay.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Crush wrote:A spellcasting animation is superfluous, in my opinion. We can just use the normal swing animation for this.

Remember: every additional animation means additional frames which need to be drawn for every piece of equipment. More work for creating equipment = less equipment in the game = less variety in visuals and gameplay.
i agree...and spell frames would add nothing to game other then spell frames...

so spell frames will be cut from the list till i hear otherwise ....

here is back pole frames{with the others} demo.(still needs work)..

---skipy
Attachments
player_male_pole-.gif
player_male_pole-.gif (5.52 KiB) Viewed 3538 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Great work so far skipy. I think we could do without the spell frame. I'm pretty sure your trying to do this in the least amount of frames possible to reduce the workload it's going to put on us as far as gear goes. The addition of spell frames wouldn't be that much of a hassle since we have to recreate many frame as it is.
Once you get the new sheets done I'll make templates and we can start on re working the gear. I know I'm gonna help with this and I hope that the other pixel ppl will join in so we can finish it quick enough. Considering that most of the frames would most likely be edits of the existing frames it wouldn't be to hard for some new ppl to try there hand at helping with this. Gear sheets are boring and repetitive but you learn lots along the way. I learned the hard way about the intricate gear designs with the robe I am making and if I can make that suitable then I should be able to make just about anything my mind can come up with.

Thinking of the workload already is boggling but I'm sure we will organize and figure out who is going to do what and hopefully we can all work together to help implement this as efficiently as possible. You've really done some quick work and I'd hate to have you bust your butt to get this done but have to wait forever and a year to just to get the gear re-worked. I don't know where this ranks on the list of priorities for eA, but out of all the projects going this seems to be the one that would bring the greatest game-play change to the game.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

thank you for the back up-MerlinX420-..workload should not be that bad if we go in to it organized ...as soon as any of the sheets are done i will post a new topic for it where we can sign up for who is fixing what off the big list...my hope is to have this as close to done as i can by Halloween(but im not going to rush it if more time is needed)...and maybe by X-mass we will be on done with fixing Gear sheets((((maybe)))))...

and i agree "wouldn't be to hard for some new ppl to try there hand at helping with this. Gear sheets" ..

all is welcome at any time to help or leave feed back...

up dated male sheet..closer but not done...

------skipy [[[edit]]] first male player-sprite-sheet
Last edited by skipy on 26 Oct 2010, 06:47, edited 2 times in total.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido