[WIP] New Trees 3x high

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

[WIP] New Trees 3x high

Post by Merlin »

I tried making 3x high versions of the 5x high trees. It could auto-replace all the old existing tress with the new style.

I need to work of them. Just a quick example.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: [WIP] New Trees 3x high

Post by meway »

Hello merlin I noticed that you have been waiting patiently with this tile set for some sorts of response. These look nice I am sure your aware of the issues I have with it already though. The left side of the tree is a flat straight line | and also at the top of the other _ flat line. I hope to see more progress on these familiar trees.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

They are also very blurry because you've used an automatic resize filter.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

no those are cropped rather badly. not resized. it was literally a 5 minute if that effort.
yes i know about that meway. ty. :) Maybe I can nail it on a real attempt
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I think this was a better attempt at the matching 3x high trees.

(after previewing post)

opps. XD

sometimes you don't notice things untill you see them on an all white background. lol.
anyway. I got the tree's to fit and with a little touch up they will match the 5x high trees. XD
Attachments
Woodland_x3.png
Woodland_x3.png (107.28 KiB) Viewed 1360 times
MerlinX420
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

I really prefer this pallet for trees...the smaller current version has much yellow...
I have a arborvitae with this yellow shading but I live in coastal forest and your pallet is much closer to what I see.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Yes I agree that's why I was attempting to re-surface the old three with this newer style.

Once I get the trees down I might mess around and try to make some color variants.

This could be used in landscape transitions. I even thought of the idea of having different season tilesets that would be switched around as the season's change.
IDK if that's actually possible but it's an idea. XD
MerlinX420