Magic spells graphics

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

ktm wrote:Imagefile
Wow... those are like... the best cartoon sprite-effects I've ever seen.
kick ass
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

Modanung wrote:Wow... those are like... the best cartoon sprite-effects I've ever seen.
kick ass
jup

and you are the one who is supposed to redo sth like that ;P
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

Actually it's probably just one rotating fire/smoke thingy, fading from yellow to red to black, and pretty clever use of a particle system (i like the "flamethrower kicking in"-explosion effect right at the beginning)
the hardest part is coming up with the idea... (which we dont have to anymore. is there copyright stuff on particle effect usage? ^_^)
Modanung wrote:Wow... those are like... the best cartoon sprite-effects I've ever seen.
Just wait till you see the bosses! I can really recommend the game, but make sure you got enough friends with GBAs since single player on this one is only mediocre (by Zelda standards).
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Can't in be played online with a GBA-emulator? :P
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

the overworld is gc-based and shared for all players, if a player enters a dungeon he gets it displayed on his individual gba. so you'd need a gc emu with both gc-to-gba-linkage and netplay.
well-working gc emu's out there: 0 (a few promising ones though), gba emus w/ netplay: 1 (an inofficial, dirty hack version. also, your inet connection's probably -way- slower than the gba cable throughput).
thus you're better of borrowing/renting the equipment (doesnt take too long, too - i finished it in like 4 days).

but enough of this already - thread's title is "Magic spells graphics", let's get back to that.