[WIP] Re-make of The Walls of Tulsimer

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Re: [WIP] Re-make of The Walls of Tulsimer

Post by Merlin »

Well here's some screen shots of me walking around doing some tests on my server.
This should give a general idea of what the new desert will look like. I cropped some screenshots to fit a bit better.

MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Maybe the walls could like they sit into the sand? It could possibly be heaped up against them a bit.

Otherwise, it looks good, though the walls would definitely benefit from some embellishments.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi again,

Thanks for the screenies :)

I'll add that now the pathway pixel style is not fitting anymore with the new tileset style while everything else fit much better, IMHO.
(I'm not speaking the path border misplacement, but actually its style.)
pathway.png
pathway.png (76.72 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
Anyway, it's a big step forward.

Best regards.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Isn't there a redo of that marshmellow man statue around somewhere, too?

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Yes I would agree that things are slightly off from the way the original worked with the floors.

Merging the wall into the sand would integrate the look more. I have considered doing that and I'm glad someone else thought the same.

@free: I didn't see any new ones anywhere. I would have surely replaced it if I could. I plan on phasing out all the old tiles as I go.
Hence the boxes being changed out and plan on changing the booth to a more tmw friendly texture and color.

There is also a few problems I have with this set atm and idk if anyone has noticed that I mis-recolored part of the sand.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

After some searching around I believe the statue replacement I was looking for used to be [here]

I don't suppose anyone has a backup of this lurking somewhere?

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

I guess we have to PM seradest an pray?
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I was actually thinking of seeing what else had to be replaced and run a little contest to see who can whip up the best replacements. I did find an attempt at a new desert road, but IDK if I can make it work with the new sand.
I'm having a wonderful time with map 006-1 and I have a list of error's I found while testing the other maps.
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

update of the set that still needs work.

All the mapping errors with the cliffs are fixed. I have to change a few things and get the road to fit with the archway still but it all matches now. I tried a number of different surfaces but couldn't really get something diffrent that looked the same. Even thought about doing a normal brick pattern like the boarder bricks I did but this all matches this way. For some reason I think the other paved surface kinda fits the set. That and Elven's flag might be the only thing left from the original sheet besides the cave entrance. I still have yet to replace/fix the missing sand tiles that got removed from the set. I made a very bad error in what I chose to recolor. I got ALL the Walls, but edited a set without the road in the middle of the arch. Any attempt to get the same exact recolor has eluded me. Idk how many times I've tried.

I have started a rough draft of a new booth as well.

All in all this should be done pretty soon.
Attachments
desert2.png
desert2.png (167.29 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
MerlinX420
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

for your market, http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5655

If you need help to work on them, i can may help you :o I will like to get market tileset done ^^', btw, good job!!
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

ty for the reference to the market stalls. they fit better then the ones I was doing. I saved those thou.

Here's a little preview of what it looks like so far.
Attachments
desertpreview.png
desertpreview.png (113.52 KiB) Viewed 3527 times
MerlinX420
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When I may place some constructive criticism: I think this new tileset looks kind of boring, because everything has the same hue of yellow. When you shift the hue of some objects, like the walls and the different kinds of roads, you could make the tileset much more interesting to look at.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Well, crush is may a bit right, try to change some color on it, to be honest I dont know which put... But I'm sure that you got an idea u.u *escapes*

PS : Always a good work, and look better with the market :)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Actully it was described as "monochromatic". XD Yhea I'm altering the color of that pavement to go more with the cliff stone. Should be a bit better looking.
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Some choices. I'm partial to the lighter version.
Attachments
Desertfloorchoices2-150zoom.png
Desertfloorchoices2-150zoom.png (161.35 KiB) Viewed 3465 times
Desertfloorchoices1.png
Desertfloorchoices1.png (184.29 KiB) Viewed 3465 times
MerlinX420