[DIS] blocking with a Shield ?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

skipy
Knight
Knight

[DIS] blocking with a Shield ?

Post by skipy »

before i can move foreword on the player set ...there is some thing i need to under stand first..
and that is***how will the Shield work****... will the player hold a [key] down to hold up a Shield in a "blocking" action? or will there be just a Shield equipped to bring up defense ?? ...i would like to finish this as soon as i can..

------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [DIS] blocking with a Shield ?

Post by Crush »

I think rather the latter.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

there is no (hold a [key] down to hold up a Shield in a "blocking" action)...and the Shield sets on the player as the hat dose(only on the arm :roll: )..

if this is how is to be ..then i think all frames for the player set are done ...

holding a [key] down to hold up a Shield in a "blocking" action, seems like a cool idea but will add lots of work and maybe not work right at all with game play...

im going to drop Shield frames unless there already is plans for (hold a [key] down to hold up a Shield in a "blocking" action) and its know how it will work..

all that said ,,,the player sprite is ready for testing...

----------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Personally I would like the shield to be a visible component regardless of a blocking action or not.
sexy red bearded GM
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Big Crunch wrote:Personally I would like the shield to be a visible component regardless of a blocking action or not.
i agree-here is a fast demo of how it could look with the set as is- ....to get a better idea of look and feel..

-----skipy
Attachments
Swordattacksh.gif
Swordattacksh.gif (3.02 KiB) Viewed 2003 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

There will be no "shield-block" action for TMW-eA, but shields should be a visible component since one handed melee attacks will allow the use of a shield. Its defense will apply, but there won't be a special block button.
Current character is "Abolish".
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Wombat wrote:There will be no "shield-block" action for TMW-eA, but shields should be a visible component since one handed melee attacks will allow the use of a shield. Its defense will apply, but there won't be a special block button.
sweet then player-set 1.5 is read for testing.... :mrgreen:

---skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido