Should Cotillion be a GM?

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 49
Alons
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alons »

I think he would make a nice GM.

He is reasonable and well-balanced, and I think he would act fairly, with no doubt to listen and to enforce the rules when necessary.

So at least, allow him to prove himself as a good GM.

NOTE: I would appreciate people who doesnt know what to vote to make and effort and try at least to talk with him before voting. That will make you at least vote "yes" or "no" clearly.

Regards,

Alons.
And remember: you play a game to have fun!
Alons, GM of TMW.
snoopy
Novice
Novice

Re: Should Cotillion be a GM?

Post by snoopy »

Yeah nice man for Gm ,but i think he sell him player. :o :o :shock: :shock:
(°_°)
Alons
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alons »

He was about to sell it, but finally he didn't and he will continue on.

Regards,

Alons.
Alons, GM of TMW.
dayve
Novice
Novice

Post by dayve »

I voted no because i seldom see him play and do see him sit in town AFK alot. We dont need another AFK GM.
Alons
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alons »

I want to thank Lord of the Flies and dayve for showing your reasons to vote for no.

Have fun! See you in game =).

Regards,

Alons.
Alons, GM of TMW.
azrael
Peon
Peon

Post by azrael »

I voted no, because he seems to nuke people alot and we dont need a gm who nukes people when their not even talking to him
snoopy
Novice
Novice

Post by snoopy »

azrael wrote:I voted no, because he seems to nuke people alot and we dont need a gm who nukes people when their not even talking to him
oO really he nuke player,he dont nuke me ever i think,he's nice. :D
(°_°)
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Post by Cotillion »

Alons wrote:I think he would make a nice GM.

He is reasonable and well-balanced, and I think he would act fairly, with no doubt to listen and to enforce the rules when necessary.
Thank you Al0nS. I appreciate the nomination and the vote of support. I have always tried to be reasonable and honest in my time in TMW, it is nice to see that reflected in your nomination of me for GM.
snoopy wrote:Yeah nice man for Gm ,but i think he sell him player. :o :o :shock: :shock:
Still here. Even with the auction, I never planned on leaving TMW. I have played numerous ALTs over the years, and despite deleting all of Cotillion Shadow's (Thank you a gain DEV's for the Item Bank), I still have one or two I play from time to time. I was never leaving TMW. Sorry if there was any confusion.

dayve wrote:I voted no because i seldom see him play and do see him sit in town AFK alot. We dont need another AFK GM.
dayve. You are absolutely right. I do not "play" as much as I used to, although I am still leveling, reached 91 this week. I have turned 100% mage, and have been enjoying it very much. But as mage, I don't spend time in the GY as many others do. You will mostly see me up North killing skulls, or still hunting the elusive Four Leaf Clover. When I am not doing that, I will run around some newbie lands, watch the market for good deals, or play my own version of Santa. (If you have ever found slimes dropping odds and ends, you can thank Santa).

Lord of the Flies wrote:Voted no for a couple reason and not simply because I do not like him.

The fact he recently was going to sell his account and quit the game tells me he can't be trusted. And by me saying can't be trusted I mean if he gets the job who knows if he will be around from one day to the next. I'm going to vote for someone I think is going to be in it for the long haul. We already have 2 gms that just seem to show up when they feel like it ban a couple people and vanish again.

Second reason he comes across as a bit arrogant. Which usually worsens when given a lil' power. He has abuser written all over him.
Lord of the Flies. I am sorry you do not like me. I have never had much dealings with you, but don't recall any time we had bad dealings with one another. Your point on me auctioning Cotillion I hope I answered above. But let me state once again, I had no intentions to stop playing TMW. I have played many online games, but none has kept me entertained as much as TMW. I am here to stay.

azrael wrote:I voted no, because he seems to nuke people alot and we dont need a gm who nukes people when their not even talking to him
azrael. Nuke is a wonderful tool. It is session only, so next time I restart my client, everyone is visible again. So I don't have to put people off and on ignore. If there is a debate (aka chat spam), topic I am not interested in, spammers, merchants (if I am not in the mood to buy or sell), I will utilize the wonderful feature of Nuke. That way I can focus on the conversations I am interested in, and enjoy the game as much as I want to. Ignore and Nuke are way underutilized by the community IMO. I wouldn't continue to use nuke as I do today if I were to become a GM. I hope you understand the rationalization there.
snoopy wrote:oO really he nuke player,he dont nuke me ever i think,he's nice. :D
Thanks snoopy. I don't believe you have ever ended up on nuke.

For those of you still undecided, you can get more information about my thoughts as GM under "Questionary for people who want to be GMs" http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 1&start=30

Thank you again for the nomination.

-Cotillion
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Post by Cotillion »

MrWho wrote:I voted NO because Cotillion does not wish to become a GM, stop opening topics for him.
MrWho, if I make it past the vote, and TMW thinks I would make a good GM, I would take it and honer the responsibility.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Also, AFAIK GMs aren't allowed to put people on Ignore or Nuke them, so it doesn't matter how much he does it at present. YES from me.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

I voted "Yes" cause I don't care.

(Oh, my vote resulted into 50/50, nice)
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

I will vote yes because I have known Cotillion for about a year now and as long as I've known him he has always been very nice, responsible, and loyal. He is a great person to talk to. Very friendly and over all a very great guy.

So like I said I will vote yes :)

<!-- BBB -->
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Cotillion does not wish to be GM
sexy red bearded GM
Dude
Novice
Novice

Post by Dude »

Big Crunch wrote:Cotillion does not wish to be GM
Ok, this is why I vote yes for people....
Dude - lvl 99
...and yes I know where my car is.....
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Closing as requested.

Regards.