Heaven

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

noelleionscowl
Novice
Novice

Re: Heaven

Post by noelleionscowl »

That's not exactly easy for lower levels.
I'm not saying don't use it, I'm saying that there should be a very small reward if you do so. Or you can choose not to.
</noelleis>
Noelle IonScowl
"Aah! Stop hurting me! It hurts!"
Arphetic
Novice
Novice

Post by Arphetic »

noelleionscowl wrote:Hm.... interesting idea.
I don't like the thought of having to complete a quest every time I die... maybe there should be a reward? Of some form? That can only be obtained once per day, to prevent blatant overuse. And after that you just respawn?

Maybe killing certain monsters could decide where you went?

Good idea, though.
Reward dying?
bcs86 wrote:This game is a long way from looking like something people could take seriously.
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Re: Heaven & Hell

Post by chaslinux »

Years ago I wrote a text adventure in which if you did something particularly bad and died you went to hell. Once in hell you had to do a series of quests to get out. In hell there were a series of planes (levels not airplanes) with different monster-like obstacles. (I didn't base things on the seven sins but someone could).

Maybe a few levels of heaven where characters can work themselves towards some archangel who sends them back.

At first they do quests for some minor angel, and maybe that angel is a little bit loopy, but because the character's intention is good, the next angel grants them another quest. But if they're bad they either have to do the quest a dozen more times or get banished you know where (but I think development in tandem of H&H would be difficult).

Just tossing out ideas.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Keep in mind that players die quite frequently and when they do they want to get back into the "real" game as quickly as possible.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF]
Novice
Novice

Post by Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF] »

Katze wrote:That's exactly what Kage did, actually - just without DIFFERENT clouds.
But it does not at all look like "Heaven" or at least not like what I intended it to be...
Not aimed at being overly "heavy" about it, but ... can some people here understand those specific "Heaven" views to be insulting towards believers in Vikings' Walhalla, Buddhists' Nirvāna or other NIHIL Concepts ???
ImageImage
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Crush wrote:Keep in mind that players die quite frequently and when they do they want to get back into the "real" game as quickly as possible.
esspecially if their fighting a reaper, jack-o or at a spawn party. it would be a pain in the butt if you ended up somewhere every single time you died. People want to go back to what they were doing as quick as they can before its over.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

lag in the city is enought a hell for respawn ^^ and chicka is right, if we fight in candor, spawn party or everything like that will kill the gameplay(that dont really need it yet..) but heaven can be a good idea for an other thing, need to keep this idea.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Hey, in some time we can introduce the resurrect spell
(which in fact warps the players out of heaven to the caster...)
then we really need such a big heaven with different levels.
---