[REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [REQ] Tileset: Crypt_indoor

Post by i »

MerlinX420 wrote:Actually you did fix it in your latest version.
Considering that I don't even remember fixing anything, that had to be before 0.0.5.
If I may advise. I use Ubuntu + Gimp + Inkscape + Wacom Tablet as hardware support.
Intuos 3 is great, but tablet embeded into Lenovo X61 is also very useful.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I normal Use ubuntu with the associated programs. Gimp of course. Just started messing with Inkscape since I've seen alot of prototyping done with this.

The tablet is something that I've never had the pleasure of using. I am considering getting one for my next desktop.
Those high end leveno's with the tablets built in seem to be pretty awesome, but I highly doubt I could afford one. (misunderstood. you meant a "tablet" laptop with a touchscreen. that could be nice to have. I went and looked at the x61. Nice for the price really. Always loved my old thinkpads.)

I'll crank out what I can for other stuff for now. I think the crypt is being taken care of.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Before spending hundreds of dollar on a high-end Lenovo or Wacom tablet - there are also low-end devices for much lower prices you can buy to see if working with a tablet really suits you.

I own a graphic tablet but I am only using it for large-scale images. For pixel art I am still using the mouse.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I wasn't on planning on getting one of the expensive ones right away. I'll find a knock-off that's cheap that way if I don't like it that much I'm not out that much cash. ( If I could find a wacom 2ns hand I'd snatch that up anyways.)
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Animated parts of crypt tileset

Post by nmaligec »

Gotcha wrote:hi!

i tried to make an animation with a waterlike shader filling a tile from the above posting.
at the moment it's this:
bloodpan.gif
Has this been completed? I got the crypt map but the animated pools still need to be added. Right now they are sitting empty. What would be the best way to add this to the map? An animated npc, or as a particle effect?

Also has anyone done flickering candle flames? That would look great for a few of the candles spread around the crypt.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i know this is a bit late but i just got this done and maybe useful for the set..

----skipy
Attachments
pine box.png
pine box.png (3.71 KiB) Viewed 2857 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

I sharpened the image and messed up the nails a bit. I played with some of the colour levels to match the rest of the crypt tileset. I added it to Crypt-Fringe-x3.png and placed a few of them in the crypt map. Unless there are any complaints I will upload it to the test suppositories.
Crypt-Fringe-x3.png
Crypt-Fringe-x3.png (157.43 KiB) Viewed 2832 times
If you want to add a busted in one (ie the lid decayed and fell in) I think it would break up the monotony of several of them lined up together all looking the same. If you had time even a 3rd version with bones in it? Idk I might be asking for too much though.

Also any word on the blood effect or candle flames?
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

nmaligec wrote:Unless there are any complaints I will upload it to the test suppositories.
The stained glass windows are coloured a bit brightly, and the second one's pattern is... well, not that nice to look at.

The skulls on the posts look like the Skull has been darkened and stuck on there.

The statues look like a few players that have been greyscaled.

The skeleton in the coffin looks the standing frame of the skeleton that has been rotated.

---------------------

I would tone down the saturation of the windows a bit, and do something about the awful pattern of the green one.

I would draw skulls on the posts that look like carvings, rather than a skull floating in front of it.

I would draw some statues that looked carved and stone-like, rather than greyscale players.

I would draw a skeleton in the coffin, rather than rotating one, which makes it look flat and weird.
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

Poison Ivy: I don't think the player statues or the glass windows were used anywhere. Since I still had to readjust the colour levels for the casket and had gimp open, I tried to fix the skull so that it doesn't stand out too much. Here is my go at it.
Crypt-Fringe-x3.png
Crypt-Fringe-x3.png (157.05 KiB) Viewed 2828 times

For the rest, the original creator or someone more talented than me will have to do it.

BTW skipy, to be extra sneaky, maybe you could make a casket monster. It would be stationary but aggressive and pop out to attack anyone who gets close. You would use the closed lid version for standing frames and then do an attack animation where the lid opens and a skeleton or something flails around. Might be tough to pull off because of player direction and having to have the attack look like it hits the player. Anyway just a thought on something to spice things up a bit: which one is a monster which is scenery?? And before you say you can target nearest to find it, I know. It would be scary the first time and then just surprise people who aren't paying attention later on.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

poison_ivy wrote:
nmaligec wrote:Unless there are any complaints I will upload it to the test suppositories.
The stained glass windows are coloured a bit brightly, and the second one's pattern is... well, not that nice to look at.

The skulls on the posts look like the Skull has been darkened and stuck on there.

The statues look like a few players that have been greyscaled.

The skeleton in the coffin looks the standing frame of the skeleton that has been rotated.

---------------------

I would tone down the saturation of the windows a bit, and do something about the awful pattern of the green one.

I would draw skulls on the posts that look like carvings, rather than a skull floating in front of it.

I would draw some statues that looked carved and stone-like, rather than greyscale players.

I would draw a skeleton in the coffin, rather than rotating one, which makes it look flat and weird.
This whole thing was done in a hurry. All the windows need to re done. The patterns are alright,but 2 thin imp.
The skulls on the post? That's from the graveyard set. The statues were quick easy way to get them real quick. It's not that bad.
I wouldn't make heavy use of them if anything but they don't look that bad in use. It was an easy way to get the odd variety quickly.

I'll look but idk if I have the coffin without somewhere. I'll see about getting a blank one or a fixed one.

Really I was going to go over this set in the future still. I made some BAD shortcuts, but it was quick,and serves the purpose. I don't think it's all that great, but it works good enough. The widows were really meant for use later when I made new ones. I knew they weren't going to be used if at all in the initial crypt.
MerlinX420
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i may try doing a mob with this idk...for now its a start...still needs some detail ...

---skipy
Attachments
pine box mob base.png
pine box mob base.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 2763 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
nmaligec
Warrior
Warrior

Post by nmaligec »

Looking great skipy.

What type of monster are you going to put in it? It can't be a mummy because it doesn't look enough like the stereotypical sarcophagus. Well what ever you put inside I'm sure it will be a great surprise. Maybe you should start a new thread about the coffin monster.

I still haven't gotten an answer to my original question about the blood effects in the basin or the candle flame effects... Anyone?
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i made a "Grate Floor" ....it maybe useful...and it may need more work but here is what i have...

----------skipy
Attachments
tileset_hole-floor.png
tileset_hole-floor.png (6.03 KiB) Viewed 2709 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

here is a look at the empty ones...ill post a new topic for one with a mob...this is just a dem-o and it still needs detail work...

---skipy
Attachments
box-frames.gif
box-frames.gif (6.34 KiB) Viewed 2691 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i put some ripple to the blood ....if i have time i may have it fill up...

----------skipy
Attachments
blood-pool.png
blood-pool.png (3.86 KiB) Viewed 2662 times
blood-pool.gif
blood-pool.gif (3.78 KiB) Viewed 2662 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido