TMW just finally notched from pre-alpha to alpha!

Where game and project announcements are made.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

TMW just finally notched from pre-alpha to alpha!

Post by Rotonen »

We've come a long way, but dev.themanaworld.org is finally up and running and is available for CR1 contributors upon request!

It's about time after six and a half years.

There is an attached picture here too to see where it is at now. You can walk around and chat! We do not have a playerset or much anything yet, though. But it is finally there.

EDIT: Apparently the attachment cannot be viewed by everyone due to silliness in the phpBB3 permission scheme (you can only see the attachment if you could post an attachment there yourself. I've hosted the picture elsewhere for now.

This message used to be meaningful.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: TMW just finally notched from pre-alpha to alpha!

Post by i »

Cool news... but "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Nice, finally with a more SoM like starting map instead of the desert thingy like I requested 6 years ago :P
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Hooray!

I've been watching this project develop for a long time and it's wonderful to see it finally make this milestone!

What port do I use to connect?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

feline monstrosity wrote:Hooray!

I've been watching this project develop for a long time and it's wonderful to see it finally make this milestone!

What port do I use to connect?
Default manaserv port (9601). Though the dev server can only be used by those given permission to use it, it seems.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

The auto-registration has been deactivated to prevent character's spam as seen in tA a bit ago.

As we have no web-based registration method yet, I've created a little but steadily growing tool to create accounts in a more secure manner.

About access to the dev server, the TMW and Mana teams are allowed to have access, as agreed with Rotonen.
Just ask me using PM for instance, and I'll give you access.

For everyone else, especially the people involved in the CR development, I encourage them to ask Rotonen, filtering access requests.

Thanks a lot for your interest in the new server.

Best regards.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Bertram wrote:About access to the dev server, the TMW and Mana teams are allowed to have access, as agreed with Rotonen.
Just ask me using PM for instance, and I'll give you access.
Actually I thought Manasource devs are the only automatically granted access right. All other requests go through me.
This message used to be meaningful.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Actually I thought Manasource devs are the only automatically granted access right. All other requests go through me.
Oh, my bad. :)
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Looks great! (though the top screenshot does have a certain... quaintness to it) and it's wonderful to hear that TMW is now in alpha.

Congratulations TMW!
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Wow. 6 1/2 years. I stumbled upon this game in the summer of 07 I think. TMW and it's associated projects have come along way.

It's really amazing that this project has done so much. It's spawned a 2D mmorpg engine, 1 main eA server and a major overhaul on that as well, a tile map-editor that now is completely awesome compared to the first version I used. ( Big thanks to Bjorn for that really great program that just keeps getting better!)

Let's hope the next 6 1/2 years are at least just as productive. I'm glad I came back to this game. It has a certain something that I just dont see in other mmorpgs.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Yoshimura wrote:Will it be possible to implement something like a "level transfer or any kind of transfer from eathena to manaserv once its out?
As stated in the new server faq this is unfortunately not possible because the game systems of Manaserv and eAthena are fundamentally different. Just to give you one example: eAthena has one central experience counter. Manaserv has an individual experience count for every skill. The character level is calculated from the experience of all skills (not simply added - the formula is more complex).

It's also not really purposeful to have a 80+ character at the start of Manaserv, because the first content release is targeted for a level range from level 1 to level 20.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
zxzack
Peon
Peon

Post by zxzack »

can others besides the dev team go on to check it out? this is prolly badly worded, but can non dev ppl go on to help test or is that not needed or not wanted?
Praecellens Esto!
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

zxzack wrote:can others besides the dev team go on to check it out? this is prolly badly worded, but can non dev ppl go on to help test or is that not needed or not wanted?
Currently the test server is invite only, but all the necessary files are available online. So everyone who has the necessary technical expertise can set up an own server which is identical to the test server.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
natsuki3
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki3 »

is thats a new server ?
Its blue like the sea.
ethan3
Newly Registered User

Post by ethan3 »

Rotonen wrote:Image

We've come a long way, but dev.themanaworld.org is finally up and running and is available for CR1 contributors upon request!

It's about time after six and a half years.

There is an attached picture here too to see where it is at now. You can walk around and chat! We do not have a playerset or much anything yet, though. But it is finally there.

EDIT: Apparently the attachment cannot be viewed by everyone due to silliness in the phpBB3 permission scheme (you can only see the attachment if you could post an attachment there yourself. I've hosted the picture elsewhere for now.

Great news! Thank you very much for sharing but I don't have the required permissions to view the files.